Christian Trump loyalists undermine Christianity's witness to the culture

52 minutes ago, alexava said:

It is ironic you mention forcing men to be financially responsible for children and also claim we have too many people incarcerated. Being put in jail is the best reason I could possibly think of to force men to take care of their responsibility and even that don’t work. Take a look into county jails and see how many men are in for delinquency, then find the baby moma. She’ll tell you she still doesn’t get paid off in the end. Then these fine outstanding men get out (because they are “ nonviolent “) and ruin another woman’s life before he gets a job. I’ve heard these bastards brag about how many kids they have. 

So there is no way to force men to be responsible. As your articulate men are responsible for 100% of pregnancies. But women are on the hook from the moment of ejaculation on. They must have more options. Consequences are not enough to deter human nature. So you want to eliminate the Court System? Strange thinking there.

Man, this is getting really tiring. I never said one word about jail time. Garnish the checks, stop them from getting driver's licenses, stop Pell Grants, seize tax refunds, etc, there are plenty of options. Jail time could be part of the solution later on. They cant pay support if they are in jail. Also, make the support really hurt. Make it higher than it is now.

What do you propose to do then? Just let it rock on as it is now? If the man doesnt get her pregnant, then nothing bad happens. But you have to get society to change their behaviors. We need and want them moving away from Vaginal Intercourse. There are many just as satisfying options available. 

I have seen some men work construction and get paid under the table to avoid child support. They havent filed taxes in decades. One fellow owed $30K in child support and yet the courts allowed him to get his inheritance check for $40K when his momma passed. We can certainly do better.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

What do you propose to do then? Just let it rock on as it is now? If the man doesnt get her pregnant, then nothing bad happens. But you have to get society to change their behaviors. We need and want them moving away from Vaginal Intercourse. There are many just as satisfying options available. 

So society has to stop doing what we as humans are programmed to do?  Good luck with that.  The best and most consistent option has been sex education.  Teach people.  Have open conversations.  Our society needs to stop acting like sex is a terrible thing and instead embrace the facts that people like to get down and dirty, there's nothing wrong with it, and we can do it in a healthy manner.

Also, as many satisfying options as vaginal intercourse?  You serious Clark?

10 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

So society has to stop doing what we as humans are programmed to do?  Good luck with that.  The best and most consistent option has been sex education.  Teach people.  Have open conversations.  Our society needs to stop acting like sex is a terrible thing and instead embrace the facts that people like to get down and dirty, there's nothing wrong with it, and we can do it in a healthy manner.

Also, as many satisfying options as vaginal intercourse?  You serious Clark? OH.HELL.YES...The best sex organ ever made is between your ears (brain).

Again, this is too funny. And i suspect I have tapped into a nerve with some of you. Sex is absolutely natural and wonderful etc. We are certainly programmed for it, no doubt. There are whole other sides to sex to be explored tho. Like I said, Do we need a Sex Ed Course here? Vaginal Intercourse is not the only option. ACDC School for the Sexually Adventurous. Just for starters....

4 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Again, this is too funny. And i suspect I have tapped into a nerve with some of you. Sex is absolutely natural and wonderful etc. We are certainly programmed for it, no doubt. There are whole other sides to sex to be explored tho. Like I said, Do we need a Sex Ed Course here? Vaginal Intercourse is not the only option. ACDC School for the Sexually Adventurous. Just for starters....

Not the only option is correct.  Are there others that are "just as satisfying"?  Uh, nope.  I've done a decent amount of exploring and sorry, but nothing comes close to the experience of togetherness you feel with someone through traditional sexual means.  The brain adds to kink and fantasy, which are all great.  It doesn't allow for touch, which is essential.

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Not the only option is correct.  Are there others that are "just as satisfying"?  Uh, nope.  I've done a decent amount of exploring and sorry, but nothing comes close to the experience of togetherness you feel with someone through traditional sexual means.  The brain adds to kink and fantasy, which are all great.  It doesn't allow for touch, which is essential.

Then essentially you think nothing needs to happen and we cant make anything any better. Sad.

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

Then essentially you think nothing needs to happen and we cant make anything any better. Sad.

What's sad is your inability to read.  It's a big reason why I usually stray from engaging with you, as you rarely hold honest conversation.

I absolutely think things need to happen.  I laid those out in an earlier post, which was a direct response to you.  Go back and read again.

But if your contention is that we should try and convince people that alternative methods of sex are just as good as traditional intercourse, then you're sadly mistaken to the realities of sex and human behavior.  

5 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Man, this is getting really tiring. I never said one word about jail time. Garnish the checks, stop them from getting driver's licenses, stop Pell Grants, seize tax refunds, etc, there are plenty of options. Jail time could be part of the solution later on. They cant pay support if they are in jail. Also, make the support really hurt. Make it higher than it is now.

I have seen some men work construction and get paid under the table to avoid child support. They havent filed taxes in decades. One fellow owed $30K in child support and yet the courts allowed him to get his inheritance check for $40K when his momma passed. We can certainly do better.

“ They can’t pay if they are in jail” that’s effing bull****. You’d be surprised how many grandparents come up with the cash to bail the Sorry bastards out. And keep doing it until they can’t anymore. They won’t pay if they are not in jail either. It’s not like they want to be responsible and can’t. Most I mean the vast majority don’t care.  That is the only way some women get a dime. It’s basically a damn ransom. Your last paragraph is absolutely spot on. It’s the part of law where civil and criminal law intertwine. It’s virtually impossible to make a man pay if he don’t work and many don’t. So jail, very long periods of jail is the only option. There are several construction workers on work release and only in jail till their back support is paid off or renegotiated.  So yes I believe we just rock on like we do now. And that means letting women have the choice to hit the reset button if they so choose. I think there were 6000 or so abortions in Alabama last year. That’s more pressure on already crowded courts. More pressure on grandparents and great grandparents raising kids their children are too irresponsible to raise. (We are not just talking about teenagers) . 

I’m reminded of the Tennessee judge who proposed having drug abusers sterilized to get released a month sooner. The best damn idea I’ve ever heard and I think I’m the only person on this board to like it. Because I like what works. When nothing else works  I don’t mind locking a Sorry mf up. 

On 5/18/2019 at 7:15 PM, homersapien said:

I think I covered that.

But the harm to "society" is a little fuzzy.  Do you have a hypothetical as an example?

Gradually the unthinkable becomes tolerable, then accepted, then legal, then praised. That is where we are in America today.

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

What's sad is your inability to read.  It's a big reason why I usually stray from engaging with you, as you rarely hold honest conversation.

I absolutely think things need to happen.  I laid those out in an earlier post, which was a direct response to you.  Go back and read again.

But if your contention is that we should try and convince people that alternative methods of sex are just as good as traditional intercourse, then you're sadly mistaken to the realities of sex and human behavior.  

So in other words...Do Nothing...We have been teaching sex education for almost 4 decades. Anyone happy where we are? That is an obvious no! Other posters here said the same thing. More Sex Education? Is that all you got? Really? In case you havent noticed, no one is listening, no one cares. Why should they? They have no reason to listen. I asked to put some policy behind making it more costly to just keep failing.

There is a huge difference in teaching people to "Know what to do" and getting people motivated to actually "DO SOMETHING."

I said: "Let's make the outcomes more costly, so as to change the behaviors."
You say: "No, let's just keep doing what's failing." 

I gave alternatives to the status quo. "Let's try to change the sexual practices even a small bit. Lets try and shift the behaviors."  

Yea...Just keep doing the same failing thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over getting the same results. Please dont try anything new at all. Lets just keep saying and doing the same things we have said and done for around 4 decades, it will all get better THIS TIME...Right. <bfer>

Let's just keep having dead beat SDs and lets just let them keep getting women pregnant. It's only the kids that get hurt in all this, and NO ONE cares about them anyway.

2 hours ago, alexava said:

“ They can’t pay if they are in jail” that’s effing bull****. You’d be surprised how many grandparents come up with the cash to bail the Sorry bastards out. And keep doing it until they can’t anymore. They won’t pay if they are not in jail either. It’s not like they want to be responsible and can’t. Most I mean the vast majority don’t care.  That is the only way some women get a dime. It’s basically a damn ransom. Your last paragraph is absolutely spot on. It’s the part of law where civil and criminal law intertwine. It’s virtually impossible to make a man pay if he don’t work and many don’t. So jail, very long periods of jail is the only option. There are several construction workers on work release and only in jail till their back support is paid off or renegotiated.  So yes I believe we just rock on like we do now. And that means letting women have the choice to hit the reset button if they so choose. I think there were 6000 or so abortions in Alabama last year. That’s more pressure on already crowded courts. More pressure on grandparents and great grandparents raising kids their children are too irresponsible to raise. (We are not just talking about teenagers) . 

I’m reminded of the Tennessee judge who proposed having drug abusers sterilized to get released a month sooner. The best damn idea I’ve ever heard and I think I’m the only person on this board to like it. Because I like what works. When nothing else works  I don’t mind locking a Sorry mf up. 

I really, deep down like the entire post. Seriously. I want to put some asses in jail. I have called the law myself and had to help a friend out a time or two myself.

My best friend for most of the time I have been on this board, a highly decorated, wounded in combat, Navy Seal, well...he is a SD too. We did not know until the Wisconsin DHR came looking for him. He owed $30-40K and had cheated his kids out of everything. Drove a truck and got paid under the table. As soon as I found out I got him to go make peace with his kids and for about 18 months he was acting like the man i thought he was. He then went right back to being the SD he always was. We havent spoken since. 

25 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

So in other words...Do Nothing...We have been teaching sex education for almost 4 decades. Anyone happy where we are? That is an obvious no! Other posters here said the same thing. More Sex Education? Is that all you got? Really? In case you havent noticed, no one is listening, no one cares. Why should they? They have no reason to listen. I asked to put some policy behind making it more costly to just keep failing.

There is a huge difference in teaching people to "Know what to do" and getting people motivated to actually "DO SOMETHING."

I said: "Let's make the outcomes more costly, so as to change the behaviors."

I gave alternatives to the status quo. "Let's try to change the sexual practices even a small bit. Lets try and shift the behaviors."  

Yea...Just keep doing the same failing thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over getting the same results. Please dont try anything new at all. Lets just keep saying and doing the same things we have said and done for around 4 decades, it will all get better THIS TIME...Right. <bfer>

Let's just keep having dead beat SDs and lets just let them keep getting women pregnant. It's only the kids that get hurt in all this, and NO ONE cares about them anyway.

Dude, my dad WAS one of those dead beat guys.  Wage garnishments didn't work.  He just changed jobs every few months and then the legal process started over.  Sending him to jail would have had zero impact and only harmed my mom more.

And yes, education does work.  Teen pregnancy is near an all time low and is continuing to drop.  This from the CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/teenpregnancy/about/index.htm

In fact, from 1990 - 2016, teen pregnancy rates dropped by about two-thirds in the U.S.

So yes, these results tell me that more education would be welcome based on actual data and success rates.  Seems like some people are actually listening, even though you would like to suggest otherwise.  Keep living in an emotional world.  I live in one based on facts.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Dude, my dad WAS one of those dead beat guys.  Wage garnishments didn't work.  He just changed jobs every few months and then the legal process started over.  Sending him to jail would have had zero impact and only harmed my mom more.

And yes, education does work.  Teen pregnancy is near an all time low and is continuing to drop.  This from the CDC:

In fact, from 1990 - 2016, teen pregnancy rates dropped by about two-thirds in the U.S.

So yes, these results tell me that more education would be welcome based on actual data and success rates.  Seems like some people are actually listening, even though you would like to suggest otherwise.  Keep living in an emotional world.  I live in one based on facts.

And overall birth rates are down all over the US and Europe. All maturing cultures do this. See any economist anywhere. Maybe those alternatives to Vag Intercourse are working too... ;-) I am sorry to hear that about your Dad tho. I know you read my PM. I have a lot of emotion bottled up in this as well. Seeing kids crapped on does it to me. When a young lady grows up not getting to spend time with her dad, it leaves a huge hole in her soul. She often ends up seeking attention from other men. Boys are the same way. They end up being raised wondering where's Dad? Mom's do the best they can, but it never is enough. Girl's need to be Princesses, and Boys need to know their Dads. 

On 5/20/2019 at 5:42 PM, PUB78 said:

Gradually the unthinkable becomes tolerable, then accepted, then legal, then praised. That is where we are in America today.

The "unthinkable" has existed for thousands of years, so it's not really unthinkable in fact.

Nothing new under the sun.

Archived