2020 4* OT Javion Cohen Has AU Offer Pulled! 12/11

Zeek

• Angry 1

Why is he choosing between 2 schools if he is already committed? 

I don't fault the kid at all for choosing alabama. It is his life. But for the life of me I don't understand why you say your committed to a school and then you are choosing on signing day? Just politely say "I want to say thanks to Auburn for recruiting me but at this point I want to open up my recruitment and take my time make the best decision I can make on signing day." 

It just seems like this is the better way to handle these situations instead of then inevitable flip... unless you want to do it out of spite. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I don't fault the kid at all for choosing alabama. It is his life. But for the life of me I don't understand why you say your committed to a school and then you are choosing on signing day? Just politely say "I want to say thanks to Auburn for recruiting me but at this point I want to open up my recruitment and take my time make the best decision I can make on signing day." 

It just seems like this is the better way to handle these situations instead of then inevitable flip... unless you want to do it out of spite. 

See pages 8 & 9.

10 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Some kids are mature and respectful, others are childish, selfish and play games.  Coaches should and normally do evaluate on maturity and what kind of teammate a recruit is gonna be.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Some kids are mature and respectful, others are childish, selfish and play games.  Coaches should and normally do evaluate on maturity and what kind of teammate a recruit is gonna be.  

Again, I am not going to judge the kid on his choice. It is his life and his choice. Good on him. I just think it could be handled better. I guess it is what it is. 

Behind the scenes I suspect the AU coaches have probably let him know he needs to move on at this point. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Again, I am not going to judge the kid on his choice. It is his life and his choice. Good on him. I just think it could be handled better. I guess it is what it is. 

Behind the scenes I suspect the AU coaches have probably let him know he needs to move on at this point. 

The AU coaches may have told him to move  on, but it still looks bad when they publicly don’t say anything and the kid goes out in front of a crowd or even on TV or the local nightly news and picks the Turds, when everyone knows he has been committed to AU for a long time. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Why the Tuscaloosa is Grimes still our OL coach?

Regardless he has no factor on Cohen flipping or opening up to it. This kid would be a candidate for it no matter who his recruiter is.

23 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Parents too. Let's not just throw kids under the bus here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

The AU coaches may have told him to move  on, but it still looks bad when they publicly don’t say anything

They can't say anything on recruits til recruits sign, specifically with that school.

26 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Why the Tuscaloosa is Grimes still our OL coach?

Let's keep such matters & discussion in the football forum & off the recruiting forum please.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Parents too. Let's not just throw kids under the bus here.

Parents can be the worst, no doubt.  I personally hate the ones trying to live or re-live their lives through their child.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

Parents can be the worst, no doubt.  I personally hate the ones trying to live or re-live their lives through their child.

It's terrible and has gotten worse the last few years

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

AU has opportunity now . 

About that...FWIW JLee doesn't expect Auburn to be an option for Cohen to be able to choose by ENSD.

• Like 1

So are we saying that AU coaches have likely told this guy to move on...yet he is still using AU to make it look as if he is actually making a decision next week...when in fact the decision has already been made for him?

38 minutes ago, ellitor said:

About that...FWIW JLee doesn't expect Auburn to be an option for Cohen to be able to choose by ENSD.

Wow. Good info .