2020 4* OT Javion Cohen Has AU Offer Pulled! 12/11

Zeek

JLee thinks we have a 50-50 shot at keeping Cohen. Mom wants him at AU. Saban visited him yesterday. Gus & JB visit him today. OVing Bama this weekend.

54 minutes ago, ellitor said:

JLee thinks we have a 50-50 shot at keeping Cohen. Mom wants him at AU. Saban visited him yesterday. Gus & JB visit him today. OVing Bama this weekend.

Dad wants him at UA

• Like 1

Javo the Great doesn't look as big as I thought he was.  Maybe Gus has just gotten a little bigger after Iron Bowl.

9 minutes ago, autan said:

Javo the Great doesn't look as big as I thought he was.  Maybe Gus has just gotten a little bigger after Iron Bowl.

Gustav is one tall dude. He is 6 ft 3 or 4.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Gustav is one tall dude. He is 6 ft 3 or 4.

Yeah Gus is tall. Even with oline or dline recruits, he’s still eye to eye with them in pictures 

31 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

It’s telling that OLine recruits aren’t jumping to come here. They could start year one. That’s usually a pretty good push for them to come to our side. 

Not sure many could start year one. There will be a talent upgrade from the guys on roster competing to start as well as the Jucos coming in. Also this is a pretty weak class for OL‘s.

1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

Grimes looks much younger these days. 

Lol. That’s Central Coach Jamey DuBose.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, autan said:

Gus did order extra bacon and added a waffle post iron bowl meal. 🤔

• Haha 2

On 12/2/2019 at 1:04 PM, bg5 said:

I think we just have bad luck with any kid who has a handle like the Great or the Goat. Wasn't Pickens something like George the great or George the Goat like Javo the Great.

Yeah that handle is enough to DQ him imo. 

I hope we manage to keep him. We need a Freshman capable of playing tackle as it looks like we will be having Juco OT's so it would give him time to get better as a Redshirt  and then fit is as a starter a year or two later. Kid is from an area that we have not done well in so that is probably why he has not been as positive as some would like. This could slowly help us in that area if he comes here and does well after a while.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

I know.  And I know you know everyone in Prattville wishes they had him..... right?

Jamey Dubose just got boat raced in the state championship in Jordan-Hare. 

Don't like that media continues to call him an Auburn commit. I know he hasn't made any "formal statement" yet but I think it's bogus to call yourself committed to a school and not be fully committed to going to that school. Sign of the times I guess.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Don't like that media continues to call him an Auburn commit. I know he hasn't made any "formal statement" yet but I think it's bogus to call yourself committed to a school and not be fully committed to going to that school. Sign of the times I guess.

All due respect, it's been a sign of the times for years now. And keep in mind that it's a two way street. Almost all commitments are conditional in this business. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, McLoofus said:

All due respect, it's been a sign of the times for years now. And keep in mind that it's a two way street. Almost all commitments are conditional in this business. 

Exactly.  He used to be a South Carolina commit.  We were thrilled to flip him then...   

• Like 1

Gus & JB needs to hang on this young man as well as our other commitments. Seems like every year when get top players, that other school get them to flip on signing day or a few days before. If they keep this up, Gus and staff should try to flip some of their commitments.