2020 4* OT Javion Cohen Has AU Offer Pulled! 12/11

Zeek

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Is it really such a great opportunity to play OL here? 

I would say yes.  We have the ability to make you play to the best of your potential.  Grimes can do that.  The issue is with this year and last year, they have hit their ceiling and there is no way to raise that ceiling.  That is what you want in a program.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Zeek said:

we can't afford to lose a guy like Cohen.

Not sure the staff agrees since they are prepared to shop if he shops instead of desperately trying to keep him from shopping.

21 minutes ago, Zeek said:

likely have the quickest road into being a starter right now

May not be true in Cohen's eyes. One of the reasons he's looking around is because we have 2 juco OTs committed.

17 minutes ago, Zeek said:

We'll put three into the draft this year at least. 

1, maybe 2, with Tega & Harrell.

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Tega, maybe Harrell and...?

Driscoll 

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Will not get drafted.

I bet you a crisp $1 he will lol

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

May not be true in Cohen's eyes. One of the reasons he's looking around is because we have 2 juco OTs committed.

Why did I have it in my head that he's a center? Still thinking about the other guy from last year, I guess.

Um, yeah, what you said. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Why did I have it in my head that he's a center? Still thinking about the other guy from last year, I guess.

Um, yeah, what you said. 

Tate Johnson is the one in the class who could end up at C.

45 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Word. Thanks. 

Hoping all these guys are mean. 

They are for sure a different bunch than 2015’s haul of OL. 

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

They are for sure a different bunch than 2015’s haul of OL. 

Look, if you're just going to tell me what I want to hear... then please post more often.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Look, if you're just going to tell me what I want to hear... then please post more often.

Hahahahaha. I miss posting if I’m honest. 

I think Driscoll has a chance at being a late round guy. He has the length. He’s better in college than King Dunlap was. Dunlap lost his starting gig; then, he ended starting for the Eagles. Ya never know. 

I hope Cohen sticks. We both need each other. Like it or not, we need him. He’s a talented dude at a position with little depth. It would be a bigger loss in my view than Simpson. And whether he thinks it or not, he needs a year or two. This is the perfect situation for him to play behind a JUCO or upperclassman (Trox), take a redshirt, and learn the position. It’s a great fit. I hope it sticks. 

I am the Auburn Central game. So far I am more impressed with the right tackle #57 Jones than I am with #55 Cohen. Hey don’t get me wrong both are doing good cause the RB for Central is carving up Auburn in the 1st half. But the defensive ends for Auburn are giving up at least 75lbs on Cohens side and 40 - 50 lbs on Jones side. Best guess. 

10 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

I am the Auburn Central game. So far I am more impressed with the right tackle #57 Jones than I am with #55 Cohen. Hey don’t get me wrong both are doing good cause the RB for Central is carving up Auburn in the 1st half. But the defensive ends for Auburn are giving up at least 75lbs on Cohens side and 40 - 50 lbs on Jones side. Best guess. 

You can't say all that & not give us a score. It's an important game.

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

You can't say all that & not give us a score. It's an important game.

Sorry 20-7 at half, and AU starting QB took a vicious hit late in the second will have to wait and see if he comes back. Central has been hit with I guess about 4 or 5 unsportsmanlike penalty’s so far. Size wise centrals players overall are bigger than Auburn’s for what it’s worth. The score could be worse I think if not for the help of the penalties on Central stopping some drives, most of them have been due to Central running their mouths after plays.  

5 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

due to Central running their mouths after plays.  

Normal for them. Dubose is a great dude but his players are something else 

• 2 weeks later...

We just got a commitment from JUCO #2 O Brendan Coffey tonight.  Hope Cohen stays but if not we’ve got Coffey, Zierer, and Buskey coming at OT.