2020 4* LB Cam Riley Commits to AU!

Zeek

Boom boom booming boom 💥!

Who do y’all think will get the other spot? Wesley or Tisdol or Webb(May be a buck), or do we take four? I’m sure TWill wants four!

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 4* OLB Cam Riley Commits to AU!
  • ellitor pinned this topic
3 hours ago, AU82 said:

Now we’re looking better.  Still need a couple more linebackers.  

Not sure we'll take a couple more. We have 2 now. TWill said in an interview the other day he was told he was getting 3 LBs total. There's a chance at a 4th but he's been told 3 as of now..

Edited by ellitor

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Need two more in this class

You'll have to take that up with Gus & Steele. Likely not getting 2 more true LBs unless you are going to count Phillip Webb (if we land him) who we are recruiting as a Stand Up Buck as a true LB.

Huge 'get' - welcome CAM - Boom!

31 minutes ago, AU82 said:

So, we would take Tisdol or Groce at LB and Webb at Buck?

One of the of Tisdol, or Wesley Steiner. Not sure who’s higher  on the staff’s board of the 2 but both are higher than Groce. 

And as of now yes.

Edited by ellitor

Twill is coming through. Welcome aboard CAM and War Eagle.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

You'll have to take that up with Gus & Steele. Likely not getting 2 more true LBs unless you are going to count Phillip Webb (if we land him) who we are recruiting as a Stand Up Buck as a true LB.

They've been ripping off a LB to play DE in recent classes. See the sadly departed Jubinor. If that's to continue, we better sign four.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

They've been ripping off a LB to play DE in recent classes. See the sadly departed Jubinor. If that's to continue, we better sign four.

Don't we only have 2 true LB spots with this defensive scheme? We are trying to get some of our most talented players on the field.

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Don't we only have 2 true LB spots with this defensive scheme? We are trying to get some of our most talented players on the field.

Saw a breakdown recently, I believe by your beloved T-Will, that stated we have the three true LB's set on the field about 40% of the time. I should have book marked it because this keeps coming up over and over.

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Saw a breakdown recently, I believe by your beloved T-Will, that stated we have the three true LB's set on the field about 40% of the time. I should have book marked it because this keeps coming up over and over.

And when exactly does he become YOUR BELIVED T WILL SIR?!?!??!

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

And when exactly does he become YOUR BELIVED T WILL SIR?!?!??!

I love 'em all as long as they are playing/coaching at AU. However, I don't do man crushes. If I could figure out what defensive coach was responsible for letting UT score 30 on us when they could only rack up 14 on Charleston, I might love that one slightly less. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

I love 'em all as long as they are playing/coaching at AU. However, I don't do man crushes. If I could figure out what defensive coach was responsible for letting UT score 30 on us when they could only rack up 14 on Charleston, I might love that one slightly less. :)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA come on MIKE WE ALL see your posts on here about a certain coach! We all know that is not true.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA come on MIKE WE ALL see your posts on here about a certain coach! We all know that is not true.

Gus? I support Gus 100%. Same as I support T-Will 100%. I'm not afraid to support any of our coaches when they deserve supporting, even when the pack is howling at their heels. Start unjustified criticism of T-Will and you'll see my posts supporting him too.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Gus? I support Gus 100%. Same as I support T-Will 100%. I'm not afraid to support any of our coaches when they deserve supporting, even when the pack is howling at their heels. Start unjustified criticism of T-Will and you'll see my posts supporting him too.

IMPOSSIBLE!!! He has a 97% (AND DESERVEDLY SO I MIGHT ADD) Approval rating!!! lol. I love when you say the Pack. A angel gets his wings anytime you say it. 

er.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

I approve of both Gus and T-Will. Both have a 100% rating with me. I like that picture of the howling pack, it's an apt representation!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

Wonder why bama isn't after him

They flipped 2 of our former commits who were LB's and got a 5 star LB to boot. I am sure they were after him at some point though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Don't we only have 2 true LB spots with this defensive scheme?

Yes. As Steele labels them we have a MONEY & a WILL we use on all plays & on 20% of plays we use a STAR backer.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

They flipped 2 of our former commits who were LB's and got a 5 star LB to boot. I am sure they were after him at some point though.

And we may get Webb because they took Q. I think they look at them at the same position as we do. For them the Jack. For us the Buck.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

It was Steele that said it and he said about 80-90% of the time they play with 2 LB.

I quoted it for you earlier if you want to find it.

• Like 1