2020 4* OT Javion Cohen Has AU Offer Pulled! 12/11

Zeek

4 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

What’s up with this kid ?? AU is wide open and in need of play makers 

If he decides to decommit it will be because he doesn’t like the number of OT’s we have in the class. Bama and LSU are his other favorites but word is he’s not a take for either team right now.

He almost seems to be daring AU to pull his offer. Of course, he's also the only true OT commitment from a HS player we have so.....
I think AU needs to really consider just forgetting Central PC. For all the talent that is there it just seems to be nothing but a headache recruiting their players.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

If he decides to decommit it will be because he doesn’t like the number of OT’s we have in the class. Bama and LSU are his other favorites but word is he’s not a take for either team right now.

He needs to look at the long picture the OT's are JC Players that gives him time to develop and be a starter for 3 years. Redshirt as a Freshman get stronger and learn the system. Get some PT as Redshirt Freshman second year and if he has developed a starter for next three years. In most cases O-Line need to Redshirt 1st year.

12 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

What’s up with this kid ?? AU is wide open and in need of play makers 

We've had poor success with getting players from the PC/Columbus area for decades. We do get one every now and then but between the DullDawgs and the REC, the "anywhere but Auburn" crew works overtime against us in that area. It's a large population place and we should do better, but we simply never have. Maybe it's too close to home for some, I don't know about that.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mikey said:

We've had poor success with getting players from the PC/Columbus area for decades. We do get one every now and then but between the DullDawgs and the REC, the "anywhere but Auburn" crew works overtime against us in that area. It's a large population place and we should do better, but we simply never have. Maybe it's too close to home for some, I don't know about that.

For us to be the second/third largest city in Gerogia... the amount of football talent in the area is small other than Central (in Alabama) and the occasional Carver player. Baseball talent is a little different.

Most Auburn people here are upper class people, most of whom do not produce good football players hahaha.

Edited by ClaytonAU

1 minute ago, Auburn Kev said:

???? 

Whether he sticks or not he’s playing the game. That’s my reply to your question marks. Of coarse he could be turning our coaches off the way he’s handling his recruitment.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Our staff doesn’t play with that honestly. I don’t think LSU or Bama will take him. 

Just wasn’t sure if you had heard anything from some of your connections down that way.

30 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Just wasn’t sure if you had heard anything from some of your connections down that way.

Pretty much the same stuff that Keith and others have said. The issue has and will be Bama’s been in his ear. Family is pro-Bama IIRC. 

3 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Lineman that play games are the ones to avoid.  Their craft takes commitment and dedication with little recognition.  IMO

good point

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Very ill advised move on his part given he is likely not a take for Bama.

I get the feeling he's not concerned. Either he really doesn't want to come to AU or he thinks he's got leverage to do as he wishes. And he may, I don't know. What do you think here, E?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CR said:

I get the feeling he's not concerned. Either he really doesn't want to come to AU or he thinks he's got leverage to do as he wishes. And he may, I don't know. What do you think here, E?

Every kid from that high school since broussard has jumped through Many hoops to ensure they don't go to AU! Lol. Hurts but it's the truth. They all use us up for several games during the season so they can get tickets.

• Angry 1

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Every kid from that high school since broussard has jumped through Many hoops to ensure they don't go to AU! Lol. Hurts but it's the truth. They all use us up for several games during the season so they can get tickets.

Benton probably would’ve came to AU had the $$$ been bigger 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Benton probably would’ve came to AU had the $$$ been bigger 

Hahaha that recruitment turned in a day!!! It was so blatant what happened. Has he done anything in West Vance? Has he transfered out yet?

I just want to say I am not mad AT ALL about Ross. He made the absolute correct decision going to WR U.Let me take off my orange and blue tinted glasses and admit it would of been a bad move to come to AU. We all know the history of Gus with big time WR talents....

Edited by GwillMac6

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Committed to us but 50-50? Kick rocks. Don’t go public saying you’re 50-50 and one school doesn’t even have you as a ‘take’. He needs to appreciate his spot with Auburn and focus on his senior year less than this drama. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If Cohen is 50-50 he's uncommitted to AU which means decommitted to me. We've had a few recruits over the years that stay "committed" in case they can't get a better deal.  I don't think our coaches like those games.  That being said I hope this kid sees the light before it's too late.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, autan said:

If Cohen is 50-50 he's uncommitted to AU which means decommitted to me. We've had a few recruits over the years that stay "committed" in case they can't get a better deal.  I don't think our coaches like those games.  That being said I hope this kid sees the light before it's too late.

Especially when it’s some bull crap to ultimately make us look bad by flipping to the Turds of the north.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CR said:

Not sure about the leverage thing. I just get the impression he thinks he's a day 1 starter & thus isn't crazy about the juco OTs we have coming in.