2019 SEC SOS AU #11

keesler

1 hour ago, keesler said:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2019-sec-strength-of-schedule-rankings-alabama-georgia-headed-down-opposite-paths

I feel like AU's schedule is much tougher than 11th in the conference, not USCe brutal but still hard to navigate.  

Yea....we play 5 of the top ten teams plus Oregon.....this is rediculous....I think we easily have the toughest schedule in SEc and maybe nation....

Stupidest crap I have ever read.  He acts like playing Alabama and Georgia in Auburn makes them not 2 of the top 3 teams in the country.  Throw in LSU, Florida and A&M on the road plus Oregon at a neutral site and you have probably the 2nd toughest schedule in the country not just the SEC.  Only one tougher is South Carolina because the play Clemson.  I guess morons need a job too but it’s hard to believe CBS would hire him.  

3 hours ago, weagl1 said:

Stupidest crap I have ever read.  He acts like playing Alabama and Georgia in Auburn makes them not 2 of the top 3 teams in the country.  Throw in LSU, Florida and A&M on the road plus Oregon at a neutral site and you have probably the 2nd toughest schedule in the country not just the SEC.  Only one tougher is South Carolina because the play Clemson.  I guess morons need a job too but it’s hard to believe CBS would hire him.  

I couldn’t agree more! Who else in the country plays two top five teams in Georgia and Alabama? Oh we play them at home, so they don’t count? How does this nonsensical crap survive an editor?

First, I'd say, if you don't have Bama on your schedule, you automatically fall. They are that dominant.

Second, if you rank the SEC going into the season, you'd have Bama, UGA, LSU, TAMU, and Florida in some order. The more of those teams you play, the harder your conference slate. Period. We're the only team that plays all five. Three of them on the road. The bottom line is, there are zero teams that would trade for our SEC slate. None. Because playing in the West is harder, and we're playing the two best teams in the East.

It seems like we the toughest schedule every year. Auburn opens up with Oregon. Meanwhile, UAT opens their season with Duke.

Hogwash and seems to be some form of propaganda.

If these talking heads are going to prop up the SECW as the toughest "Conference", much less Division, in college football then you don't open the list with 2 SECE teams..... Really?  And half of the top 10 are SECE teams?  Ptttttt....

By the usual talking heads logic every team in the SECW probably has a tougher schedule than any team in the SECE.  I mean, make up your mind!

8 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

It seems like we the toughest schedule every year. Auburn opens up with Oregon. Meanwhile, UAT opens their season with Duke.

That’s a good point A4E. Interesting that the playoff contenders have easy schedules again. 

This article is CBS sports. Same clowns that had a mustache blathering on nat'l news after we won the '84 Sugar that "real champions score touchdowns".

Look at how many articles this guy cranked out on the same day- or close to it- as this one. Dude isn't doing deep dive thinking on any of these. He's probably tasked with cranking out a whole bunch of garbage on a short timeline. 

We're not going to get hard hitting journalism for free in May, gang. You want thoughtful work, go behind a pay wall or wait until the big money writers turn their attention back to CFB in August. 

I just went through his list.  The guy contradicts himself several times.  Not sure what his agenda might be, or if the Lord just didn’t choose to bless him with much sense   

AU, TamU, and USCe have the 3 toughest schedules in the conference and the country.  No one else is really close.  uga at #2 is hilarious!!!

Archived