Jeremy Johnson Post

AidiAU

They always say QBs receive too much praise and too much blame.  Jason Campbell’s mom finally quit sitting in the stands because of how people were talking about him, the coaches, or the offense with him at QB.

I recall a huge roar from the crowd when coaches finally benched Patrick Nix and brought in Dameyune Craig.

You could probably talk to any QB over the last 30 years and he would have stories to tell.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, dyehardfanAU said:

Sounds like he's in a bad head space.  I hate things didn't work out the way he expected them to, I think many can relate.

You wanna see bad head space, check out Tre Mason’s instagram. Sheesh! It’s pretty cringeworthy. Talk about losing it. 

Now that I actually read his post it doesn’t seem too surprising to me.

Scouts almost certainly were doing their job and asking/digging for the real story.  If that real story was that he couldn’t read defenses well, couldn’t react when the lights came on or whatever it was, then that story was almost certainly told to scouts “behind closed doors”.  

The problem is that is just how things work.  I am sure if AU coaches or whoever could have helped him get a spot in the NFL and had a successful career that is exactly what they would have done, but what happens to your credibility if you tell them something about a player that is simply not true?  You kind of have to state the facts or you lose all credibility.

If he makes it sound like something unusual or some grand conspiracy happened, he gets to live the rest of his life being that guy who would have made it if somebody had not sabotaged things behind closed doors.  Otherwise, he has to admit that he did not get it done at the college level and NFL scouts simply passed on him because they were not convinced he could help their organization.

i feel bad for jj and i am surprised he has never vented before this. as much as we talk about family many of the fans threw jj under the bus. i think the fan favorite was questioning his manhood because all his interceptions were supposedly because he was not a coward or not man enough and that sort of thing.  there are some things people just cannot let go of. i would believe calling a man a coward or not having the heart to be a good qb are probably great examples. i laugh when people call some players cowards because it takes a man to play football period. players get hit hard and get hit often. they often have practices so hard and grueling it is normal to see players puking their guts out and then getting right back up. jj might have had a no contact jersey when he was projected to be a starter but i guarantee you he took his hits on scout teams or practice in general until the coaches decided to protect him with the no contact stuff. jj was a great kid and showed great promise. even the talking heads were showing him love until his downfall. i think he deserved better than he got and he showed a lot more class at auburn than many of the auburn family did.

7 minutes ago, DunderMifflin said:

Now that I actually read his post it doesn’t seem too surprising to me.

Scouts almost certainly were doing their job and asking/digging for the real story.  If that real story was that he couldn’t read defenses well, couldn’t react when the lights came on or whatever it was, then that story was almost certainly told to scouts “behind closed doors”.  

The problem is that is just how things work.  I am sure if AU coaches or whoever could have helped him get a spot in the NFL and had a successful career that is exactly what they would have done, but what happens to your credibility if you tell them something about a player that is simply not true?  You kind of have to state the facts or you lose all credibility.

If he makes it sound like something unusual or some grand conspiracy happened, he gets to live the rest of his life being that guy who would have made it if somebody had not sabotaged things behind closed doors.  Otherwise, he has to admit that he did not get it done at the college level and NFL scouts simply passed on him because they were not convinced he could help their organization.

credibility? come on man. any coach worth his salt would want any of his kids to succeed unless maybe thye were some kind of thug or disruptive to the team. then there is recruiting. if a kid heard a coach sold a player out you do not think that could influence where a kid would commit to? throwing players under the bus would be suicide for the coach and the school. that is my take on it anyway.

21 hours ago, AidiAU said:

What is this all about? 

92330448-83AB-45B4-BE29-F1CBB346639B.jpeg

Why don’t you have the battery percentage showing? This is important!!

JJ is good people, y’all. He didn’t go to school to write college level essays. He didn’t live up to the unfair hype and it wasn’t all his fault. Our whole program didn’t play very well those years. 

6 hours ago, DAG said:

He can and that’s probably why he is at home sitting on Twitter blaming others now. Professionals got to be above the online and Twitter posters. Unless you have world renown talent.

A sour grape post, even if there is some truth to it, doesn't usually help the poster. The best way to prove people wrong would be to get in the CFL or Arena league and light it up. That will open more doors than instagram posts.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i feel bad for jj and i am surprised he has never vented before this. as much as we talk about family many of the fans threw jj under the bus.

I feel bad for any kid whose college career doesn’t turn out as expected, but what did he have to vent about? He had several opportunities to win the QB job at AU, and couldn’t keep it. He was cheered as a backup his freshman and sophomore years when he played really well in relief. He was sometimes booed when he became the starter. He wasn’t a very good QB. As for fans throwing him under the bus, I for one never did or said anything venomous about him as a person. He seems like a fine young man. But after it became obvious he wasn’t very good, I was among those calling for a new starter. That’s the way it has always worked in sports. 

3 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

A sour grape post, even if there is some truth to it, doesn't usually help the poster. The best way to prove people wrong would be to get in the CFL or Arena league and light it up. That will open more doors than instagram posts.

Yep, unfortunately, he was only on the practice squad for the CFL team. I think after that he transitioned to the Arena football league. I could be wrong though.

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You wanna see bad head space, check out Tre Mason’s instagram. Sheesh! It’s pretty cringeworthy. Talk about losing it. 

Tre post Auburn years seems like a totally different person. I really have no clue what happened. This really hurts to see. Will always be one of my favorites. I think I read somewhere where his mother said concussions had already began to take its toll on him mentally in his post football life.

Needs humility, introspection, and honesty. I loved JJ. Don't love this. He was not a good player. Great person, which is what truly counts, but he squandered his talent and flopped. He needs to make peace with it.

4 hours ago, DAG said:

Yes, and I also said unless you have world renown talent. Baker Mayfield and Odell Beckham have world renown talent. They can get away with being immature or crude because their talent speaks for themselves.

Along with Kevin Durant, Connor MacGregor and Bryce Harper. 

No excuses. Going by you guys logic as soon as you’re a collegiate or professional athlete you should let anybody say anything about you online and you shouldn’t respond no matter how talented you are 

I’m just going on the limb but when I saw him post this yesterday, my first thought was how the perception of his mental state seems to validate a lot of rumors that went on summer/fall of 2015.

6 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

No excuses. Going by you guys logic as soon as you’re a collegiate or professional athlete you should let anybody say anything about you online and you shouldn’t respond no matter how talented you are 

What excuses am I making? Lol. Responding to online people, who probably haven't played a sport in their life is a child’s game. Guess what guy? Life is unfair. People are going to overlook the immature or criminal activity to an extent if you are Uber talented. Jeremy Johnson had looks even after his underwhelming performances here. He didn't make the cut. Getting online steaming about it won't win him any sympathizers. Well, maybe 1 or 2.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Tre post Auburn years seems like a totally different person. I really have no clue what happened. This really hurts to see. Will always be one of my favorites. I think I read somewhere where his mother said concussions had already began to take its toll on him mentally in his post football life.

I saw somewhere that he was bipolar. Don’t know if it’s true or not, but he’s definitely a different guy now. I love Tre and hope he turns things around and has a great life. He’s one of my all time favorites. 

9 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

auburn.0.gif

the half a season he played was like a bad dream.   he got stuck in a rut and never came out of it.   as a fan i remember watching it and couldnt believe it was the same person that started the 1/2 opeing game the season before.    And every time he was put back in i wanted to see the JJ that i thought he could be but i never saw it. 

1 hour ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

I’m just going on the limb but when I saw him post this yesterday, my first thought was how the perception of his mental state seems to validate a lot of rumors that went on summer/fall of 2015.

What rumors? Genuinely curious

When I read the post, I thought it might refer to Duke Williams recently signing a reserve/future contract with the Buffalo Bills while JJ has not gotten an opportunity with any NFL teams. 

11 minutes ago, afblue said:

When I read the post, I thought it might refer to Duke Williams recently signing a reserve/future contract with the Buffalo Bills while JJ has not gotten an opportunity with any NFL teams. 

I didn’t think about that. Weren’t they roommates when JJ was starting Qb? 

Duke - also one of my fav players who Infuriated me. 

9 minutes ago, afblue said:

Duke was talented enough to be drafted. JJ6, not so much. Thats not on ANYONE but JJ. Duke led the CFL in receiving yards. JJ couldnt make it off a CFL practice squad. 

There isnt any comparison between the two.

19 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Duke was talented enough to be drafted. JJ6, not so much. Thats not on ANYONE but JJ. Duke led the CFL in receiving yards. JJ couldnt make it off a CFL practice squad. 

There isnt any comparison between the two.

Not making any comparison, just saying that’s the only recent event that came to my mind that might fit JJ’s comments. Might be something else. 

7 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I feel bad for any kid whose college career doesn’t turn out as expected, but what did he have to vent about? He had several opportunities to win the QB job at AU, and couldn’t keep it. He was cheered as a backup his freshman and sophomore years when he played really well in relief. He was sometimes booed when he became the starter. He wasn’t a very good QB. As for fans throwing him under the bus, I for one never did or said anything venomous about him as a person. He seems like a fine young man. But after it became obvious he wasn’t very good, I was among those calling for a new starter. That’s the way it has always worked in sports. 

nothing aimed at you g. i think most were newbies like we get early every season. and i am not miss cleo so i have bo idea what his deal is but from his past being quiet when his world fell apart make me think he gas a legit sit. i can be just as right or just as wrong as anyone else.............

On 5/17/2019 at 4:11 PM, AidiAU said:

I am guessing he means there are a lot of guys who get in legal trouble who are in the league. Unsure about how whole story that will be told part...

He was playing arena football (I thought), but I don’t know if that’s still the case. 

Sad, but he couldn’t make it with the Columbus Georgia arena team as a quarterback. He barely made the team as a long snapper. He later lost that position as well, and is no longer playing indoor arena football. (That I know of)

3 hours ago, afblue said:

I always wondered if Duke Williams had messed with JJ’s mind a little bit while they were roommates.  Don’t have any info, just wondering. 

Archived