2020 4* OT Javion Cohen Has AU Offer Pulled! 12/11

Zeek

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hahaha that recruitment turned in a day!!! It was so blatant what happened. Has he done anything in West Vance? Has he transfered out yet?

Made a play or 2 in the LSU game.

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not sure about the leverage thing. I just get the impression he thinks he's a day 1 starter & thus isn't crazy about the juco OTs we have coming in.

Isn't Alabama known for making players redshirt or play special teams as a true freshmen?  If so, that seems pretty dumb that he wants to start day one and is flirting with another school that is known for redshirting while Auburn is not afraid to play freshmen.

4 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Isn't Alabama known for making players redshirt or play special teams as a true freshmen?  If so, that seems pretty dumb that he wants to start day one and is flirting with another school that is known for redshirting while Auburn is not afraid to play freshmen.

To be honest Auburn doesn't play Freshman O-linemen unless they are super talented 5* type talent and even then not very often.  The teams that play Freshmen O-Line when they are not the elite type out of HS are teams whose cupboard is very bare. Tenn. as an example whose O-line stared 2 Freshmen this year who had real growing pains at beginning of the year but are starting to improve.

13 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

To be honest Auburn doesn't play Freshman O-linemen unless they are super talented 5* type talent and even then not very often.  The teams that play Freshmen O-Line when they are not the elite type out of HS are teams whose cupboard is very bare. Tenn. as an example whose O-line stared 2 Freshmen this year who had real growing pains at beginning of the year but are starting to improve.

I agree, I just meant in general across all positions.

7 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Isn't Alabama known for making players redshirt or play special teams as a true freshmen?

Not sure. Jonah played on the OL as a true frosh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Not sure. Jonah played on the OL as a true frosh.

I do believe he was the exception not the rule.  I could easily be wrong there but just my opinion that in general, OL do not start as tFR at UAt

He is 50-50 because Bama hasn't given him the go ahead yet.  And what is really funny is that they may never.  Personally I look forward to his years at Troy university.

9 hours ago, AUTiger2012 said:

He is 50-50 because Bama hasn't given him the go ahead yet

You may be right but not according to an interview he gave Bamaonline.com. Saban  supposedly personally gave him assurances that the offer was good.

Keith N said on talk show this morning that if he had to make a list of players today that would be in this class then JC would NOT be on that list.  He also said that he has no information from Bama and that the local radio guy probably new more about them than he did.  But just the feeling he gets at the moment from sources in AU, this kid is gone.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

Keith N said on talk show this morning that if he had to make a list of players today that would be in this class then JC would NOT be on that list.  He also said that he has no information from Bama and that the local radio guy probably new more about them than he did.  But just the feeling he gets at the moment from sources in AU, this kid is gone.

I'm sorry if he doesn't want to be at Auburn. On the other hand, these "I'm 50-50 committed" guys make me not care what they do.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

You just got to laugh fam. Another Phenix City kid who flirts with us profusely only to go elsewhere. WHATEVER. I am not suprised in the least. Fool me once. Shame on you. Fool me twice? Shame on me. Fool me 9009490 times? IDK who to blame! haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

You just got to laugh fam. Another Phenix City kid who flirts with us profusely only to go elsewhere. WHATEVER. I am not suprised in the least. Fool me once. Shame on you. Fool me twice? Shame on me. Fool me 9009490 times? IDK who to blame! haha.

Here's hoping my Prattville boys can pull off a stunner & beat Central PC in the playoffs tonight...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Where would all the Fun be if someone in the SEC didn't have a laugh at AU's expense.  He is saving it for Signing day and the "Dramatic" flip. (Although I really hope not)

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Where would all the Fun be if someone in the SEC didn't have a laugh at AU's expense.  He is saving it for Signing day and the "Dramatic" flip. (Although I really hope not)

The Auburn staff will not let him go to signing day with Auburn being just a contender. He’ll either have to fully commit to Auburn before then or Auburn will let him go.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

The Auburn staff will not let him go to signing day with Auburn being just a contender. He’ll either have to fully commit to Auburn before then or Auburn will let him go.

Do you mean that he signs in December or he won't be a part of the class? Vibes I get don't certainly doesn't see him ending up at AU

7 minutes ago, fredst said:

Do you mean that he signs in December or he won't be a part of the class? Vibes I get don't certainly doesn't see him ending up at AU

February. Don’t think he’s an EE.

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

February. Don’t think he’s an EE.

Hard to see how we aren’t setting ourselves up again with the signals he’s sending. Seems like we would be a little less likely to put up with this stuff after Pickens shenanigans last year. I think the kid is good, wish he’d end up at AU but not giving me warm fuzzies

Edited by fredst

6 hours ago, fredst said:

Hard to see how we aren’t setting ourselves up again with the signals he’s sending. Seems like we would be a little less likely to put up with this stuff after Pickens shenanigans last year. I think the kid is good, wish he’d end up at AU but not giving me warm fuzzies

Letting him go soon if he doesn’t firm up and shut down his recruitment is anything but setting ourselves up again in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

So basically we're not getting him?

He’s not getting Auburn! FIFY!

1 minute ago, Hopsing said:

He’s not getting Auburn! FIFY!

Nah I'm not talking fantasy football; this is real life

Time to accept reality and move on here. This is just like Pickens and others in the recent past: “committed” but looking for any way to end up somewhere besides Auburn. Seems like cutting bait and spending our energy elsewhere would make more sense, just my uninformed opinion 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, fredst said:

Time to accept reality and move on here. This is just like Pickens and others in the recent past: “committed” but looking for any way to end up somewhere besides Auburn. Seems like cutting bait and spending our energy elsewhere would make more sense, just my uninformed opinion 

And has been said before this is pretty much what we are doing. We are still taking 1 more OL in the class which means the cutting bait of Cohen is immenent if it hasn't already happened. Unfortunately he's the only one that can go public on it by decommitting.

• Thanks 1