Jeremy Johnson Post

AidiAU

25 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Four years after NFL first or second round ability, JJ gets cut from an arena football team where he couldn’t make the second string QB position, but found himself is a long snapper, and then lost that job.

I don't mean to pick apart your post, but that ^^^^ is why I totally fail to understand why JJ chose to post something like this.......... he makes it sound like crap went on "behind closed doors" that sabotaged his shot at the pro's.  

92330448-83AB-45B4-BE29-F1CBB346639B.jpeg

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

JJ had NFL first or second round ability (according to coaches) SW had possibly “Troy State” or South Alabama ability (I know it is just “Troy” now).

Four years after NFL first or second round ability, JJ gets cut from an arena football team where he couldn’t make the second string QB position, but found himself is a long snapper, and then lost that job.

SW played to the best and over his physical ability. JJ played way, way below his ability. That is what the fan-base saw and that is why the fan-base reacted the way they did.

Lol didn't put what happened to SW for whatever reason. Also who said ever SW had troy or south Alabama ability? This sounds made up, surely our fan base is smarter than what's stated in this post. I don't believe anything in this post

What is scary though this fan base will love a 2 star before they would a 5 star though. 

54 minutes ago, keesler said:

I don't mean to pick apart your post, but that ^^^^ is why I totally fail to understand why JJ chose to post something like this.......... he makes it sound like crap went on "behind closed doors" that sabotaged his shot at the pro's.  

92330448-83AB-45B4-BE29-F1CBB346639B.jpeg

If I was him I'd be angry at you took the QB job away from me pretty damn quick and after the beginning of the season you had me play the quality teams but sat me against the warm up teams. But he can't blame anybody else for the ints.

57 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol didn't put what happened to SW for whatever reason. Also who said ever SW had troy or south Alabama ability? This sounds made up, surely our fan base is smarter than what's stated in this post. I don't believe anything in this post

What is scary though this fan base will love a 2 star before they would a 5 star though. 

Huh??? I guess certain things are just tough for you to understand.

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Huh??? I guess certain things are just tough for you to understand.

Lol. You said huh and things are tough for me to understand. Lol. Ok. The post you wrote really shows what's what though.

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Lol. You said huh and things are tough for me to understand. Lol. Ok. The post you wrote really shows what's what though.

What’s what??? One guy (JJ) has high potential and never comes close to living up to it. Another guy (SW) has limited potential and surpasses it. That’s the difference in the fans reaction.

The following is not meant to be a put-down but a banging of the head reality check situation... It has has been what... three years or more now, and you’re still struggling to understand and still posting about it? Why?

Let’s Move On!

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

What’s what??? One guy (JJ) has high potential and never comes close to living up to it. Another guy (SW) has limited potential and surpasses it. That’s the difference in the fans reaction.

The following is not meant to be a put-down but a banging of the head reality check situation... It has has been what... three years or more now, and you’re still struggling to understand and still posting about it? Why?

Let’s Move On!

No the convo came up because he came up hence the name of the thread title. You told half of a story then played dumb about it. 

As far as your assessments on potential or whatnot that's your opinion not facts. Nobody really said that SW didn't have potential and nobody should say he lived up to it yet along surpassed it......and with how his career ended using your logic the fans would be more for jj as far as not meeting potential

And please stop the struggle to understand stuff, your posts rarely make sense, you have a tin foil hat and chase every conspiracy theory, you misuse words.....nobody is thinking you're some intellectual giant. You should be one of the last people trying to question someone's intellect

On 5/20/2019 at 8:06 AM, McLoofus said:

Still wish we could have seen the alternate ending where that long TD against Louisville doesn't get called back, though. For him and for Jason Smith. I mean, my goodness, what a beautiful ball he threw (6:10)

I was going to mention this play.  If there was ever one play that changed a trajectory of a career, it was this one.  One of the prettiest throws I have ever seen in the first game of the season as "The Guy". Gets called back only to throw a psyche doubting pick very next play.  It went downhill from there.  I truly believe the confidence he would have gained from that being a touchdown would have been season changing for him. I may have no idea what I am talking about, but that's what it felt like for me. 

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

No the convo came up because he came up hence the name of the thread title. You told half of a story then played dumb about it. 

As far as your assessments on potential or whatnot that's your opinion not facts. Nobody really said that SW didn't have potential and nobody should say he lived up to it yet along surpassed it......and with how his career ended using your logic the fans would be more for jj as far as not meeting potential

And please stop the struggle to understand stuff, your posts rarely make sense, you have a tin foil hat and chase every conspiracy theory, you misuse words.....nobody is thinking you're some intellectual giant. You should be one of the last people trying to question someone's intellect

OK so using your logic, the Fanbase just liked SW more than JJ? That’s why in your opinion, they were harder on JJ than SW?

You’ve been discussing this for 3 to 4 years now, so tell us why, in your opinion, the fanbase was so much nicer to SW than JJ?

9 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I was going to mention this play.  If there was ever one play that changed a trajectory of a career, it was this one.  One of the prettiest throws I have ever seen in the first game of the season as "The Guy". Gets called back only to throw a psyche doubting pick very next play.  It went downhill from there.  I truly believe the confidence he would have gained from that being a touchdown would have been season changing for him. I may have no idea what I am talking about, but that's what it felt like for me. 

Frazier had a similar one on a deep TD pass to Trovon Reed in the first game vs Clemson. Pass was complete, but Reed was out of bounds.

The season then proceeds to burn to the ground.

He led the nation in picks at the time he was pulled. No QB of ours should ever lead the entire country in interceptions through 25% of the season. Led the country.

The stuff he's complaining about being said from coaches to scouts were likely that he can't read a defense at a professional level. I'm choosing to assume the coaches kept this "talk" as cordial and respectful towards JJ but, if I'm assuming wrong (and I'm no stranger to doing that), it wouldn't be the first time a coach mistreated a player when it came to relaying information. 

On 5/17/2019 at 12:11 PM, AidiAU said:

I am guessing he means there are a lot of guys who get in legal trouble who are in the league. Unsure about how whole story that will be told part...

He was playing arena football (I thought), but I don’t know if that’s still the case. 

I remember reading his highschool alma mater jeff davis had hired him as a football coach it was after we lost to ucf in the peach bowl

On 5/17/2019 at 9:47 PM, alexava said:

I didn’t attend too many games when he played or started but I agree. He wasn’t treated as well as he should have been. This goes for a lot of players. I was embarrassed to be an Auburn fan at games when jake Holland was introduced in the starting lineup. We have our share of a**holes. But you gotta grow up and move on from that. 

imo if someone boos any young man that straps on the auburn jersey then they are not a true Auburn fan I remember in 08 whenever Todd was named starter fans would boo him even before the first  snap  and remember similar incidents with trotter & frazier. back in 07 when I attended the auburn/Mississippi state as soon as king dunlaps name was announced I cheered and a man sitting beside me said "why are you clapping for him? he sucks" and my response was "sir they may not be the right choice for the starting position they are assigned to. but as long as they are out on that field they are Auburn men and I will cheer them regardless of performance and outcome!"

On 5/21/2019 at 1:52 PM, cole256 said:

That's pretty absurd. Auburn people love good stories and high character guys. Carl Lawson was a 5 star and people LOVED him. Still do. Cadillac was a five star, arguably the most beloved Auburn player on the 2004 team. Same for Cam. Everybody in the world was rooting for Cowart to do well.

Loving underdogs has nothing to do with the fan base. A guy like Sean White or Rod Smith (walk on receiver) are always going to be endearing to Auburn fans because Auburn fans are human beings, and human beings love an underdog story. It's the reason they made like 19 Rocky movies. Maybe Auburn loves underdogs a bit more because this university is, itself, an underdog story. But who cares? Point is, the assertion that Auburn people don't like top talent is not smart. 

11 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

That's pretty absurd. Auburn people love good stories and high character guys. Carl Lawson was a 5 star and people LOVED him. Still do. Cadillac was a five star, arguably the most beloved Auburn player on the 2004 team. Same for Cam. Everybody in the world was rooting for Cowart to do well.

Loving underdogs has nothing to do with the fan base. A guy like Sean White or Rod Smith (walk on receiver) are always going to be endearing to Auburn fans because Auburn fans are human beings, and human beings love an underdog story. It's the reason they made like 19 Rocky movies. Maybe Auburn loves underdogs a bit more because this university is, itself, an underdog story. But who cares? Point is, the assertion that Auburn people don't like top talent is not smart. 

Absurd?? From football to basketball I could bring you countless of examples of when a 5 star makes the most simple of mistakes how it starts up for them. Recruiting threads not wanting them anyway and so on and forth. But I'm not because I know where that would go, but there's plenty of other people that notice it too, so it can't be too absurd

Oh lol at using cowart as an example. Search his name and then read once the season starts

Just now, cole256 said:

Absurd?? From football to basketball I could bring you countless of examples of when a 5 star makes the most simple of mistakes how it starts up for them. Recruiting threads not wanting them anyway and so on and forth. But I'm not because I know where that would go, but there's plenty of other people that notice it too, so it can't be too absurd

Well I just gave you a ton of examples that say otherwise. We don't have many 5 stars in football or basketball. I don't know who these phantom players are but I've never seen a conscious effort to dislike highly talented individuals who choose to come to Auburn. If anything, I'll be more forgiving to a 5 star because they chose us over all their other options. JJ was a very, very, very, very bad quarterback. Maybe had he been a read-option guy it could've been a different story (see 80 yard touchdown run at LSU), but the flack people gave him as a player was totally warranted. I still love JJ as a person because he stayed at Auburn and got his degree. I think that's a good story. 

No you didn't give a ton of examples and two of the few you gave weren't even correct. Have him love him jj played 2 bad games and he gets the very very very stuff. SW played more bad games against the suck teams that year and doesn't get it. On top of Johnson wasn't a 5 star guy and SW wasn't a 2 star diamond in the rough guy....

But if you didn't do it kudos but the fact that you didn't doesn't make it that nobody didn't

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No you didn't give a ton of examples and two of the few you gave weren't even correct. Have him love him jj played 2 bad games and he gets the very very very stuff. SW played more bad games against the suck teams that year and doesn't get it. On top of Johnson wasn't a 5 star guy and SW wasn't a 2 star diamond in the rough guy....

But if you didn't do it kudos but the fact that you didn't doesn't make it that nobody didn't

First off, there's not a single Auburn player, in the era of the internet, who wasn't lambasted when they played terribly. Goes for coaches too. Every time Bama loses a game you can ALWAYS find a bammer complaining about Saban's coaching. People say cruel things behind anonymity that last forever on the web. It has nothing to do with 5 stars. And a 2 star that throws picks like JJ did would get the same treatment. 

And here are the all time 5 stars for Auburn:

Byron Cowart - transferred

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

First off, there's not a single Auburn player, in the era of the internet, who wasn't lambasted when they played terribly. Goes for coaches too. Every time Bama loses a game you can ALWAYS find a bammer complaining about Saban's coaching. People say cruel things behind anonymity that last forever on the web. It has nothing to do with 5 stars. And a 2 star that throws picks like JJ did would get the same treatment. 

Ummm ok. And like I showed even with you jj was so so so very terrible.....You have two games where he threw multiple picks and he threw td's with those. You have other QB's that threw picks and no td 's, you have QB's that didn't do either

Also the guys you wrote transferred are guys who had problems and as soon as they did it was this guy is a 5 star?? And what a joke. What Austin Wiley goes through in basketball right now. But like I said not going to argue that it doesn't happen because I've seen it and know that it does. JJ/SW is a great example to show because they had to play the same season and is looked at very different

19 hours ago, AUght2win said:

You can write it, explain it, give him pictures of examples and proof.  He can see it with his own eyes and hear it with his own ears.  Bottom line is... you just can’t argue with crazy. You simply can’t talk sense to the senseless.

I’m guilty of trying it myself and it never works out.

On 5/22/2019 at 6:26 PM, cole256 said:

Ummm ok. And like I showed even with you jj was so so so very terrible.....You have two games where he threw multiple picks and he threw td's with those. You have other QB's that threw picks and no td 's, you have QB's that didn't do either

Also the guys you wrote transferred are guys who had problems and as soon as they did it was this guy is a 5 star?? And what a joke. What Austin Wiley goes through in basketball right now. But like I said not going to argue that it doesn't happen because I've seen it and know that it does. JJ/SW is a great example to show because they had to play the same season and is looked at very different

Just such a bizarre argument. That Auburn fans are biased against 5 star players. Say that out loud and see if it sounds sane.

5 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Just such a bizarre argument. That Auburn fans are biased against 5 star players. Say that out loud and see if it sounds sane.

If expectation is bias then I'm guilty. Nothing wrong with having expectations of a 5 star to play like a 5 star. Guys transfer for different reasons but when you can break into regular playing time 3 seasons in then I am wondering what the work ethic is. I mean when guys who are not so heralded make it in the exact same system it becomes a question of heart to me in some cases. Different era but Kevin Greene was a walk on. He proved he belonged through hard work. Some guys just think it should come naturally because it did in HS. They don't know how to handle the personal disappointment when it doesn't. Nevermind that a fan questions whether they were a 5 star or not. The player needs to self reflect and quit thinking people are against them. Coaches and fans are for them but yes, there is an expectation. 

On 5/22/2019 at 7:24 PM, AUght2win said:

Not that it really matters but there are some 5*’s missing from that list if I am not mistaken.  Wasn’t Elijah Daniel a 5*?  

6 hours ago, AUght2win said:

The definition of wanting to argue....clearly we don't agree, you even have a big dummy who doesn't like me who of course is going to come in....I don't respond then you add this, absolutely nothing but wanting to keep at it.....I still don't agree but if I reply back to you I'm the one that keeps it up right? I have to agree with huh? I just experienced this yesterday. You guys have problems, you can't force me to agree with you.....especially when I know better

Archived