Austin Troxell Torn ACL

Auburn Kev

Just now, Mikey said:

Wait a minute! 

Okay, let me know when you're ready. Why even post if you're not ready though?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

You really suck on this thread, Mikey. Horribly. Now you're cherry picking quotes to make yourself look smarter. Good for you. 

The umass guy is a senior and a guard on our roster, very weak sauce. So, that leaves one 3 star tackle in two years. Still pathetic. 

7 hours ago, tiger88 said:

Thanks. I'm still digesting the fact that we haven't recruited an OT in two years. I quit following recruiting much a few years or more back, and I may have known that at some point, but wow. That statement is worth a thousand words.

Do you like your incorrect statement better when the entire thing is posted? The clipped version saved you a little embarrassment, but there's the whole thing.

Now, do the names Driscoll and Osborne ring a bell with you?  :)

5 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

The umass guy is a senior and a guard on our roster,

He was a junior eligibility-wise and played tackle last season at AU. He's penciled in as the starting tackle again for 2019.

7 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

The umass guy is a senior and a guard on our roster, very weak sauce.

If y’all are going to bully Mikey at least get the facts right. He is a tackle; his backup was Troxell I believe. 

17 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

The umass guy is a senior and a guard on our roster, very weak sauce. So, that leaves one 3 star tackle in two years. Still pathetic. 

Osborne is projected to play guard and was ranked as the 31st best Guard in his class.

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Osborne is projected to play guard.

And he's from UMass...

1 minute ago, dyehardfanAU said:

And he's from UMass...

They’re all from UMass.

3 minutes ago, dyehardfanAU said:

And he's from UMass...

No, Osborne is from IMG via my nephew's HS around Flower Mound, TX. 

11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

No, Osborne is from IMG via my nephew's HS around Flower Mound, TX

Thanks for the clearing up my confusion.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

They’re all from UMass.

my former mother in law was from Umass!

what is the criteria for an athlete to attend IMG Academy?

10 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

what is the criteria for an athlete to attend IMG Academy?

My guess is that the athlete, er, student has to have reasonable potential of getting a college scholarship and/or professional money playing their sport, and/or be able to afford it. 

I would guess that there are ways to get some kids in there with deferred tuition or scholarships. I would also guess that they're not going to turn down families who can afford to roll the dice on a kid who is more on the margins athletically. 

While I would guess that their academics are reasonably strong- they certainly wouldn't want their kids missing out on a scholarship due to academics- I would be surprised if their criteria for admissions were particularly stringent. 

On 5/10/2019 at 2:29 PM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I’d say this correct. 

bad knees kept me off of the pitcher's mound and small forward in HS.  I have had 5 different knee operations and am bucking for a knee replacement in the summer of 2020 once I get a better handle on my other health issue.. I feel for the young man and hope that maybe this will be the last surgery he will need and will have a great recovery regardless of football or not.

Offensive line issues a big deal for Tigers

There is little doubt in my mind that Auburn’s offensive line is going to be much better in 2019 than it was a season ago with the return of all five senior starters along with top reserves such as Bailey Sharp at tackle, Brodarious Hamm at guard and Nick Brahms at center. Having eight players to count on is a big deal for an offensive line going into a season.

The problem for the offensive line is looking down the road at 2020 and beyond. With tackle Austin Troxell out following his third knee injury in the last four years dating back to his junior season at Madison Academy that leaves Sharp, Prince Sammons and former defensive lineman Alec Jackson as the only scholarship offensive tackles on the roster behind Prince Tega Wanogho Jr. and Jack Driscoll for the 2019 season.

For 2020 things look much, much different. With Prince Tega, Driscoll and Sharp all seniors and Troxell coming back from knee surgery the Tigers will have as little returning experience at one of the key spots on the field as I can remember.

Having the transfer portal could be useful following the 2019 season to bring in an experienced player to compete for a starting spot, but it’s hard to count on that this far in advance. That means Auburn has to bring in a big class of tackles in the 2020 class, there is no way around it.

Auburn already has juco tackle Jonathan Buskey committed, but the Tigers will need a minimum of two more true tackles in the class and probably three and they’ll need a couple ready to compete right away for a starting job.

That’s a tough thing to count on as far as the offensive line is concerned. That means this summer and fall will be really important for a guy like Jackson. Having him on campus and in the offense with a chance to gain experience could be very big in 2020. The same could be true of Hamm. With his frame he’s worth a look at tackle with Auburn having more depth inside at the guard positions.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Talking-Auburn-footballs-offensive-line-issues-and-Auburn-softball-headed-to-NCAAs-131989055/

tenor.gif

Heard this last week, but was not worried because we have great numbers at offensive line according to Mikey.   It just seems that everyone is saying it is a problem but this one guy.  Why is everyone wrong?

7 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Heard this last week, but was not worried because we have great numbers at offensive line according to Mikey.   It just seems that everyone is saying it is a problem but this one guy.  Why is everyone wrong?

Maybe they should attend a remedial math class?

15 hours ago, Mikey said:

Do you like your incorrect statement better when the entire thing is posted? The clipped version saved you a little embarrassment, but there's the whole thing.

Now, do the names Driscoll and Osborne ring a bell with you?  :)

Yes, it's better because it contains the fact that I admitted I barely follow recruiting at all anymore. I peek when we have a big commit, and that's about it. It helps explain my lack of knowledge on the subject. Watching the games is plenty for me. I could probably name 4 or five of our OL off the top of my head and that's it. 

Afa, the embarrassment, big frickin whoopty do. I mouthed off about about AU's OL with some incorrect info and people made some jokes about it. I was nearly over it before it happened. 😊

On 5/10/2019 at 1:51 PM, Auctoritas said:

I think I have eligibility. So long as they let me have blowdarts full of tranquilizers to shoot at bullrushing DTs, put me in coach.

Edit: Ptoo! Ptoo! Ptoo! 

This gives me a sequel to AC Black Flag😁

6 hours ago, tiger88 said:

I peek when we have a big commit, and that's about it. It helps explain my lack of knowledge on the subject.

Savage! Hahaha. Explains a lot about our OL situation.

6 hours ago, tiger88 said:

Afa, the embarrassment, big frickin whoopty do. I mouthed off about about AU's OL with some incorrect info and people made some jokes about it. I was nearly over it before it happened.

NEVER SHOW WEAKNESS TO YOUR ENEMY, 88! NO SURRENDER! NO RETREAT! 

You're in the arena, gladiator. It's life or death in here. 

17 hours ago, bigbird said:

Offensive line issues a big deal for Tigers

There is little doubt in my mind that Auburn’s offensive line is going to be much better in 2019 than it was a season ago with the return of all five senior starters along with top reserves such as Bailey Sharp at tackle, Brodarious Hamm at guard and Nick Brahms at center. Having eight players to count on is a big deal for an offensive line going into a season.

The problem for the offensive line is looking down the road at 2020 and beyond. With tackle Austin Troxell out following his third knee injury in the last four years dating back to his junior season at Madison Academy that leaves Sharp, Prince Sammons and former defensive lineman Alec Jackson as the only scholarship offensive tackles on the roster behind Prince Tega Wanogho Jr. and Jack Driscoll for the 2019 season.

For 2020 things look much, much different. With Prince Tega, Driscoll and Sharp all seniors and Troxell coming back from knee surgery the Tigers will have as little returning experience at one of the key spots on the field as I can remember.

Having the transfer portal could be useful following the 2019 season to bring in an experienced player to compete for a starting spot, but it’s hard to count on that this far in advance. That means Auburn has to bring in a big class of tackles in the 2020 class, there is no way around it.

Auburn already has juco tackle Jonathan Buskey committed, but the Tigers will need a minimum of two more true tackles in the class and probably three and they’ll need a couple ready to compete right away for a starting job.

That’s a tough thing to count on as far as the offensive line is concerned. That means this summer and fall will be really important for a guy like Jackson. Having him on campus and in the offense with a chance to gain experience could be very big in 2020. The same could be true of Hamm. With his frame he’s worth a look at tackle with Auburn having more depth inside at the guard positions.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Talking-Auburn-footballs-offensive-line-issues-and-Auburn-softball-headed-to-NCAAs-131989055/

tenor.gif

Been a lot of chatter that Sammons was going to leave or give up football. Maybe Gus and Grimes have talked him into staying with all of the injuries?

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Been a lot of chatter that Sammons was going to leave or give up football. Maybe Gus and Grimes have talked him into staying with all of the injuries?

He's a fantastic student. Hopefully it wasn't hard for them to sell him on continuing to earn that scholarship. Of course, he may have other reasons- already earned his degree, just wants to change schools, can get an academic scholly, financially comfortable family, whatever. 

But at this point I think we know that he's not going to make an impact at Auburn. 

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He's a fantastic student. Hopefully it wasn't hard for them to sell him on continuing to earn that scholarship. Of course, he may have other reasons- already earned his degree, just wants to change schools, can get an academic scholly, financially comfortable family, whatever. 

But at this point I think we know that he's not going to make an impact at Auburn. 

Kid is pretty smart. He also knows this last part. Why he was going to leave and focus on his academics.

Archived