2021 4* RB Armoni Goodwin (LSU)

cole256

27 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I’ve been seeing things about this too. Things change but it’s not looking good for us in regards to keeping him

I would lose my ish and be irate. He's our second highest ranked commit in the composite. We stuck by him and was loyal to him after he shredded his knee. Would be a huge slap in the face and I would take it very personally. 

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's been committed to us since may of last year and didn't even get a LSU offer till February of 2020...

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I would lose my ish and be irate. He's our second highest ranked commit in the composite. We stuck by him and was loyal to him after he shredded his knee. Would be a huge slap in the face and I would take it very personally. 

Well IF it happens don’t be surprised. I’ve been reading whenever he visits LSU then it’s only a matter of time before he makes the switch

1 minute ago, Sizzle said:

Well IF it happens don’t be surprised. I’ve been reading whenever he visits LSU then it’s only a matter of time before he makes the switch

Where at? Did a quick peak a boo at the LSU 247 site and nothing about him on my half baked search of the first page of their message board. I don't remember KN saying anything about it either. And isn't his high school head coach a gus protege? Like what the actual *$&+

Pickens, Goodwin, Foster....

Do we ever flip kids like this?

Maybe I never remember.

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Would you still lose your mind if we swapped him for Lovasea Carroll?

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

@Sizzle And you haven’t been sharing this here why?

And isn't his high school head coach a gus protege?

Yes but Trussville is a heavy REC town.

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I don't even know who that is. Well at least not until today.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Yes but Trussville is a heavy REC town.

They rather a guy go to LSU over Auburn? That seems like robbing Peter to pay Paul lol.

We’re plenty deep. Would not be the end of the world...

44 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Sizzle And you haven’t been sharing this here why?

I just figured out about it like 2 days ago and I thought I posted about it yesterday but realized today that I didn’t. It’s not like it’s news any of us want to hear lol

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I don't even know who that is. Well at least not until today.

You did spend some time away from recruiting NSD didn’t you?

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I haven’t seen Lovasea, but I saw Armani last year until he got hurt. Nothing excites me more about the possibilities at AU than thinking about him signing. Maybe I’m biased, but I haven’t seen a HS kid change directions like him and keep his speed. He hits the hole like a freight train. I’m looking forward to maybe seeing him this fall and I hope his lifelong love for AU helps him stick. This would be a huge, huge loss. 

2 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Is Carroll still thinking about AU or other SEC teams?   

Florida most likely it seems after reading 247.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

You did spend some time away from recruiting NSD didn’t you?

I was full boar on bball recruiting with blinders on fball crutin but the month of April effed me up badly for a long long looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time when it comes to bball crutin. That was rough man. I have not recovered. Anytime I see any mention of the G league I will forever be triggered.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Florida most likely it seems after reading 247.

This. It’s discussed in the Carroll thread but Keith kind of got my hopes up..

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

This. It’s discussed in the Carroll thread but Keith kind of got my hopes up..

Keith as usual lately has been not as optimistic as others as far as AU crutin goes. BUT that is why he is so damn good at his job. He was one of the only guys who never really seemed to believe in Leary to AU. Even when all the tea leaves seemed to point to it. I think you said something too to the effect of it is weird that we never got a crystal ball for Leary. But I do not think bama did either. They were all on Boomer Sooner I believe.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

I would be extremely disappointed. I don't like getting run off of in-state guys and having to go elsewhere to fill our slots. Yes, we have to recruit out of state a good bit. That makes keeping our quality in-state commits all the more important.

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

I would be extremely disappointed. I don't like getting run off of in-state guys and having to go elsewhere to fill our slots. Yes, we have to recruit out of state a good bit. That makes keeping our quality in-state commits all the more important.

Concur and I think Goodwin is much better (before injury).  Goodwin is very explosive.  Carroll takes a few steps to get to top end speed....whatever.

with Carroll at IMG, does that help us since Caddy was there?  

Goodwin reminds me more of Tank, thinking of just the guys on our current roster.  Carroll - -  MAR?   I don't know.

25 minutes ago, Beaker said:

with Carroll at IMG, does that help us since Caddy was there?  

No. Forget my Carroll statement. Auburn is apparently not a player. It’s apparently Florida that’s pushing to flip him.

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

Concur and I think Goodwin is much better (before injury).  Goodwin is very explosive.  Carroll takes a few steps to get to top end speed....whatever.

Goodwin reminds me more of Tank, thinking of just the guys on our current roster.  Carroll - -  MAR?   I don't know.

Goodwin kinda reminds me of Clyde Edwards-Helaire of LSU which is probably what they are selling him on. CEH was my personal favorite RB in this years draft class and he ended being a first round pick 

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

No. Forget my Carroll statement. Auburn is apparently not a player. It’s apparently Florida that’s pushing to flip him.

I'd rather have Goodwin anyway, if he's able to get back to full speed. Sounds like he's a cross between Tre Mason and Shaun Shivers. Would LOVE to see a track guy with the size for Gus to trust him as an every down back. Having the kind of weapon that can take it the distance on any given play in the backfield is palpable. It's why I so want to see Shivers get a chance to be an every down back.

52 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

why I so want to see Shivers get a chance to be an every down back.

Worm hasn't shown the vision or lateral ability yet to be an every down back & that pains me to say. Worm is straight line fast & runs with a lot of heart.

Archived