2020 4* OT Javion Cohen Has AU Offer Pulled! 12/11

Zeek

53 minutes ago, ellitor said:

He's won 3 State Championships & got screwed out of a 4th because there was no replay in 2009 to overturn a Hoover fumble that was a scoop n score for Prattville that was ruled an incomplete forward pass on a ball that went backwards out of the QB's hand. The laws of physics alone makes that a near impossibility. He's a damn good coach despite Wednesday's loss.

Oh trust me, I applaud him for his wins. I just was making a general statement!!

• Thanks 1

Are we going to get him. When are we going to hold the coaching staff accountable for not recruiting the Northwest part of the state like they should?

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

When are we going to hold the coaching staff accountable for not recruiting the Northwest part of the state like they should?

How exactly can fans hold coaches accountable for something like that.

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Are we going to get him.

maybe.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ellitor said:

How exactly can fans hold coaches accountable for something like that.

maybe.

Ok we're still in the running. As far as holding coaches responsible for recruiting.....you serious?

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

As far as holding coaches responsible for recruiting.....you serious?

Yes. The only power I know fans have is not coming to the games. They aren't going to stop coming to games because a staff underrecruits a geographical area.

• Like 1

Well, I hope he stays. If he doesn’t I like that we’ll potentially have some stud JUCO guys as well. Whatever he does I just hope it’s decided earlier than later.

48 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes. The only power I know fans have is not coming to the games. They aren't going to stop coming to games because a staff underrecruits a geographical area.

Oh ok E lol. 

• Angry 1

Still says he's 50/50 but still committed to AU. Will announce final decision on ENSD. Everything else was pro Bama. That was to be expected coming off an OV there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Sounds like another classic case of a guy that’s only staying committed to make us look bad when he “flips”. I almost wish we’d cut the cord at this point. Always disgusted when an Auburn commit is praising Bama.

• Like 2

If he's announcing his final decision on ENSD, then he's not a commitment, and he shouldn't be on our list of committed players. 

17 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

If he's announcing his final decision on ENSD, then he's not a commitment, and he shouldn't be on our list of committed players. 

Yeah, we don’t typically boot kids though. There’s a reason though we’ve continued to recruit a few OT’s.

11 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Fair but can't technically take him off the list til he says he's not committed.

21 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Fair but can't technically take him off the list til he says he's not committed.

True enough, but we are likely treating him as uncommitted.  I don't blame the kid for looking around if that's what he wants to do, but, he shouldn't play games.  Decommit now, and commit to your new school if that's what you want to do.   This fake drama with NSD "flips" is just classless.

2 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

he shouldn't play games.

& Neither should coaches but all do it to some extent. We had a good thorough discussion on this the past couple of days in this very thread. It started with the post below & continued a good ways onto the next page...

I don't blame the kid for looking at Bama, and taking a visit.  Their O-line recruiting is a little thin, and if they are moving on to him as Plan B, and he's good with that, then fine.  When he committed to us, I don't believe he expected a Bama offer.  Things change.  But dragging it out 'til signing day just isn't the right way to go about it.  At least, unlike Pickens, we know he's really not committed, so we can offer someone else, and I know we are chasing a few guys hard.  It would be ironic if signing day came and neither us or Bama had a scholly left for him.  (Not likely to happen, I know)

16 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

But dragging it out 'til signing day just isn't the right way to go about it

Why not? It is the designated day where every signee has a ceremony to celebrate the biggest decision in their lives to this point. If he feels good that he has a spot somewhere then it's his gamble to take. Just as it's Auburn's choice whether to cut him loose or not. Like I've said many times recruiting is a big game of chicken.

It's fine to wait until NSD if that's what you want to do.  But not if you have....you know.....already committed to a team.

37 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

It's fine to wait until NSD if that's what you want to do.  But not if you have....you know.....already committed to a team.

Again. Teams look around while still having commits so there Should be no problem for recruits to be committed to save a spot while looking around as well.

I don't recall any teams failing to honor a scholarship offer on NSD.   I don't necessarily blame a kid for looking around.  But that is different than deciding to change schools and then just waiting until NSD to announce it for a maximum "look at me" spotlight.  That's just classless.

1 minute ago, Cardin Drake said:

I don't recall any teams failing to honor a scholarship offer on NSD. 

Bammer did that to the Philon kid on signing day. He was sniffling, fighting back tears and signed a blank sheet of paper in his "ceremony". They wanted him to gray shirt but Arky offered him and he signed with them. That's the only case I know of where a school acted that badly. Leave it to UAT.

• Angry 1

I always laugh when people feel strongly about an 18 year old kid making the biggest decision in his life... like do y’all remember what you were like when you were 18? 

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

I always laugh when people feel strongly about an 18 year old kid making the biggest decision in his life... like do y’all remember what you were like when you were 18? 

And imagine making  those choices while complete strangers are tweeting at you about it, millionaire coaches are pressuring you, you can't go out to eat with some dumbass telling you how great you are and how great his favorite school is... Yeesh. No thanks.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1