Malzahn reacts to analyst Michael Lombardi

aubiefifty

6 hours ago, James Howell said:

So if you were an HC,  dillingham with 1 year experience as OC would have been you absolute first choice of an OC or at least the first choice that didnt carry NCAA baggage.

Not my call. Not a head coach nor ever will be. This why I said "I think"

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Dude. Literally one of my all time favorite movies. 

8EF65DE5-F211-49C1-B31D-0F296DD6707B.gif

HECK YES REFUGE!!!! A all time classic! You def gave me a excuse to watch it again soon! lol HEY YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYS!!!!!!!!!!

On 5/10/2019 at 8:48 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Not gonna lie I relish in the negativity.

This man said he relishes in negativity and some of y'all cosigning this lol. Can't make this stuff up.

2 hours ago, DAG said:

This man said he relishes in negativity and some of y'all cosigning this lol. Can't make this stuff up.

I cosign the fact that he knows who he is, is unabashed, and is light-hearted through all of it.

I think of myself more of a realist with an optimistic lean.  I want and hope for the best, can see a path to winning and sustained success, but I've danced with that girl before. It's the whole can't get out of your own way kind of problem. 

17 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

@AUBwins I think we have found Lacey Evans biggest fan!!! hahahaha. I have never seen someone else love the word NASTY as much as Belle does besides Lacey! lol

le.jpg

lacey.jpg

I can see the correlation, and I mean that as a compliment. 

As far as biggest fan,  I am becoming a big fan of hers myself.  Can't wait until MITB between 2 if my favorites. But we have a thread for that 😉

57 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I cosign the fact that he knows who he is, is unabashed, and is light-hearted through all of it.

I think of myself more of a realist with an optimistic lean.  I want and hope for the best, can see a path to winning and sustained success, but I've danced with that girl before. It's the whole can't get out of your own way kind of problem. 

LOL, so you are cosigning his negativity, which is fine. Whether he knows who he is or not is neither here nor there. Although in my observation he says he is mostly upbeat and positive but relishes in negativity. I think it is interesting what posters tend to shrug at and what posters tend to refute. Just my 02 cents. I enjoy all the personalities on here, and I can honestly say I have had sharp disagreements & agreements with most of the known personalities on this forum. It is suitable for the forum and discussions and debate are great for the forum, which is why I don't understand the need to ignore individual posters. With that being said, I wish @cole256 would post more. He is legitimately the only poster I genuinely know who you cannot truly gauge where his opinion will be on the matter and it is usually content filled with wisdom, albeit to the point.

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

LOL, so you are cosigning his negativity, which is fine. 

Not at all. I can agree with aspects without condoning the entire message. That doesn't cosign negativity. Just like agreeing with aspects of abw0004 doesn't make me an eternal optimist.

I agree about Cole.

22 hours ago, toddc said:

Les Miles also wanted Lindsay so he must be doing something right!

i guess watching troy the next couple of years will tell the tale.

25 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Not at all. I can agree with aspects without condoning the entire message. That doesn't cosign negativity. Just like agreeing with aspects of abw0004 doesn't make me an eternal optimist.

I agree about Cole.

Yes but @abw0004 understands there is a time and a place for it. This coming from someone who had serious disagreements with the guy but has learned to handle his positions. He is just not looking to be a contradictory poster for the sake of it. Most of the time he makes his own positive thread . When I feel like like being negative I definitely don’t go into that thread.I think that is the point  @Tigerbelle was trying to make. I don’t think anyone wants to censor opinions , but I do think thread topics turn into a big mess at times. Like I don’t understand how anyone can be upset with Gus’s response to this Lombardi guy. Now, if you are upset with the inconsistency of his messages before each season , that is fair, and I would agree. However, this thread had nothing to do with that.

4 hours ago, DAG said:

wc.gif

lw.gif

err.gif

ws.gif

rog.gif

will.gif

23 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Depends on one's criteria for hiring an OC. 

I have no clue how good Dillingham will be working with GM...and making our QBs and our offense better. He is very young and inexperienced as he has only 1 year as OC, and still is not the primary offensive play caller on a team....

Does he give good suggestions to Malzahn? Will he be allowed to call some plays that Gus will use, and makes us a better offense for it?  Does he know how to develop a QB, which has part of our QB problem for most of Gus's years here?

We know NOTHING. Other than he is energetic and a go getter. 

So is he a good choice? How can any of us say that until this year is up and we see the results.....

Exactly, Dillingham does not have a tract record for how well he will work with gus, or advice he will give gus.  Therefore I am saying if you go with someone who has say 4 or 5 years as OC experience at a school in a power 5 conference will have that tract record.  Does that mean that if you go with the experience guy that it will be a successful.  No it doesnt since all hires pose risk but the risk is reduced by hiring the experienced guy.  

When we hired Lindsey, we conducted an interview.  I dont remember who all we interviewed but I know at least 3 of them that possessed far greater experience than lindsey but in true Gus faction he sticks us Chip.

Big picture:  Auburn should not be a training ground for inexperience OCs and DCs.

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

I agree about Cole.

5 hours ago, DAG said:

Yes but @abw0004 understands there is a time and a place for it. This coming from someone who had serious disagreements with the guy but has learned to handle his positions. He is just not looking to be a contradictory poster for the sake of it. Most of the time he makes his own positive thread . When I feel like like being negative I definitely don’t go into that thread.I think that is the point  @Tigerbelle was trying to make. I don’t think anyone wants to censor opinions , but I do think thread topics turn into a big mess at times. Like I don’t understand how anyone can be upset with Gus’s response to this Lombardi guy. Now, if you are upset with the inconsistency of his messages before each season , that is fair, and I would agree. However, this thread had nothing to do with that.

Knew it. 

67EC0692-0166-4CCE-A972-EB5670D3DAF8.gif

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

wc.gif

lw.gif

err.gif

ws.gif

rog.gif

will.gif

You don’t like the Wedding Crashers do you? I always knew we were bros.

3 hours ago, beaumak said:

Great use of Gif's if I dont say so myself!

hahahahaah thanks fam!!!! It is the only thing I do well in here!!!! I got to stick to my 1 and only strength!!! lol WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GOOOOO!!!

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahahahaah thanks fam!!!! It is the only thing I do well in here!!!! I got to stick to my 1 and only strength!!! lol WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS GOOOOO!!!

You’re gold my book, bro. Some people take this stuff waaaaay to dang seriously at times, myself included. Keep up the strong GIF game, I’m still learning...

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

You’re gold my book, bro. Some people take this stuff waaaaay to dang seriously at times, myself included. Keep up the strong GIF game, I’m still learning...

I appreciate that!!!! You really the brodie for such kind words!! THANKS!!! Hahaha yah it is all fun and games 91% of the time for me. During the season in game threads it gets a little testy but that is pretty much it. But the offseason? Everyone mainly is relaxed and the threads loosen up and it is a lot more fun in here!! WOOO!!!!!  Man we are just trying to find a bridge to get us to fall camp once the fighting Bruce Pearls season is over. It is such a loooooooooooong wait. 

I look forward to see your burgeoning GIF game! I have liked what I have seen so far. MORE GIFs is always a recipe for success in my book!!! I WELCOME IT WHOLEHEARTEDLY!!!!

56 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Learning to Gif is as easy as riding a bike.  Don't worry, we will help you,  right @GwillMac6?

Bike-ride-learning-fail.gif

21 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Learning to Gif is as easy as riding a bike.  Don't worry, we will help you,  right @GwillMac6?

Bike-ride-learning-fail.gif

ge.gif

tra.gif

trt4t.gif

wewr.gif

9 hours ago, DAG said:

LOL, so you are cosigning his negativity, which is fine. Whether he knows who he is or not is neither here nor there. Although in my observation he says he is mostly upbeat and positive but relishes in negativity. I think it is interesting what posters tend to shrug at and what posters tend to refute. Just my 02 cents. I enjoy all the personalities on here, and I can honestly say I have had sharp disagreements & agreements with most of the known personalities on this forum. It is suitable for the forum and discussions and debate are great for the forum, which is why I don't understand the need to ignore individual posters. With that being said, I wish @cole256 would post more. He is legitimately the only poster I genuinely know who you cannot truly gauge where his opinion will be on the matter and it is usually content filled with wisdom, albeit to the point.

Sometimes I think people literally take it as an insult if you don't agree with them. IMO if somebody write you and explain to you why they disagree without attacking you personally it's fantastic. It's the foundation of a good forum.

Lately it's if you don't say what I want to hear I dislike you, I carry it for months hurt that anybody could actually not agree lol. I like talking sports, I like learning new things. I like introducing new perspectives. I like joking around. 

I like bringing people together, you'd be amazed the friendships I've help create between two people who don't like me. I imagine it's how Mikey and 64 started out. Argue with me I guarantee extra likes for a week! 

Seriously though taking little quips from a bunch of different perspectives is the way to go I think. Can't be scared to speak your heart, and if it's genuine the right people will appreciate you. I'm like you I'm not placing anybody on ignore, not even the people that said the most vile things. Let it out. Let's be transparent, show who you are! If we can disagree and still be cordial you have found somebody you can really enjoy communicating.

I'm super cool with some people on here that I have disagreed with. I'm sure me and you probably have had exchanges. I would say we're cool. Jeff, bird, golf, loof (he may still be in his feelings right now) I had even got cool with corch, it really don't have to be a big deal at all to have a difference of opinion. I think right now the weakest tactic that most fall back on which actually keeps the cycle going is I disagree with you, so I get mad and run to a person I know who don't like you and pile on for help. That keeps feelings going for a while and creates super teams.....take the Gus fantastic five for example.....I feel I may have formed the voltron of Gus sunshine. I'm not proud of it, it was by accident but it is what it is 😶

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

4C4F19C5-035A-48DC-9588-4952BF7B93CF.gif

rudy.gif

ross.gif

Archived