Sign in to follow this  
Brad_ATX

Fallen Auburn Officer

Recommended Posts





This is such a tragedy. It makes me so sad that something like this could happen in our lovely village, especially to someone who is charged with keeping us all safe. Lord, be with his family and with his friends and loved ones as they mourn this senseless act. Also, prayers for the other officers injured by that sub-human. My daughter knows one of them, through where she used to work. So sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"domestic disturbance"....that description of a call-out for law enforcement has to make all officers nervous.    Seems to be an uncommon number of instances where bad things result for law enforcement.    Really feel bad for the families of those involved. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, alexava said:

Dude’s mug shot looks pretty. 

I get what you meant but nothing about this situation is pretty. Not even from a sarcasm standpoint. My son in law was part of the ALEA group searching for him. 

WAR EAGLE!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, SlocombTiger said:

I get what you meant but nothing about this situation is pretty. Not even from a sarcasm standpoint. My son in law was part of the ALEA group searching for him. 

WAR EAGLE!!!

Thanks to your son.  And whoever else overcame the resistance they encountered. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2019 at 9:20 PM, Brad_ATX said:

Mods - I realize this is the wrong forum, but ask that you leave this here temporarily in hopes of more people seeing it.

As many of you have heard, Auburn Officer William Buechner was killed in the line of duty last night while answering a domestic disturbance call.  I knew him personally as we hung out some in college, along with catching up on occassion when I would see him around Auburn during later years.  We even stood as groomsmen in the same wedding once.  He was truly a great guy.

There is now a GoFundMe for his memorial service in order to help his family.  If you have the means, I encourage you to please donate.  

https://www.gofundme.com/buechner-memorial-fund?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fb_co_shareflow_m

We should also keep the two other officers who were shot in the same incident last night in our thoughts and prayers.

Thank you all for taking the time to read and consider helping out.

 Sorry for your loss and I haven't been able to shake this since early Monday morning. Sadly to say I knew Wayne Wilkes, grew up a mile down the road and were friends through school. He just ruined his life and left his young son to grow up without him. Prayers for everyone involved in this tragedy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

This is such a tragedy. It makes me so sad that something like this could happen in our lovely village, especially to someone who is charged with keeping us all safe. Lord, be with his family and with his friends and loved ones as they mourn this senseless act. Also, prayers for the other officers injured by that sub-human. My daughter knows one of them, through where she used to work. So sad.

Some back home who stayed in touch with him say he had a hard time leaving the NG and one said they saw him not long ago in a Walmart at 1am wearing his gear and he seemed off. Something went wrong in his head. He just had a son and seemed happy with his family. Its crazy

Edited by CAReeves2010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CAReeves2010 said:

Some back home who stayed in touch with him say he had a hard time leaving the NG and one said they saw him not long ago in a Walmart at 1am wearing his gear and he seemed off. Something went wrong in his head. He just had a son and seemed happy with his family. Its crazy

I was too harsh, I guess, before hearing all the details.  I feel bad about that. Mental illness is not a thing to be flippant about. However, I would rather focus on the victims than a man that decided to take the life of another without just cause.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Visitation is Friday 11am-2pm at Auburn Arena with graveside just afterwards at Town Creek Cemetery off of Gay Street in Auburn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2019 at 6:19 PM, AU64 said:

"domestic disturbance"....that description of a call-out for law enforcement has to make all officers nervous.    Seems to be an uncommon number of instances where bad things result for law enforcement.    Really feel bad for the families of those involved. 

As a former officer it was the most dangerous call we ran. It’s also the one call that nearly cost me my life back in 1998. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CAReeves2010 said:

Some back home who stayed in touch with him say he had a hard time leaving the NG and one said they saw him not long ago in a Walmart at 1am wearing his gear and he seemed off. Something went wrong in his head. He just had a son and seemed happy with his family. Its crazy

So he was not in NG anymore?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, alexava said:

So he was not in NG anymore?

I think he re-enlisted not long ago but from what a friend of mine said the night he saw him he seemed in "marine mode" not like the outgoing person he was. Not sure what he meant by marine mode but I'm guessing Pvt. Pyle from FMJ. There's no excuse for what he's done and he'll answer for this in this life and the next. This thread is for Officer Buechner and it should stay that way. God rest his soul. 

Edited by CAReeves2010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

However, I would rather focus on the victims than a man that decided to take the life of another without just cause.

Absolutely

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this