10 hours ago, bigbird said:

Reality vs dreams

Yes but those dreams are really nice to think about 😍

• augolf1716 unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
On 8/1/2019 at 8:48 PM, cole256 said:

FB_IMG_1564710350774.jpg

Just wondering...

On your post back in the day when you brought him up and said he and his family were Auburn fans, you also said we have a chance right now "but he transferred to a school in b ham and they are heavy bammers at his program."

Is HT still a heavy Bama lean program? Their head coach Josh Floyd, is a former Malzahn QB at Shiloh Christian. 

Seems to me that we could turn HT into a pipeline. I don't see why not. They may historically be a Bama program, but with an inside relationship with Gus an Floyd, it seems we would be making a mistake by not trying to turn that school into an Auburn pipeline.

2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Just wondering...

On your post back in the day when you brought him up and said he and his family were Auburn fans, you also said we have a chance right now "but he transferred to a school in b ham and they are heavy bammers at his program."

Is HT still a heavy Bama lean program? Their head coach Josh Floyd, is a former Malzahn QB at Shiloh Christian. 

Seems to me that we could turn HT into a pipeline. I don't see why not. They may historically be a Bama program, but with an inside relationship with Gus an Floyd, it seems we would be making a mistake by not trying to turn that school into an Auburn pipeline.

Iggy and Ja'Varrius Johnson came from HT if I remember correctly. Both colleges have recruited HT well. So I'd say things have changed if it was strictly a bama school.

• 3 weeks later...

Went to the game. Both HT runningbacks were ferocious. After HT lost their starting QB, they went to their backs and both were outstanding. That and Coach Nix putting his son in when Pinson was poised to take control of the game was the difference. Pretty sloppy game all around though, especially special teams. Exciting finish though. 

One thing about Armani that really impressed me is how he hits a hole. It doesn’t have to be a big one but when he cuts, it’s like lightning. He doesn’t force it though, he is patient enough to wait for the opening he needs. When the play is to the outside, it doesn’t take long from him to cut it up. Reminds me of Tre Mason.

Armoni is very good. He's really one of the best backs we've recruited the past 10 years. He just need a little more media pub but IMO most of our fan base don't really understand how big of a break it was to get him. If people knew he'd get ALOT more attention than he gets right now. After this season people will see though. 

NFL back, good vision, homerun hitter. Can catch very well out of the backfield too.

Wow, shows how much I pay attention to this stuff, I didn’t realize he was committed to AU. Bo was there last night, hopefully he got a chance to speak and keep him high on AU. 

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Armani is very good. He's really one of the best backs we've recruited the past 10 years. He just need a little more media pub but IMO most of our fan base don't really understand how big of a break it was to get him. If people knew he'd get ALOT more attention than he gets right now. After this season people will see though. 

NFL back, good vision, homerun hitter. Can catch very well out of the backfield too.

Wouldn’t mind if he stayed under the radar, but that’s not gonna happen. Love this guy.

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Wouldn’t mind if he stayed under the radar, but that’s not gonna happen. Love this guy.

He’s not under the radar though. He’s the #2 RB in the nation for his class 

I may be remembering Tre wrong, or maybe it's the competition, but Goodwin looks quicker to me. Between him and Tank (not to mention Worm, Boobee, DJ Williams, and Richards, all of whom are sophomores or lower), I think we have RB locked down for a long time.

On 8/24/2019 at 11:48 AM, cole256 said:

If people knew he'd get ALOT more attention than he gets right now. After this season people will see though. 

I'm not anybody important but he popped out to me last year when I was watching Trussville on ESPN to check out our then commit Ja'Varrius Johnson.

On 8/24/2019 at 2:46 PM, toddc said:

Kinda hard to stay under the radar given He's a top 100 recruit overall by 247 & ESPN plus a top 3 RB in the class on both sites. Rivals has him as the #3 all purpose back which is off. AG is a feature back.

We are very lucky to have him IMO. The strength of the 2021 RB class is nowhere near close to the strength of the 2020 RB class overall nationally.

On 8/25/2019 at 5:12 AM, Rednilla said:

Between him and Tank (not to mention Worm, Boobee, DJ Williams, and Richards, all of whom are sophomores or lower), I think we have RB locked down for a long time.

With that much young talent on the roster at one time there's bound to be some attrition. I just hope the staff is prepared to keep the cupboard full by landing top RBs each class.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

With that much young talent on the roster at one time there's bound to be some attrition. I just hope the staff is prepared to keep the cupbard full by landing top RBs each class.

Yeah. He didn't even mention Joiner, who's also a freshman. 

Boobee is draft eligible after this season, right? Would be great if his production justified taking a look. 

But what you said. It would be a surprise if we could hold onto all these guys. Which is the kind of problem we want to have. 

On 8/25/2019 at 6:12 AM, Rednilla said:

I may be remembering Tre wrong, or maybe it's the competition, but Goodwin looks quicker to me. Between him and Tank (not to mention Worm, Boobee, DJ Williams, and Richards, all of whom are sophomores or lower), I think we have RB locked down for a long time.

Agreed. Now if we could locked down true SEC quality Offensive linemen these backs may have some holes to run through.

1 hour ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Agreed. Now if we could locked down true SEC quality Offensive linemen these backs may have some holes to run through.

That is one thing that concerns me, but I have faith in JB Grimes' ability to coach up players far more than his ability to recruit the top notch guys, so it might not be as bad as it seems.

• 2 weeks later...

Armani having another big night at Oak Mountain but he just had to be helped off the field after he got undercut on a leap. Looks like a knee. Really hope he’s ok. 

He’s done for the night. I don’t know the extent. They are just icing it right now. 

He was jumping to avoid a tackler and I think he got hit in the leg about the same time as he hit the ground. 

They are icing it and he’s getting crutches. 

I don’t have his stats but he returned the opening kickoff 95 yards for a TD. I’m pretty sure he had 3 more on the ground, one was a 42 yard run. 

He is a joy to watch. I hope he’s Ok for the Hoover game next week and I hope he sticks with AU. 

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

He is a joy to watch. I hope he’s Ok for the Hoover game next week

Per JOX he will be evaluated tomorrow but will likely miss the Hoover game next week. Hoover also had a major injury. QB Robbie Ashford fractured his ankle and will miss at least a month. 

Archived