Austin Troxell Torn ACL

Auburn Kev

3 hours ago, AURex said:

Um, because those are the guys who will sign with Auburn?

Waiting for 2020, because CGM has assured us that he's going to sign a huge, monumentally outstanding OL class.

Waiting.

If those are the guys you’re willing to take you might as well take some 1 stars from Europe 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Mikey said:

I already made a complete list for you when you asked for it some time ago. Go back and read that list.

Was that the one you listed the 2 long snappers and 4 walk-ons to inflate your numbers?

Just remember, guards and centers can't play tackle.

22 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Was that the one you listed the 2 long snappers and 4 walk-ons to inflate your numbers?

Well they can play it just may not be very good at it. Its a body you know that's all we need facing the likes of LSU, A&M, UGA, UF, OR, and Bammer def. ends/LB's

17 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Why do we recruit so many offensive linemen with medical problems? 

He was already committed to us before his knees blew out on him the 1st time. Would be a really bad look to pull an offer from a committed kid due to injury.

10 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well they can play it just may not be very good at it. Its a body you know that's all we need facing the likes of LSU, A&M, UGA, UF, OR, and Bammer def. ends/LB's

You're right, who needs ability. 

I’m not sure what everyone is worried about. All we have to do is move another D lineman over to the O line, and 2-3 years from now they will be ready to contribute. 

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

I hate it for Troxell. The next guy will step up. That's what happens when a team has adequate depth and we do have adequate depth.

Who is this next guy stepping up that you're referring to?  Sharpe? Ashley?  Those are the other (2) OTs Gus has signed since 2015.

19 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Who is this next guy stepping up that you're referring to?  Sharpe? Ashley?  Those are the other (2) OTs Gus has signed since 2015.

Ashley is gone... But we also have the other DTs in Jackson and Sammons.

Just now, bigbird said:

Ashley is gone...

We also have the other DTs in Jackson and Sammons.

Ashley was part of my point, thank you for clarifying though.  As to the DTs, I was only going by the players recruited to play OT.  I remember Tubs having some success moving DTs to OG but I can't remember anyone he successfully moved to OT.

13 hours ago, doc4aday said:

maybe we should just play 4 guards & a center. who knows... it might just qwork!😎

Calling CBP

Calling CBP

He'd know how to handle that!

2015: Tega, Carr and Sharp

2016: Sammons(DT)

2017: Ashley and Troxell

2018: ...

2019: ...

HS tackles, expected to play tackle,  signed the last 5 classes. 

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

2016: Sammons 

Tega was a HS DE and TE, no?

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

I hate it for Troxell. The next guy will step up. That's what happens when a team has adequate depth and we do have adequate depth.

Surely you can provide that guy's name and why you're confident he'll be a sufficient backup?

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Surely you can provide that guy's name and why you're confident he'll be a sufficient backup?

tenor.gif

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

He was already committed to us before his knees blew out on him the 1st time. Would be a really bad look to pull an offer from a committed kid due to injury.

I don’t think our ability to recruit OLinemen could be any worse 

On 5/10/2019 at 12:47 PM, aujeff11 said:

He’s got a pair of bad knees apparently. Every time he gets stronger he injures an ACL.

You are correct unfortunately. I was at the game when he got his second injury in high school. I remember thinking then that I hoped he wasn’t one of those who would be plagued throughout his career with injuries. Sadly, it has been the case.

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

2016: Sammons(DT)

There is absolutely no excuse for this.

16 hours ago, bigbird said:

No, the list I provided for you was scholarship players only. You already knew that because we've been over this before. So, why did you say the same thing again?

14 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I provided a list for you and your sidekick. Re-read it.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

No, the list I provided for you was scholarship players only. You already knew that because we've been over this before. So, why did you say the same thing again?

Then it should be very easy to tell/show the rest of the board who you think will step up.

Again, centers and guards can't play tackle.

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Then it should be very easy to tell/show the rest of the board who you think will step up.

That's silly. I'm not one of the Auburn coaches. They will know who can step up, I don't, which doesn't bother me. You don't ether, and that seems to bother you. I suggest that you call Coach Malzahn and pose your question to him.

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That's silly. I'm not one of the Auburn coaches. They will know who can step up, I don't, which doesn't bother me. You don't ether, and that seems to bother you. I suggest that you call Coach Malzahn and pose your question to him.

I'm asking you your opinion. Why would the coaches have that?

How about this, since your opinion is based on the coaches choice, will you at least tell us who is available and skilled enough to play back up tackle?

Just now, bigbird said:

I'm asking you your opinion. Why would the coaches have that?

My opinion is that the people who actually know something about the situation, the coaches, will handle it.

Just now, Mikey said:

My opinion is that the people who actually know something about the situation, the coaches, will handle it.

So you admit you don't know what your talking about. Got it. Thanks.

Archived