GwillMac6

Malik Willis to enter transfer portal

• Like 3

ByBRANDON MARCELLO 
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Auburn quarterback Malik Willis has entered his name into the NCAA transfer portal.

A source close to the backup quarterback tells Auburn Undercover he entered his name in the portal Thursday afternoon after informing the coaching staff at Auburn of his intentions to leave the program. Willis is a junior and was set to be the third-string quarterback after battling for the starting job in the spring. Bo Nix or Joey Gatewood, both freshmen, will compete for the starting job in August.

Not surprised, but I would've loved to have his speed on the field in some capacity or in a position change.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Not surprised, but I would've loved to have his speed on the field in some capacity or in a position change.

He never seemed fast to me. Joey G with a bunch more weight looks a lot faster than he does. Malik looked like a new born baby deer trying to walk with how he always would stumble when he would take off running. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 2

Best of luck to Willis.  I'm sure he'll find a place that can use him.

I just don't think he was going to crack that 2 deep rotation with Joey and Bo. 

• Like 1

Man, I really hope he isn't determined to be a QB until it's too late like JFIII was.  I wish he would be open to switching positions so he can have a successful NFL career.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Man, I really hope he isn't determined to be a QB until it's too late like JFIII was.  I wish he would be open to switching positions so he can have a successful NFL career.

You know JFIII is kind of in the NFL, right?

4 minutes ago, The Freak said:

After switching to WR. Now he's a DB. I wonder what his paychecks would look like if he'd switched to either a season or two earlier. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Let's keep in mind that this doesn't mean he's actually transferring. We *just* had a kid enter the portal only to stay.

Could be a scenario where he's making sure nobody wants him as a QB before he tries out another position with us.

Again, a great development in the NCAA rules. 

WE DID?! When was this? I must of still been in my Kyle Guy induced rage and did not notice. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

WE DID?! When was this? I must of still been in my Kyle Guy induced rage and did not notice. 

What the Fuqua?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Fuqua entered but then stayed. 

So between that name and the Guy whose name I will not fully say, you are forgiven!

Image result for sign the cross gif

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Yes on the Bears practice squad.  He went undrafted, signed, waived, a few months later signed to the practice squad and cut the same day.  He currently has a reserve contract.  Now if he made the switch earlier in his career he might actually be playing in the NFL.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I'm officially starting a petition to include "Kyle Guy" within the parameters of the profanity filter. Who's with me??????

• Love 1

Just now, Tiger said:

I'm officially starting a petition to include "Kyle Guy" within the parameters of the profanity filter. Who's with me??????

I second this motion and always would like to add no white dude who looks like he played high school ball at Autauga Academy with OJ Howard should have as cool of a name as Ty Jerome! That is just inconceivable.

• Haha 2

Our Qb room is likely to be the greenest in the conference and quite possibly the country. 1 guy with 1 pass attempt. 1 guy who should still be in HS. 1 guy who could be both of the freshman's father but has not taken a single snap since Nick Marshall was leading us.

Edited by Tiger
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Our Qb room is likely to be the greenest in the conference and quite possibly the country. 1 guy with 3 pass attempts. 1 guy who should still be in HS. 1 guy who could be both of the freshman's father but has not taken a single snap since Nick Marshall was leading us.

Wait, who has 3 pass attempts?  Joey, Cord and Boobee combined? With Cord and Boobee each having 1 more completion than Joey?

Image result for ducking gif

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Tiger said:

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I second this motion and always would like to add no white dude who looks like he played high school ball at Autauga Academy with OJ Howard should have as cool of a name as Ty Jerome! That is just inconceivable.

Image result for third gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Wait, who has 3 pass attempts?  Joey, Cord and Boobee combined? With Cord and Boobee each having 1 more completion than Joey?

Image result for ducking gif

Whoops you're right! I saw his rush attempts :slapfh: This somehow made my post even sadder LOL

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Whoops you're right! I saw his rush attempts :slapfh: This somehow made my post even sadder LOL

I'm excited about Joey, and will be about Bo one day, too. And I LOVE having Cord as a backup. But brother, you are spot on as usual. We are greeeeeeeeeeeeeen. 

• Thanks 1

I hope he finds a place he can get the playing time he deserves. I think Willis could start at a FCS or a Group of 5 school that is option oriented.

Willis will be a true Junior this fall, so he could redshirt if he needed to sit a year by transferring to a FBS school, or play immediately at a lower level.

34 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

After switching to WR. Now he's a DB. I wonder what his paychecks would look like if he'd switched to either a season or two earlier. 

Prolly not much better.

frank.0.gif

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Prolly not much better.

frank.0.gif

Deshaun Jackson and Saquon Barkley did the same thing. In the NFL. Shockingly common, actually.