AU related G League combine news and notes.

GwillMac6

Harper will have a great shuttle time and amazing vertical. Long arms and big hands would really help him out. A good bench number to show he's strong and can play physical defense. 

Biggest thing that can possibly get him signed to a roster is taking a leadership role whenever he plays, keep turnovers down and assists up. Showing his range can really help too but showing his court vision is paramount. Secondary but what would also make him jump out if he gave 101% effort on defense. Stay in front of people and compete. I think he can do it

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

22 hours ago, bigbird said:

Spurs have 19, 29, and 49.  That 29th pick would be perfect fit for the Spurs and Chuma.  I can dream...

Dont know why......had you pegged as a Mavs fan.

4 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Dont know why......had you pegged as a Mavs fan.

Grew up in San Antonio. 

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

Grew up in San Antonio. 

Went to San Antonio to visit Eagles Nest Ministries in 1988.

8 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

You should have gone to Trinity University

Had a scholarship offer from them, but it was too close

20 minutes ago, bigbird said:

And Big Birds need room to spread their wings 🐥

37 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Smart move to get away. I visited their campus one time

On 5/13/2019 at 8:56 PM, bigbird said:

Spurs have 19, 29, and 49.  That 29th pick would be perfect fit for the Spurs and Chuma.  I can dream...

Spurs would know another Tim Duncan better than any.

That's who Chuma has reminded me of playing down low.

Smmooooottthhhhh.

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Coby has a sub 6’6 wingspan at 6’8?

Coby white measured 6-3 1/2. 

Anyway. Jared tied for the 3rd best vertical jump at 40.5 inches. We all knew he could fly though so no surprise. But the young buck is obviously turning heads with his skill and athleticism 

1 hour ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Anyway. Jared tied for the 3rd best vertical jump at 40.5 inches. We all knew he could fly though so no surprise. But the young buck is obviously turning heads with his skill and athleticism 

I thought Coby was like Magic height. Maybe I was thinking about Nasir little 

14 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t know why anyone would take Coby if he’s normal height and has no definitive offensive skill 

~6'5 in shoes as a PG is outstanding size at the position. He's also a bucket getter. There's a reason he's a projected lotto pick.

20 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t know why anyone would take Coby if he’s normal height and has no definitive offensive skill 

Because that's great height for a PG and he's probably the best shooter out of this PG class. He could play 2 guard easy. 

Sounds like you have him confused for somebody else

I was wanting Harper to do a little better in the agility drills but still pretty good.....Bone for Tennessee seems to be the elite athlete there now, he's killing it

22 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

So 5’11 Harper has a greater wing span than a point guard that is 6’3 1/2?

28 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Yep. By half an inch

That sounds abnormal to me. Does that not sound cray cray to you?

17 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

So 5’11 Harper has a greater wing span than a point guard that is 6’3 1/2?

He is longer than a bunch of tall guys, smaller guards that is known to be able to boom on somebody like Russell Westbrook? I bet if you look it up they have wingspans like 6'7" guys. Then tall guys that are freaks as far as finishing they have wing spans like 7 footers. 

This is why when we talked about defense I'd bring it up about chumma and pretty much any recruit we have coming in, like the 5 star guy. If he has long arms will more than likely determine if he can be similar to chumma defensively. You can have a 6'4 guy and still be ok defensively to a guy who is a couple of inches taller. 

A few posts up I mentioned before Harper was measured hopefully he'd have long arms because this makes up for height a little. Luckily it looks like he does. 

Archived