SEC Softball Tournament

Waaaar Eagle 🦅 girls!!!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pitching and defense has stepped up big in 2 days. If the offense can light a fire, watch out. 

Just now, BJCrawford said:

Who do we get?

Florida....

Hell of a week for these ladies so far. Proud of their energy and effort. WDE

CBP effect in place with these gals!!!!!

First back-to-back shutouts in SEC Girls Tournament since 2013. 

Go girls- get that Championship. 

WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! WAY TO BOUNCE BACK BAAAAAAAAAAAY BAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! LETS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!! It is a bigger accomplishment to win the League Regular season title but just like with basketball IT IS WAY WAY WAY MORE FUN to win the sec tourney as it brings you even more media attention and pub!!!! 

Got home just in time to watch the last three innings.  Great effort by pitching and defense.  Happy for the girls that they could win these two and get a little pride and morale back.  That was maybe Swindle's best effort of the year.  The thing is, we are capable of beating Florida; and Barnhill pitched today, so we should see Chronister or Lugo.

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

Hell of a week for these ladies so far. Proud of their energy and effort. WDE

I agree, but where has this team been for the last three weeks? The hitting still isn't what it needs to be, but the play in the field doesn't look like the same team is out there. They are hustling, making all the routine plays and some tough plays as well. I just hope we can keep it up.

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I agree, but where has this team been for the last three weeks? The hitting still isn't what it needs to be, but the play in the field doesn't look like the same team is out there. They are hustling, making all the routine plays and some tough plays as well. I just hope we can keep it up.

Same team since we still are not hitting the ball all that well. Just pitched extremely well last 2 nights. 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Same team since we still are not hitting the ball all that well. Just pitched extremely well last 2 nights. 

No it's not the same team. We'd been making errors on simple plays, not running the bases well and in general lacking any hustle or pep at all. The difference in the team's demeanor and level of play between these two tournament games and the past three weeks is night and day.

2 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Got home just in time to watch the last three innings.  Great effort by pitching and defense.  Happy for the girls that they could win these two and get a little pride and morale back.  That was maybe Swindle's best effort of the year.  The thing is, we are capable of beating Florida; and Barnhill pitched today, so we should see Chronister or Lugo.

Barnhill barely broke a sweat today against LSU. They had one bunt single, and that was it. I would be highly shocked if she doesn’t start against us tomorrow. 

55 minutes ago, Mikey said:

No it's not the same team. We'd been making errors on simple plays, not running the bases well and in general lacking any hustle or pep at all. The difference in the team's demeanor and level of play between these two tournament games and the past three weeks is night and day.

Well that is great news then! Only got to watch a couple of innings of both games the past 2 days. Great to hear a flip has been switched.

I was very doubtful after the way the last couple of series went. I'm glad the ladies have stepped it up because I knew that they had it in them. Kudos to Char and Ashlee for stepping up when it matters most. 

4 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Well, I can't get the QUOTE button to work, but I think Walton will rest Barnhill for the final.

Agreed.  I would only use her In the semi if necessary.  

CMD's rep as a pitching coach seeming to pay off but really need someone to work in hitting.....got enough to win those past two games but those were not against top pitchers.  Things will be much tougher going forward.

On 5/8/2019 at 10:01 PM, AUBwins said:

Heck yea! Way to go, MoPo!

MoPo, I love it!  Reminds me of Jerry Maguire... "That's my MoPo!"

i0qsOQ.gif

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Well that is great news then! Only got to watch a couple of innings of both games the past 2 days. Great to hear a flip has been switched.

This team was 2-10 in its last 12 SEC games leading into the tournament. Their play in the field, base running and general demeanor was either lackadaisical or disinterested, chose your word. There were numerous comments to that effect by several different posters on this forum. They wouldn't have won either of these two tournament games the way they had been playing. Lets hope the flip that was switched stays switched! :)

They didn’t have a ton of hits yesterday but they did make pretty good contact fairly often.  There are a couple kids struggling but I’d say most of the lineup seemed fairly locked in.  We had a few solid line drives caught at first and third.

Still no word on Taylon Snow's injury?

They need to get Tannon Snow going, as she as struggled. She is in the middle of that lineup, and they need her to produce.

Swindle tossing a shutout was totally surprising, as she is not that kind of thrower.

Losing Taylon will hurt their middle infield defense, as she has been great lately.

Archived