2020 3* OT Jeremiah Wright Commits to AU!

Zeek

Louis and Coates still aren’t good route runners though. Both are still stuff changing pace and direction and are bad at selling any disguised routes. Yeah, Malzahn basically just assigns certain routes to certain player. But there’s always two sides to this stuff. Louis wasn’t a victim of Zahn’s offense. He still was he he is. If he wanted to get drafted higher, he would’ve gone somewhere that wanted him at Safety 

2 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Louis and Coates still aren’t good route runners though. Both are still stuff changing pace and direction and are bad at selling any disguised routes. Yeah, Malzahn basically just assigns certain routes to certain player. But there’s always two sides to this stuff. Louis wasn’t a victim of Zahn’s offense. He still was he he is. If he wanted to get drafted higher, he would’ve gone somewhere that wanted him at Safety 

😦😂😂😂😂

Good job...

4 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Had no idea a OT needed to know how to run a route

the game is evolving.

I do believe we've had some o linemen catch a touchdown pass before

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

Wright?...Wright?...Anyone

12 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

giphy.gif

Yes, I'd love to know more about our recruitment of Wright. What ya got?

If his height and weight are accurate he carries it very well and has a big frame.  Shows a bit of nasty and solid effort.but this kid is as raw as it comes.  If he puts in a summer of hard work and hits some o-line camps he could jump though.  He looks more like a guard right now.  There is something to like though. If he wants to be great and put in the work the tools are there.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

If his height and weight are accurate he carries it very well and has a big frame.  Shows a bit of nasty and solid effort.but this kid is as raw as it comes.  If he puts in a summer of hard work and hits some o-line camps he could jump though.  He looks more like a guard right now.  There is something to like though. If he wants to be great and put in the work the tools are there.

Awesome analysis, thank you. 6'5, 320, nasty and effort are a great place to start. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

If he camps at AU & gets Grimes All In on him then that's good enough for me.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, McLoofus said:

. 6'5, 320, nasty and effort are a great place to start. 

With the current state of our OT recruiting, that is all I need to know.   Sign him up!

• Like 1

I am hoping he just hasn't been doing the camp circuit and that is why he is not rated and that we are one of the first on him.

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 3* OT Jeremiah Wright
18 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I am hoping he just hasn't been doing the camp circuit and that is why he is not rated and that we are one of the first on him.

@AuburnNTexas he's from Selma & they have a very poor football history overall & publicity. He may have to camp somewhere just to get Rivals & ESPN to rate him. 247 rated him a 3* though.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 7:29 PM, ellitor said:

@AuburnNTexas he's from Selma & they have a very poor football history overall & publicity. He may have to camp somewhere just to get Rivals & ESPN to rate him. 247 rated him a 3* though.

Yes, Dallas County as a whole has struggled to put forth great football teams.  They will have a good one every few years, used to have more when Dallas County High was more formidable.  A lot of changes in leadership have taken place the last 10-15 years though to the point McAdory paid Dallas County High to play the return game at McAdory instead of traveling to Dallas County. That wouldn't have happened years ago. I know it is mostly due to the amount of fans that would travel but previous regime would have kept the game there and let them stand around the fence lol. Some of the better talent from in the past Dallas County teams, Keymiya Harrell for us and Michael Johnson played DE at GT to later have an NFL career starting with Bengals. 

Edited by AUBwins

He just got an offer from Georgia tech. It seems like us, GT. and Tennessee are always going after the same exact players

11 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

He just got an offer from Georgia tech. It seems like us, GT. and Tennessee are always going after the same exact players

Camping at LSU this weekend. Good chance they offer him too.

12 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Camping at LSU this weekend. Good chance they offer him too.

I know CFB is a copycat league but I didn’t think he’d blow up like this in recruiting tbh. Were we the first P5 team to offer him?

19 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Were we the first P5 team to offer him?

Yes. By 10 days over the Vols.

• Thanks 1

In-state OT Jeremiah Wright 'likes everything about Auburn'

Tzibhxxcfuojpxvgb5en

Selma’s Jeremiah Wright has quickly become one of the most coveted offensive tackles in Alabama.

In the past six weeks, Wright has earned offers from Auburn, Tennessee and Georgia Tech, and interest from LSU and others.

Wright, who is 6-foot-5 and 330 pounds, also has been busy taking visits during that time, including ones to Auburn, Tennessee, Georgia Tech and LSU. There’s a reason he’s visited those schools.

“They are the ones keeping in contact with me the most,” Wright said. “Them and Troy.”

Wright’s visit to Auburn was May 21, and he didn’t go alone.

“I brought my family with me,” Wright said. “And they loved it.”

So did he.

“I like everything about Auburn,” Wright said. “I can’t wait to get back up there.”

Wright said of the five schools showing interest, Auburn is showing the most.

“Auburn is recruiting me the hardest,” Wright said. “Auburn keeps in contact with me almost every day.”

And it’s not just one coach who’s doing so.

“I talk to mostly everybody,” Wright said. “Coach Gus Malzahn, Coach (J.B.) Grimes, Coach (Levorn) Harbin. I have close relationships with all of them.”

Auburn’s interest appears to be paying off. Although Wright doesn’t list a leader at this time, he said there are several reasons Auburn is high on his list.

“Me and my family like everything about it,” Wright said. “It’s close to home and they’ve told me about my chances of playing, about how many linemen they’re losing. I have to get back up there soon.”

Wright doesn’t plan to make a commitment anytime soon.

“I’ll probably just wait it out until the end, December or February,” he said.

Edited by ellitor
Added & quoted article

C'mon Jeremiah commit to the good guys, 

you love us, your family loves us, close to home and probably a pro contract in the making!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

don't wait til signing day, commit now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 5 weeks later...