Bruce discusses future

aubiefifty

LSU may not be there for long. They decided to keep their coach who is a recruiting dynamo especially how he takes care of the recruits. That said the NCAA is really looking at the program they could come crashing down real quickly. KY will always be tough and the whole conference is getting better.  We have a great class coming in who will have to grow up fast.  Of the incoming players Okoro and Turbo are the key to how well we do in addition I expect a much better MAC this year as his confidence in his leg increased his production increased. Wiley is a question mark because of his injuries, Samir should be better this year than last because of his year playing here and Jvon should be better this year then last year based on the progress we saw from beginning of last season to end of the season. 

The real key next year with so many new players will be how quick they gel on the defensive side of the ball. Statistically Auburn's D was not always great last year but they caused turnovers that led to easy baskets and they seemed to have the ability in stretches to play really good D when they needed to. It is not only about playing good D it is playing Good D when you need to that matters. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/19/2019 at 1:04 AM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It’s confirmed now lol 

I meant officially. With the new rule, there's still the possibility that he could return, isn't there? Not that he's going to (I know he's gone), just that he could.

On 5/19/2019 at 8:59 AM, twilli13 said:

I hear ya but I thought the word was he wasnt reclassifying now. 

I haven't heard that, but it wouldn't surprise me.

14 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I meant officially. With the new rule, there's still the possibility that he could return, isn't there? Not that he's going to (I know he's gone), just that he could.

I just mean that Sharife has already factored in Jared into his decision. He basically shot down those reclassifying rumors late last month I believe. I just don’t think he wants to go to college that badly rn. UK were the ones originally pushing for reclassifying and he turned that notion down w them too it would seem 

I hope the future still involves us FIRING AWAY AT WILL FROM THREEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! Maybe not this year since we do not have a team built for that since we will be low on snipers but hopefully in 2020. WAR DAMN!

On 5/19/2019 at 10:24 PM, cole256 said:

Right so Harper sort of had to learn as he got it but like you're seeing during this combine Harper is pretty gifted physically. Cooper not so much. The thing that makes Cooper pretty damn good is his handle. He can literally go either way with either hand and not have any problems at all, but he's not an elite athlete and he's small. For him to be what many of you think he'll have to get much better shooting the ball and he's going to have to rely on being able to change his tempo and speed to keep defenders off balance, that only works when you're a threat to shoot. 

He's not explosive, he'll need to play a Chris Paul type of game, he won't be a high scoring threat, until his shot gets better. Now none of us can really say how he'll adjust to longer stronger quicker guys guarding him, but the easiest and biggest jump on improvement that can be made is a guys jump shot so I have no doubt that will get better. But we'll see.

With this kind of analysis, how in the world did he get to be rated as a 5 star?

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

With this kind of analysis, how in the world did he get to be rated as a 5 star?

He is very skilled, he's just not a freak athlete. That's why I mentioned Chris Paul, he was a 5 star very skilled PG but not a high flyer finisher

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He is very skilled, he's just not a freak athlete. That's why I mentioned Chris Paul, he was a 5 star very skilled PG but not a high flyer finisher

I know Chris Paul by name only. I don't watch the NBA, and I really only keep up with Auburn in college basketball.

Just now, Rednilla said:

I know Chris Paul by name only. I don't watch the NBA, and I really only keep up with Auburn in college basketball.

Oh Chris Paul is one of the best PG last 10 years or so. All star. Plays for Houston now. Was a high rated recruit out of North Carolina I believe. Played for wake Forest. Is known for having a very nice handle and being a floor general. About 6 foot. You never saw him dunking on anybody or anything like that

On 5/21/2019 at 12:59 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

Wiley is a question mark because of his injuries

And his stone hands on offense.  Those stone hands were great on defense though lol. 

On 5/21/2019 at 1:59 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

LSU may not be there for long. They decided to keep their coach who is a recruiting dynamo especially how he takes care of the recruits. That said the NCAA is really looking at the program they could come crashing down real quickly. KY will always be tough and the whole conference is getting better.  We have a great class coming in who will have to grow up fast.  Of the incoming players Okoro and Turbo are the key to how well we do in addition I expect a much better MAC this year as his confidence in his leg increased his production increased. Wiley is a question mark because of his injuries, Samir should be better this year than last because of his year playing here and Jvon should be better this year then last year based on the progress we saw from beginning of last season to end of the season. 

The real key next year with so many new players will be how quick they gel on the defensive side of the ball. Statistically Auburn's D was not always great last year but they caused turnovers that led to easy baskets and they seemed to have the ability in stretches to play really good D when they needed to. It is not only about playing good D it is playing Good D when you need to that matters. 

I think at one point near the very end of the year I heard we were #1 nationally in steal percentage (percent of opponents possessions in which we got a steal). I dont always think we were the best fundamentally on d, but we always had pretty active hands. As the year progressed, man did we ever get aggressive with hands and turn up the heat on ball handlers. Also started crashing the boards big time. Once we went all in with that approach, we caught fire. I hope Pearl can get the new guys on board with it too, will make everything flow better. 

On 5/22/2019 at 8:28 PM, cole256 said:

Oh Chris Paul is one of the best PG last 10 years or so. All star. Plays for Houston now. Was a high rated recruit out of North Carolina I believe. Played for wake Forest. Is known for having a very nice handle and being a floor general. About 6 foot. You never saw him dunking on anybody or anything like that

If we had a CP3-type point guard I’d be pretty good with that, lol

Archived