Reason to get Excited for this Season

abw0004

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Rereading your post, I see where I might have heard other people saying things that you weren't saying. *Sincere* apologies if so.

It has been a popular refrain among certain Bus riders that Gus's critics actually think he called all the bad plays and his OCs called all the good ones. Which nobody has suggested to my knowledge. But that's not what you were referring to. Again, my apologies.

Well what doesn’t make sense is Auburn goes on a tear, Gus has relinquished control. When things are bad, Gus be meddling. lol 

When KJ runs against Georgia and we win, Lindsey yay!!

When KJ runs against Bama and we win but KJ gets hurt, herp derp Gus is at it again!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Corgis get excited, the Doc gets excited!

Related image

On 5/10/2019 at 7:01 PM, aujeff11 said:

Well what doesn’t make sense is Auburn goes on a tear, Gus has relinquished control. When things are bad, Gus be meddling. lol 

When KJ runs against Georgia and we win, Lindsey yay!!

When KJ runs against Bama and we win but KJ gets hurt, herp derp Gus is at it again!!

I have literally never heard anyone blame Gus for KJ getting hurt vs Bama...

Gus relying on a 40% KJ as RB1 vs UGA in the SEC championship is another story. 

Gus not having a backup RB ready to go for an OBVIOUSLY injured KJ is yet another story. 

But blaming Gus for KJ getting hurt vs Bama would be...misplaced at best.

4 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I have literally never heard anyone blame Gus for KJ getting hurt vs Bama.

Their favorite criticism about that year is Gus “running KJ into the ground.” 

lolololololol

6 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

But blaming Gus for KJ getting hurt vs Bama would be...misplaced at best.

Have been saying this for over a year now. 

21 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Have been saying this for over a year now. 

Well lets look at this logically...

Gus DID run KJ into the ground. KJ basically stated as much. 

Does that mean that Gus "hurt" KJ by "running him into the ground?" Not even close. What hurt KJ was one particular hit. #15 Ronnie Harrison with 3:12 on the clock in the 3rd QTR is what injured him. Not Gus "running him into the ground." The game was no where near over at that point so there would be no reason to pull KJ. That would be the only logical way to blame Gus for KJs injury. 

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Does that mean that Gus "hurt" KJ by "running him into the ground?"

That’s implied by being “run into the ground.”

Would you also say Tre Mason was “run into the ground?”

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

What hurt KJ was one particular hit. #15 Ronnie Harrison with 3:12 on the clock in the 3rd QTR is what injured him.

And fwiw, KJ stretching out and landing wrong is what hurt him. He said as much himself. 

Reasons:

1. It's Auburn football 

2. 80% of folks here are Auburn football sluts...the other 20% are lurking bamzos and pete thalmel wannabes/Malzahn trolls.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

That’s implied by being “run into the ground.”

Would you also say Tre Mason was “run into the ground?”

I guess if he says him laying out is what hurt him, i guess ill believe him, but everyone and their brother knew that KJ wouldnt be the same after taking that hit. 

And Tre Mason had a lot more carries than KJ, so i would say so. 

But im a fan of old school football. I remember Caddys 40 carry game. 

13 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I guess if he says him laying out is what hurt him, i guess ill believe him, but everyone and their brother knew that KJ wouldnt be the same after taking that hit. 

And Tre Mason had a lot more carries than KJ, so i would say so. 

But im a fan of old school football. I remember Caddys 40 carry game. 

Looked it up we are kinda both right 

Johnson finished the drive with a one-yard dive for the score but immediately went toward the temporary injury tent set up on the Auburn sideline for evaluation from team trainers.

“I just reached out. I made a mistake on my part. I reached out with the wrong arm trying to get that touchdown and just kind of got it hit and banged up,” Johnson said. “Just kind of didn't feel that great on that run, and I figured we kind of had the game in control, so no need to try to push it.”

As for being run into the ground, I usually think of that phrase as meaning being ruined or destroyed. Lot of carriers with high mileage could fit finely with that but there are others where it doesn’t fit. Kinda like pitchers- some can easily tolerate higher pitch counts than others.  Malzahn didn’t destroy KJ when he ran 32 times against Georgia. Against Bama it was unfortunate but you know running backs are going to get banged up. 

Here's one reason that recently arose to me; try rewatching the 2011 and 2012 teams. Auburn didnt even look like they belonged on the same field as good SEC teams. Their starters were bad and the depth was....Last year was shameful at times, but I'd like to think thats a down year for better things this season. I just dont want to believe we'll have a game like 2012 LSU where the difference was a first quarter safety. Where Sammie Coates was your #2 receiving option (I know he was up there during the 2013 season, but the passing game hardly existed then).

We got 30 4* or better receivers and at least 2 QBs who could be better than Kiehl Frazier (a guy I respect a ton)

Ill put some respect on Sammie's name, he was supposed to be the third or 4th option with Phillip (RIP) and Emory above him, but I think Phillip had several injuries weigh him down in the first half of the season 

Reasons to get excited for this season is because next season our oline may suck so let's enjoy this season while we can

On 5/10/2019 at 2:06 PM, bigbird said:

Reports out here are that Mond will be very good

on monday or Tuesday?  50/50 ??

Finebaum has us winning 10 games this year, I say we will win it all this year. I truly believe, if we stay healthy, we can break records and win it all. Our defense should be stifling and our offense will be fast and stealthy. Special teams will be as potent as we have ever seen at Auburn.

On 5/19/2019 at 5:31 PM, cole256 said:

Reasons to get excited for this season is because next season our oline may suck so let's enjoy this season while we can

Sad truth, but well said. 

Just sucks when Bo is ready to light it up (I predict Joey to get the start in 2019, have a special year and leave), he will be running for his life like Stidham this year. 

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Sad truth, but well said. 

Just sucks when Bo is ready to light it up (I predict Joey to get the start in 2019, have a special year and leave), he will be running for his life like Stidham this year. 

Do you mean leave as in Transfer?  Doesn't a player have to exhaust 3 years before they are draft eligible?

31 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Doesn't a player have to exhaust 3 years before they are draft eligible?

Yes.

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Do you mean leave as in Transfer?  Doesn't a player have to exhaust 3 years before they are draft eligible?

I guess since he has been committed to us so long, I thought he was here longer than that.  That's what I get for thinking ahead. I still think he has a special year. 

On 5/14/2019 at 9:02 PM, aucanucktiger said:

Reasons:

1. It's Auburn football 

2. 80% of folks here are Auburn football sluts...the other 20% are lurking bamzos and pete thalmel wannabes/Malzahn trolls.

This comment is so criminally underrated! I wish I could give you all 20 of my likes! lol. Well done.

On 5/24/2019 at 7:15 AM, Bottomfeeder said:

Finebaum has us winning 10 games this year, I say we will win it all this year. I truly believe, if we stay healthy, we can break records and win it all. Our defense should be stifling and our offense will be fast and stealthy. Special teams will be as potent as we have ever seen at Auburn.

Where in the world did you hear or see Finebaum having us win 10 games? Do you have an article or vid clip you can post? I was watching PF last week and Chip Patterson called in stating he thought Auburn would win 10 games and Paul almost laughed at the idea....made him go through the schedule and explain how in the world Auburn gets to 10 wins......so just curious if you have seen something i haven't? As for your hopes and thoughts on the upcoming season....I feel that we will have a special year as well. I ahve felt it for a while. And now, with the recent tragedies I think this season will take on a whole new meaning for these players....And regardless of the outcome, i know the coaches players, and staff will give everything they have in honor of our lost loved ones. WDE and RIP Rod and Paula

Who cares what ANYBODY says in terms of predictions?  The great Lee Corso said it best when he said, “that’s why they play the football game”.

I disregard any and all predictions.  I think we are going to have a very, very good football team.  While Gus can frustrate, he can also figure out how to win, when he’s got the talent.  Many coaches can’t do that.  That man knows how to run the football.  There’s nothing better than watching Auburn University on National TV on a crisp fall Saturday afternoon, rattling off 350 rushing yards against a top opponent   

4 hours ago, MaitlandTiger said:

Who cares what ANYBODY says in terms of predictions?  The great Lee Corso said it best when he said, “that’s why they play the football game”.

I disregard any and all predictions.  I think we are going to have a very, very good football team.  While Gus can frustrate, he can also figure out how to win, when he’s got the talent.  Many coaches can’t do that.  That man knows how to run the football.  There’s nothing better than watching Auburn University on National TV on a crisp fall Saturday afternoon, rattling off 350 rushing yards against a top opponent   

I agree about the predictions....I do care about sources and reliable information even if on a message board though. I agree with you on most of what you have to say.

Archived