Sign in to follow this  
cole256

2021 4* RB Armoni Goodwin Commits to AU!

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Per JOX he will be evaluated tomorrow but will likely miss the Hoover game next week. Hoover also had a major injury. QB Robbie Ashford fractured his ankle and will miss at least a month. 

Well that’s disappointing. I was hoping to see these two go at it full bore.

17 hours ago, jared52 said:

Well that’s disappointing. I was hoping to see these two go at it full bore.

As long as both are back before the playoffs they can very well meet in the playoffs given how strong that region is related to the other region on the north side of the state.

AG suffered 2 knee ligament tears...

Auburn commit sustains significant knee injury

By Keith Niebuhr
9374411.JPG?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs
Armoni Goodwin, Auburn running back commit. (Photo: Keith Niebuhr, 247Sports)

Armoni Goodwin, Auburn’s dynamic 4-star 2021 running back commit from Hewitt-Trussville (Ala.), will be out an extended period of time after sustaining a serious knee injury.

According to Goodwin, he tore the ACL and MCL in his right knee in last week's game. He said he is scheduled to have surgery next week.

Goodwin was off to a fantastic start to the season. In three games played, he already had rushed for 485 yards and 10 touchdowns on 52 carries. That's an average of 9.3 yards per rush. That comes after he produced more than 1,300 rushing yards in 2018.

Goodwin, the No. 3 running back and No. 59 overall recruit nationally in the industry generated 247Sports Composite, is Auburn's highest-rated 2021 commit. He gave his verbal to the Tigers on May 22.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Goodwin was off to a fantastic start to the season. In three games played, he already had rushed for 485 yards and 10 touchdowns on 52 carries. That's an average of 9.3 yards per rush. That comes after he produced more than 1,300 rushing yards in 2018

Those are some big numbers!!

RATZ! Modern medical techniques have a high success rate with these things, but getting a knee injury is never good. How the athlete will recover and respond isn't a guaranteed success.

• Like 1

Dang that sucks. It's good that Cadillac is his recruiter.. If anyone knows anything about overcoming and dealing with injuries, it's him. I hope he can get better and come back faster and better in two years as a freshman at Auburn. 

• Like 1

It was such a fluke thing and I wish he’d never have left his feet but he was having so much success that night jumping to avoid tackles. I hate this because he is really something to watch.