2021 4* RB Armoni Goodwin (LSU)

cole256

Anybody got anything on him? I know his family is Auburn fans, but he transferred to a school in b ham and they are heavy bammers at his program. He's awesome though, he's from Florence and we have a chance......right now

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe coachjay has mention him in some of the high school football game threads in the recruiting forum. Not 100% sure but I know he put up some crazy numbers at Florence against some good teams while a 9th grader .

44 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I believe coachjay has mention him in some of the high school football game threads in the recruiting forum. Not 100% sure but I know he put up some crazy numbers at Florence against some good teams while a 9th grader .

Yeah he's a monster and he's been doing the same in the b ham area. Think bammer is on him too though

9 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

He's already visited bammer once he plays for Hewitt Trussville now

Visited AU at least once this season if not more.

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 4* RB Armoni Goodwin

He's definitely a stud and has great balance and vision.  Not as fast as you would expect but he's just a sophomore.  He will probably be a top 100 player depends on how tall he gets.  I think he's about 5' 8" now.    The sophomore and freshman class at HT is absolutely loaded with talent if they can find a QB.   Carruth (yes related to Paul Ott Carruth) maybe the guy but not sold on him yet.  

From that 2021 class I'd say SEC caliber players already are probably

Miller Malone OG but will probably grow into an OT

Sean Jackson plays running back but can do it all, great hands.  

and Goodwin

the 2022 class

Justice Finkley LB (LSU and UAB already have offered)

Omari Kelley RB  6'  170  and can fly already plays very physical

Everyone knows the kids for this year and next from HT.   But one that's over looked is probably the 2nd best place kicker in the state.  I'd offer him a walkon spot if I was Gus.  Strong leg and accurate.  Parker Colburn

@cole256 Goodwin with about 80 yards rushing on 6-7 carries in the first half and  1 or 2 touchdowns can't remember exactly.   Hewitt leads 28-0.  

Armoni finished with 151 yards rushing 2 TDs.  HT wins 41-6

2 hours ago, corchjay said:

@cole256 Goodwin with about 80 yards rushing on 6-7 carries in the first half and  1 or 2 touchdowns can't remember exactly.   Hewitt leads 28-0.  

Armoni finished with 151 yards rushing 2 TDs.  HT wins 41-6

MUSH Brother!!

• 7 months later...
Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Hell yeah! Boom!!!

THAT IS HUGE!!! 

Go Crazy,  Cadillac!

https://247sports.com/Player/Armoni-Goodwin-46049880/

Tigers land huge commitment from 4-star RB

• By Keith Niebuhr
  • • 2 min read

8369002.png?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs New Tigers RB commit Armoni Goodwin. (Photo: J. Garcia, Jr., 247Sports)

First-year Auburn running backs coach Cadillac Williams has his first running back commit. And, it's a big one.

But it's not from a 2020 recruit.

Instead, it came Wednesday afternoon from 4-star 2021 back Armoni Goodwin of Hewitt-Trussville (Ala.). He's the No. 2 running back in the country in the rising junior class for 247Sports.

Goodwin made his announcement via Twitter.

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter

First of all, I want to thank Coach Gus Malzahn for the opportunity to be an Auburn Tiger. With that being said, I’m now Committed to Auburn University! War Eagle 🦅@CoachGusMalzahn‼️💯#WarEagle 🔷🔶

Goodwin, who is listed at 5-feet-8, 190 pounds, is commitment No. 1 in the 2021 class for the Tigers.

"Well, first off Armoni is a great kid," said Hewitt-Trussville coach Josh Floyd. "He's a great kid that works hard. He's super explosive and has legit speed. He's definitely one of the fastest, if not the fastest kid I've ever coached. He also has incredible balance and that's the thing about him. -- he can take a hit and stay up."

According to Floyd, Williams played a huge role in Auburn landing Goodwin’s verbal.

“I think he did a great job on him,” Floyd said. “I met Cadillac for the first time during the spring recruiting period. He’s got a big name obviously with Auburn ties. People know him and families know him. Armoni’s mom knew who he was and that made a big difference. I know he has developed a real good relationship with Armoni.”

Here is 247Sports' evaluation of Goodwin:

"Short, compact build. Is filled out with muscle mass from top to bottom relative to this stage in development. Has the thick lower body of a sprinter. Has long possessed high-end top speed, running a sub 11 second 100-meter time as a freshman in high school. That top end speed transfers over to the football field. Consistently rips off long runs and pulls away from defenses with ease. Has outstanding pace once he's in the open field. Had a productive sophomore year, averaging nearly 7 yards per carry. Dangerous on screens, draws, misdirection plays that can get him in space. Runs with nice lean and contact balance, particularly for a smaller back. Shows ability, but will need to continue improving his production as a pass catcher to fully maximize his value at the next level. Projects as a contributor and potential feature back for a Power Five program with the upside of developing into a high NFL Draft pick."

Goodwin is coming of an extremely productive sophomore season. He carried the ball 212 times for 1,458 yards and 15 touchdowns. He also caught six passes for 45 yards.

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Runs with nice lean and contact balance, particularly for a smaller back.

Sounds like Coach 'Lac back in the day. 

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Projects as a contributor and potential feature back for a Power Five program with the upside of developing into a high NFL Draft pick."

Like this!

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Dangerous on screens

👀

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Sub-11 100, 5'8 190 as a sophomore... those are dream metrics. 

I'm waiting for the he's too small crowd. 

5'8" 190 as a sophomore with 2 years to go I would expect him to add 1-3 inches and 10+ pounds of muscle before he arrives at Auburn. That is almost ideal size for a RB and he has speed to burn. Caddy is showing he can recruit.  

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm waiting for the he's too small crowd. 

He actually looks smaller than that in the highlights real but its hard to tell.  Need a pic next to Caddy or Gus.

He has very good burst out of his cut. 

48 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Sub-11 100, 5'8 190 as a sophomore... those are dream metrics. 

Not sure why my brain didn’t register he is a sophomore. Dear golly we caught one hell of a player.

Seems like he would be one of the highest rated running backs we’ve gotten in a minute.

Just now, Zeek said:

Not sure why my brain didn’t register he is a sophomore. Dear golly we caught one hell of a player.

Seems like he would be one of the highest rated running backs we’ve gotten in a minute.

Im so excited for this kid. whoever mentioned Tre Mason I definitely see that....if he adds more muscle he could be a faster version of mike dyer

Archived