Malzahn reacts to analyst Michael Lombardi

aubiefifty

5 hours ago, Tiger said:

I've seen how these athletes take in message board stuff up close and you're giving us wayyy too much credit when it comes to affecting the players. As far as family members go I'd say you may have a point but that wasn't the original point I was commenting on. 

Couple points you are missing.....we have at least one player's mother on this site regularly …..though not lately so I guess it's possible that she got tired of the bashing comments about Gus.....considering that she and her son chose AU and Gus from a number of other options..  

Further, the players are at AU because this is where they want to be and likely there is a family atmosphere such that this constant criticism is hurtful.....kind of like if every day you picked up the newspaper and saw something about how stupid your father is.....and by extension, saying  to the world the players are making a bad  mistake when they come to Auburn.   

Like it our not, most years AU has anywhere from 4th to 6th most talented team in the SEC and yet know-nothings on this site constantly rave on about AU having superior talent and complaining about outcome of games against more talented teams.    In the years that Gus has been here I can not recall an instant where his team quit on him....no matter who they are playing or what the game circumstances.   

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Know-nothings on this site constantly rave on about AU having superior talent and complaining about outcome of games against more talented teams.    

Know nothings? Putting aside how much you're missing the mark on *that*, the bigger problem with your post is that you somehow *still* misrepresent the nature of the criticisms. It's not *that* Gus loses to more talented teams. It's *how*. Oh and he sometimes loses to less talented teams, too. (Tennessee didn't have a single guy drafted. What's that do for your theory?)

Again, you misrepresent opposing viewpoints and perpetuate the conversation you say you'd rather not have.

The lions share of the nastiness and negativity isn't coming from Gus's critics in this thread.

54 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

You're still missing it.  Nobody was expecting anything different in this thread or 5000 other threads. The subject matter of the thread has no bearing on it. Gus bashing goes on everywhere non stop. And THAT is the problem. THAT is the point. Not hard to grasp really. All the whining and bitching about Gus is very repetitive and useless. No one has said anything new in the hate posts in at least 2-3 years. It's the same posters with the same old complaining.

Don't you people ever get tired of being so nasty all the time? 

Just to be clear, you took the following to be “Gus bashing”

Everyone here SHOULD want what’s best for Auburn. In the end, it’s really just deciding what your personal breaking point is with Gus. Some folks weren’t on board to begin with and are still standing on shore. Some folks have seen enough and have pulled the ripcord. Some haven’t reached that breaking point yet and are still bailing water. Everyone is trying to argue the “other side” back. It doesn’t mean one sideloves Auburn more than the other side. 

“Gus bashing”. Yeah...okay. I am probably the most middle of the road, fence rider on this site. 

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Just to be clear, you took the following to be “Gus bashing”

Everyone here SHOULD want what’s best for Auburn. In the end, it’s really just deciding what your personal breaking point is with Gus. Some folks weren’t on board to begin with and are still standing on shore. Some folks have seen enough and have pulled the ripcord. Some haven’t reached that breaking point yet and are still bailing water. Everyone is trying to argue the “other side” back. It doesn’t mean one sideloves Auburn more than the other side. 

“Gus bashing”. Yeah...okay. I am probably the most middle of the road, fence rider on this site. 

No I did not. 

I said you MISSED THE POINT. And you still are. Good Grief.

I don't care where anyone stands on Gus. That is NOT THE ISSUE. 

What many posters here don't like ....IN PLAIN ENGLISH......is how the haters have taken over this site and how they bash Gus in every forum, and on the majority of threads. They like to bully people who aren't hard core Gus haters. It's not their position on Gus......it's how they don't ever shut up about it. 

After years of it.....enough is enough. 

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Like it our not, most years AU has anywhere from 4th to 6th most talented team in the SEC and yet know-nothings on this site constantly rave on about AU having superior talent and complaining about outcome of games against more talented teams.    

Fans with this mindset are one of the main reasons we will continue to be a 8-5 program most years You do not demand excellence. When we have arguments about our place in college fball  history you always argue how Auburn is a mediocre program for the most part and you see no reason to think that will ever change. YAH NOT WITH THAT ATTITUDE!!!! You seem content to be in football purgatory. You accept our place in college football. Auburn has been a top 12 program all time WITHOUT any transcendent coach (Shug and Dye were close). We basically have stumbled our way on to great seasons by accident with basically mediocre and average coaches outside of Shug and Dye! NOW JUST THINK IF WE FINALLY get lucky and get a great coach. Auburn is a sleeping giant. We are built to be a sustainable elite program. The 1 missing piece is the great coach. And yes that is the hardest part to get.

I guess I should not blame you. That is the message that the BOT and the President has given us fans. EVERY SEC TEAM has had a major renovation and or stadium upgrade since we last have done ours. Our solution is to put up a totally out of place Video Board. That is all AU seems to want to do. SMH. Just band aids. Our beloved Jordan Hare deserves better than this. It is a beautiful stadium. Just old and needs some upgrades. That they are just fine with being a good program with a great year every few years and not taking that logical next step which would be a natural progression like Clemson did. We recruit in the top 10 every year and the years we do not we are right outside. Should we not expect top 10 results each year? We are paying a coach top 5 salary in the country. Should we not expect top 5 results? I know I do. I will not be happy or satisfied until that happens on a consistent basis. I am done with mediocrity at AU. I AM NOT GIVING UP HOPE THOUGH!!! I have faith it will happen. WOOOOO!!!!! LETS GOOO!!! WAR DAMN EAGLE BABY!!!!!! 

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU ALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!! (well most of yall!!! lol) HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND BAAAAAAAAY BAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

No I did not. 

I said you MISSED THE POINT. And you still are. Good Grief.

I don't care where anyone stands on Gus. That is NOT THE ISSUE. 

What many posters here don't like ....IN PLAIN ENGLISH......is how the haters have taken over this site and how they bash Gus in every forum, and on the majority of threads. They like to bully people who aren't hard core Gus haters. It's not their position on Gus......it's how they don't ever shut up about it. 

👍🏼

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

11 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Know nothings? Putting aside how much you're missing the mark on *that*, the bigger problem with your post is that you somehow *still* misrepresent the nature of the criticisms. It's not *that* Gus loses to more talented teams. It's *how*. Oh and he sometimes loses to less talented teams, too. (Tennessee didn't have a single guy drafted. What's that do for your theory?)

Again, you misrepresent opposing viewpoints and perpetuate the conversation you say you'd rather not have.

The lions share of the nastiness and negativity isn't coming from Gus's critics in this thread.

Plus, we have been losing to these SEC teams (GA, LSU, MSU, etc) in years that we DID out recruit them. 

As McL said, its NOT that we are losing to those SEC teams (and a good bowl team) it's HOW we are losing to those teams, that keep us from having those type of years that would keep the Gus bashers (those that want Auburn to compete for Championships, and not those that simply don't like Gus being hired or like him at all).

His offenses, his QB decisions, his decision making in game...are just so inconsistent, and at times head scratching, that those are the issues that we hoped that would be eliminated by his 6th year. We will see once again another change in how Gus runs the offense this year, so we get to evaluate AGAIN how we play in those SEC games that are crucial to us competing for the West and the SECC....

43 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Plus, we have been losing to these SEC teams (GA, LSU, MSU, etc) in years that we DID out recruit them. 

As McL said, its NOT that we are losing to those SEC teams (and a good bowl team) it's HOW we are losing to those teams, that keep us from having those type of years that would keep the Gus bashers (those that want Auburn to compete for Championships, and not those that simply don't like Gus being hired or like him at all).

His offenses, his QB decisions, his decision making in game...are just so inconsistent, and at times head scratching, that those are the issues that we hoped that would be eliminated by his 6th year. We will see once again another change in how Gus runs the offense this year, so we get to evaluate AGAIN how we play in those SEC games that are crucial to us competing for the West and the SECC....

Perfectly stated.

11 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Strangely, I can agree with that statement, but not in the context you stated it.;D

13 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lol nasty?! I have yet to see anyone be nasty yet. Negative absolutely. But nasty? All of the Gus haters including myself are generally some of the more upbeat, energetic and positive people on this sub for the most part. But we all have our dark places and Gus takes us there. Bruce is the light though and where we get our shine and smile from. Even me probaly regarded as the biggest Gus hater can readily admit Gus has some really great qualities. HE IS a great man. No one has run a cleaner program at Auburn than he has. The players really seem to love him and he is a players coach for sure. He has never lost the team. The team has never quit on him. Speaks to how good of a motivator he is. He is a really good recruiter and some of our best classes have been under his tenure. 

Not gonna lie I relish in the negativity. It is fun. I enjoy the back and forth even just reading of the Gus fans and detractors. It is more fun than just all positive posts. Positivity is boring. Negativity makes me want to go get some popcorn and read all the pages of comments in one setting! Lol. It really is not that serious. It fact it is extremely entertaining. IDK why it is annoying for people. It passes the time by here in the offseason.  It is our own version of a soap opera. WOOOOOO!!!!!!

ok you are negative instead of nasty. but are you good looking?

36 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

ok you are negative instead of nasty. but are you good looking?

GOONIES NEVER SAY DIE FIFTY!!!!!!!!!!!

goon.jpg

On 5/10/2019 at 7:55 AM, James Howell said:

I would like to add I think his OCs hires are bad.  He gets coaches with very little to no OC experience at a school in a power 5 conference because he does not want anybody to show him up as far as play calling or implementing a sound scheme.  He had a chance to hire a solid OC by interviewing 5 or 6 very qualified ocs but I believed he undermined that so he could hire lindsey.

I think CGM is too emotionally attracted to how he was given a chance as a high school coach and wants to help others come up the same way. The was his downfall with Lashlee and the provious OC. I think Dilly is a good choice this go round. New season, new hopes! War Eagle

14 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

I think CGM is too emotionally attracted to how he was given a chance as a high school coach and wants to help others come up the same way. The was his downfall with Lashlee and the provious OC. I think Dilly is a good choice this go round. New season, new hopes! War Eagle

Les Miles also wanted Lindsay so he must be doing something right!

46 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

So if you were an HC,  dillingham with 1 year experience as OC would have been you absolute first choice of an OC or at least the first choice that didnt carry NCAA baggage.

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

Depends on one's criteria for hiring an OC. 

I have no clue how good Dillingham will be working with GM...and making our QBs and our offense better. He is very young and inexperienced as he has only 1 year as OC, and still is not the primary offensive play caller on a team....

Does he give good suggestions to Malzahn? Will he be allowed to call some plays that Gus will use, and makes us a better offense for it?  Does he know how to develop a QB, which has part of our QB problem for most of Gus's years here?

We know NOTHING. Other than he is energetic and a go getter. 

So is he a good choice? How can any of us say that until this year is up and we see the results.....

15 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Guess what? Your post is repetitive. Everybody knows. Everybody gets it. Everybody got it years ago. 

And no.....the nastiness and negativity is coming from the Gus haters, and has been for a long time. You just don't like being called out on it.....and have no consideration for other posters. 

Those of us who just wanted to enjoy the Final Four run did not start bashing Gus in the basketball forum. There was absolutely no reason to start it there at that time. It's those who hate Gus who find a way to insert their negativity into everything. it's very revealing that you don't see that constant bashing as nastiness. 

Those of you who wish to continue non-stop Gus hate should maybe start your own thread for that purpose. 

2 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Guess what? Your post is repetitive. Everybody knows. Everybody gets it. Everybody got it years ago. 

And no.....the nastiness and negativity is coming from the Gus haters, and has been for a long time. You just don't like being called out on it.....and have no consideration for other posters. 

Those of us who just wanted to enjoy the Final Four run did not start bashing Gus in the basketball forum. There was absolutely no reason to start it there at that time. It's those who hate Gus who find a way to insert their negativity into everything. it's very revealing that you don't see that constant bashing as nastiness. 

Those of you who wish to continue non-stop Gus hate should maybe start your own thread for that purpose. 

I’m with you all the way here, but I’ve had this fight before and it can’t be won! Haters gonna hate, sadly!

24 minutes ago, toddc said:

I’m with you all the way here, but I’ve had this fight before and it can’t be won! Haters gonna hate, sadly!

cm.gif

2 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

@AUBwins I think we have found Lacey Evans biggest fan!!! hahahaha. I have never seen someone else love the word NASTY as much as Belle does besides Lacey! lol

le.jpg

lacey.jpg

58 minutes ago, toddc said:

Yep. Haters are hating up in heah.

Archived