2021 4* RB Armoni Goodwin (LSU)

cole256

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

Hearing he might have cold feet?

Care to elaborate on where this info comes from? Or a reason? I wonder if Tank's early success has been a factor? I would think it would play more as a strength for us showing that you can play early and have another premier back to split carries and save wear and tear.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Care to elaborate on where this info comes from? Or a reason? I wonder if Tank's early success has been a factor? I would think it would play more as a strength for us showing that you can play early and have another premier back to split carries and save wear and tear.

These type of guys mostly want to play right away. And he sees that he will be behind a true sophomore and then a junior before he is considered #1 RB on the team. 

These positions look at stuff like that, unless he has been an Auburn fan all his life...

10 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

These type of guys mostly want to play right away. And he sees that he will be behind a true sophomore and then a junior before he is considered #1 RB on the team. 

These positions look at stuff like that, unless he has been an Auburn fan all his life...

He has been. Can't say he's not going to keep his options open considering, but he's been hard core AU for a long time. A flip would be a big indicator of things at AU.

21 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Modern RBs don't think that way nearly as much. Our main rivals typically roll 4-5 deep with elite RBs and those RBs are all over NFL rosters now. Shared backfields leave more tread on the tires and the NFL covets that. He won't view it as much as being "behind" Tank as he will being "with" Tank.

And, back to our rivals, he's not going to find many backfields where he'll have less competition for reps, unless he downgrades the offense he's playing in (from the perspective of potential for his own personal production).

42 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

This is only true for us. If was true for everyone then Bama and Georgia would not have a stable of 4* and 5* backs sitting on the bench patiently waiting their turn. If he does get cold feet it’s because of our play. If he were to decommit he would end up like Bama or Georgia and be sitting on the bench. 

3 hours ago, steeleagle said:

If that was the case Georgia and Alabama would not have a stable of running backs and add new ones every year. Many years ago teams featured a single back, now the idea is play for a good team with a great O-Line split carries so don't worn out have a few highlight runs and go to NFL. It was actually starting to hurt us when recruiting RB's when we over used them and teams used that against us.

7 hours ago, steeleagle said:

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Modern RBs don't think that way nearly as much. Our main rivals typically roll 4-5 deep with elite RBs and those RBs are all over NFL rosters now. Shared backfields leave more tread on the tires and the NFL covets that. He won't view it as much as being "behind" Tank as he will being "with" Tank.

And, back to our rivals, he's not going to find many backfields where he'll have less competition for reps, unless he downgrades the offense he's playing in (from the perspective of potential for his own personal production).

exactly....UGA has racked up some dogs at RB the last few years. 2018 they had Zamir White who was a 5 star and JAmes cook who was just below 5 star with a rating over 97. 2019 they signed Kenny Mcintosh who was a high 4 star. 2020 they signed Kendal Milton who was high 4 star and Dajun Edwards who was a 4 star as well. Thats 5 backs that were all highly rated recruits and I remember us wanting Mc and Edwards it seemed. IIRC

Bama in 2019 Signed 5 star Trey Sanders and 4 star Kellan Robinson. 2020 they signed 4 star Jase Mclellan and Roydale Williams both high 4 stars. 

Even LSU in 2018 singed 4 star Chirs Curry, 2019 5 star John Emory Jr and 4 star Tyrian Davis-Price and in 2020 brought in Jevonte bradford another highly recruited 4 star.

What doe all these teams have in common? They were all 3 already stacked at RB when these guys were signed. 

30 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

exactly....UGA has racked up some dogs at RB the last few years. 2018 they had Zamir White who was a 5 star and JAmes cook who was just below 5 star with a rating over 97. 2019 they signed Kenny Mcintosh who was a high 4 star. 2020 they signed Kendal Milton who was high 4 star and Dajun Edwards who was a 4 star as well. Thats 5 backs that were all highly rated recruits and I remember us wanting Mc and Edwards it seemed. IIRC

Bama in 2019 Signed 5 star Trey Sanders and 4 star Kellan Robinson. 2020 they signed 4 star Jase Mclellan and Roydale Williams both high 4 stars. 

Even LSU in 2018 singed 4 star Chirs Curry, 2019 5 star John Emory Jr and 4 star Tyrian Davis-Price and in 2020 brought in Jevonte bradford another highly recruited 4 star.

What doe all these teams have in common? They were all 3 already stacked at RB when these guys were signed. 

There is nothing I covet more than an absolutely stacked backfield - maybe an absolutely stacked defensive line. Not complaining about our present situation, we just need to keep building. 

On 10/27/2020 at 1:01 AM, Tigerpro2a said:

Well everyone is off on a tangent. The implication was that our poor play has given him "cold feet."

On 10/27/2020 at 9:44 AM, steeleagle said:

If he is any good he'd get plenty of carries at AU. No matter who is in front of him. If you don't use at least 3 man rotation at RB, the elite RB's are not going to come to your school. 

He flips, it's a pretty big deal. He's been wishy washy for a while. Even over the summer. Heart is all AU but his brain is telling him to go somewhere else. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

If he is any good he'd get plenty of carries at AU. No matter who is in front of him. If you don't use at least 3 man rotation at RB, the elite RB's are not going to come to your school. 

He flips, it's a pretty big deal. He's been wishy washy for a while. Even over the summer. Heart is all AU but his brain is telling him to go somewhere else. 

Dang.  I figured he would be the most solid out of the 2021 class with Caddilac here.  I think the RB's are the bright spot for us in how we are using them and rotating.

14 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Dang.  I figured he would be the most solid out of the 2021 class with Caddilac here.  I think the RB's are the bright spot for us in how we are using them and rotating.

Did you miss earlier in the spring where there was a lot of LSU smoke around him?

16 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Did you miss earlier in the spring where there was a lot of LSU smoke around him?

I suppose I did.  I would really hate to lose him.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Yup. Though, they don't look very good right now either. I guess coach O gets some grace coming off a Natty and losing so many coaches and talent. 

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not everybody stays up to date on these types of things. Give him a break E. Like him, this is the first I've heard of the LSU talk as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2020 at 2:05 PM, TAYLORKEETON said:

Not everybody stays up to date on these types of things. Give him a break E. Like him, this is the first I've heard of the LSU talk as well.

@TAYLORKEETONChill man. There was nothing degrading or condascending about my post. It was just a question. Given the amount of LSU smoke there was being there were a full conversation on it in this thread. I was just suprized someone who visits the recruiting forum as much as abw does missed it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 7:04 PM, Sizzle said:

He must’ve got held back a year. He’s gone be a 20 year old true freshman 

They held him back to get bigger stronger for Freshman Ball at West Canaan!!!

On 11/18/2020 at 9:44 AM, Tigerpro2a said:

They held him back to get bigger stronger for Freshman Ball at West Canaan!!!

"Eighth grade ain't so bad, is it son?"

On 11/16/2020 at 7:04 PM, Sizzle said:

He must’ve got held back a year. He’s gone be a 20 year old true freshman 

Is that really his mom? She looks like she could be his girlfriend...and not be out of place as a star player's girlfriend.

1 hour ago, Rednilla said:

Is that really his mom? She looks like she could be his girlfriend...and not be out of place as a star player's girlfriend.

Yeah she’s the mom. Black and Asian moms age well. You never know how old they actually are

• 2 weeks later...

Archived