Softball vs Arizona - final

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Proud of the ladies regardless. This program is trying to withstand events that rival probation. Legendary coach forced to exit unexpectedly and a totally new coaching concept brought in. Dean has one more season to progress the program before a new era is introduced. 

War Eagle! 

Tigers just weren't there tonight.

Thanks to the seniors for all the good memories.

Congratulations to The Arizona team.

This regional was a perfect microcosm of this season. Beat the teams we should beat but cannot beat one of the better teams in the country. Bats just never came to life this season vs any good teams besides the rocky top series honestly. Sad the season is over. War Eagle.

12 minutes ago, Hspoprn said:

Tigers just weren't there tonight.

Thanks to the seniors for all the good memories.

Congratulations to The Arizona team.

Those errors and misplays broke their spirit I think.....even after the 5-3 situation I think we were in the game but then it got away. 

Not beating Az is more than just losing to one of the "better teams".....they are among the top 2 or 3 in the country an elite team.   No matter how some see it,  AU is one of the 'better teams" in the country and played a brutal schedule with a couple key injuries to players we could not replace.  Hitting is definitely an issue but they overcame a lot to get where they did.   Proud of them......

Tough year. Didn’t meet expectations, but injuries were a factor. I hope Dean can turn it around next season.

We came in about where I thought, really.  We were picked 9th in the conference with Martin and finished 10th without her, but made the semis in the tournament.  I was surprised we won the series at Knoxville, and surprised we were swept by Arkansas.  I think the team had better chemistry this year, more on the same page.  This year's seniors were the last to have been to OKC.  Younger ones have to make their own way now.  I look forward to it.

They tried their darndest to overcome all the adversity.  I am proud of their effort and heart.  Excited for the rotation next year with 4 legit starters if needed although some would serve better in relief on weekends and get their starts during weekdays or tourneys. We must get some power bats in this recruiting cycle, a triple threat player would be nice like the Tiffany Howard type.  

Tannon had a rough day in the field but was my hero this year.  For all she overcame last year, she was a pleasant surprise in the field and especially with her bat.  I hope the nucleus stays together next year. I like their chemistry and heart.  War eagle ladies on a good season. 

Sure hope Martin plays one more year. IF Dean is the pitching coach that he is reputed to be, next year we should have a battery of pitchers that are top tier. Just gotta figure out what went awry with the bats after mid-season.

On 5/20/2019 at 1:04 PM, Hspoprn said:

Sure hope Martin plays one more year. IF Dean is the pitching coach that he is reputed to be, next year we should have a battery of pitchers that are top tier. Just gotta figure out what went awry with the bats after mid-season.

I'll have to say: The young pitchers seemed to improve a bunch as the season went along. How that plays out next season remains to be seen, but their pitching towards the end of the year gives me a glimmer of hope for Coach Dean.

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

I'll have to say: The young pitchers seemed to improve a bunch as the season went along. How that plays out next season remains to be seen, but their pitching towards the end of the year gives me a glimmer of hope for Coach Dean.

That, on top of getting the valuable experience with Mackayla going out.  Lexie probably doesn't pitch in Regional if everyone healthy,  and she pitched marvelously in the first Arizona game.  Now if we can just fix the hitting consistency. 

Archived