2020 4* OT Javion Cohen Has AU Offer Pulled! 12/11

Zeek

I'm glad the coaches forced the issue, and this didn't linger til signing day.  Not hard to read the tea leaves on where this was headed.  But on a scale of 1-10 of low, this was a 4, and Pickens was an 11. Kid got a late Plan B Bama offer, and took it, and acted immaturely.  Pickens is a whole different level of low.

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Did you guys see the Snapchat he posted....supposed to be to "gusbus" and it said " Coach I want to talk to you about decommitting"....reply was "Ill be free at noon call me".....????

Was discussed earlier in the thread.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Because it was telegraphed. We all saw it coming.

Lolol....my question was rhetorical. Did not mean this as a real question. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

Brad is talking about George's grade struggles. That had been well documented in his thread but the kid pulled through on that part.

Well there's new stuff out about potential current academic issues, not the ones he had prior to college.  Since this isn't confirmed, I won't go further.

lol.  The headline for the story on this in al.com is '4-star lineman decommits from Auburn, commits to Alabama'.  Here's in interesting little nugget from that article:

In addition to announcing his commitment, Cohen also addressed reports from earlier Wednesday that said Auburn had pulled his scholarship offer.  In response to that, Cohen posted a picture of an apparent text exchange with Tigers Coach Gus Malzahn from Sunday, which is where he apparently decommitted.

Central-Phenix City OT Javion Cohen shares his account of what happened with Auburn:  "They were upset (after I decommited) and sent reports saying my offer was pulled.  I have no respect for that university at all, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual."

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2019/12/four-star-lineman-decommits-from-auburn-commits-to-alabama.html

Edited by triangletiger
  • Facepalm 1
  • Angry 1

17 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

As much as I respect you E I am not believing that after we were getting an overflow 4 and 5 star recruits on the oline just a few years ago that CGM would handcuff our oline coach from recruiting quality HS olinemen. That just don't make sense.

I'll say this in general, rather than addressing a specific person/persons or situation. People hear things and post them here in good faith. Sometimes those things make sense and sometimes they seem absurd. When one of the absurd things comes along, I take it with several gains of salt.

• Like 3

I love that we have a head coach who played his season opener against a big time opponent with the most jackassed laffy taffy offensive game plan the SEC has seen maybe ever, and now we hear something improbably we're all like, "No, that sounds crazy, he'd never do that."

Gus does not have a normal brain and I can't imagine what further proof y'all need to accept that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, twilli13 said:

Lolol....my question was rhetorical. Did not mean this as a real question. 

My bad. Sorry for Sheldoning.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

So MLB just partnered with WWE this morning, thought that might interest you!

Not much of a MLB fan anymore outside the Braves & Cubs. And I can't even watch a 3 hour version of their games anymore. I have to record them & fast forward through each at bat so I don't get bored.

21 hours ago, ellitor said:

We have never gotten an overflow of 4/5* OL in any class in Gus' HC tenure. The 1 year we had an adequate amount was when Hand was here. He's a much better closer than JB. If you don't believe me on this then believe WDE. The info came from him & as we know he is very well connected.

You are correct. 2012 was the year I was referring to. I apologize

4 hours ago, triangletiger said:

lol.  The headline for the story on this in al.com is '4-star lineman decommits from Auburn, commits to Alabama'.  Here's in interesting little nugget from that article:

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2019/12/four-star-lineman-decommits-from-auburn-commits-to-alabama.html

Can I call him names without getting in trouble?

Seriously, acting like he has the upper hand in the situation by showing something that could easily be faked without much effort then saying he has no respect for our program? I want to tear into this kid but I know we don't typically allow it. He's moved below Pickens on my respect meter. Hope Alabama enjoys having such a negative influence in their locker room. Good riddance.

Screw al.com, we pulled the offer and had essentially moved on from him for a minute now. Everyone knew what was happening he's just crying and making stuff up because we took all the attention away from his 'announcement'. I'm sure it's all orchestrated by the REC.

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Seriously, acting like he has the upper hand in the situation by showing something that could easily be faked without much effort then saying he has no respect for our program? I want to tear into this kid but I know we don't typically allow it. He's moved below Pickens on my respect meter. Hope Alabama enjoys having such a negative influence in their locker room. Good riddance.

Just let it go, bro.  As the father of teenage boys, he's still in what I would refer to as his 'knucklehead' stage of life.  Some boys grow out of it sooner than others.

Edited by triangletiger
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

Just let it go, bro.  As the father of teenage boys, he's still in what I would refer to as his 'knucklehead' stage of life.  Some boys grow out of it sooner than others.

Valid point. I think it's more frustrating when it benefits the corrupt program to the north of us.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

No. I have edited out names others have called him in the thread in the past day.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

No. I have edited out names others have called him in the thread in the past day day.

I've already cooled down. Nothing past PG would have been said anyways! It's his third time committing to a school and I think he made an extremely poor choice. That's the last I care to say about him or the situation. Glad it's all played out early enough for us to move forward.

I'll say the same thing I said elsewhere:

Alabama and UGA both try to stage one of these kabuki theater deals every recruiting cycle to make Auburn look bad.  Aaron Suttles said on the radio today that he understood why we pulled it, but that he hated we "ruined his moment." We do not owe a kid one of these kinds of "moments" when they come at our expense. If you want a "moment," then don't commit until you've made a final decision then surprise everyone. But you don't get to manipulate theatrics just so a rival can play the PR/optics game.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

On 5/29/2019 at 9:41 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Gus finally caved in and let Grimes offer.

Well well well...ole Gus caved...maybe he should quit caving and we won't waste our time on flippers.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

21 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Well well well...ole Gus caved...maybe he should quit caving and we won't waste our time on flippers.

Or he should so we don't sign 1-3 high school OL in a class like we have the past few classes before this one.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Or he should so we don't sign 1-3 high school OL in a class like we have the past few classes before this one.

I just thought it was ironic...Gus ignores good advice for years, then when he follows it, it still bites him.

• Like 1

giphy-24.gif

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1