2020 4* LB Wesley Steiner Commits To Auburn!

toddc

9 Offers including AU, Stanford, LSU, Bama, & Michigan St.
AU/Stanford battle with AU trending
History says if he gets admitted into Stanford they may be tough to beat

Auburn a finalist for 4-star LB

By Keith Niebuhr
9155710.png?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs
Wesley Steiner is a 4-star backer from Georgia. (Photo: J. Garcia, Jr., 247Sports)

Auburn has made the final four for one of the top defensive recruits in the South.

Four-star linebacker Wesley Steiner of Warner Robins (Ga.) Houston County released his finalists Thursday via Twitter and here's who made the cut: Auburn, LSU, Stanford and Georgia Tech.

The 5-feet-11.5, 220-pound Steiner is the No. 12 recruit in Georgia and checks in at No. 109 nationally in the industry generated 247Sports Composite, which also factors in the rankings from ESPN and Rivals. 247Sports has Steiner as the No. 73 recruit in the country.

Auburn has visited Steiner's school twice this spring. Offensive coorindator Kenny Dillingham is his area recruiter. Linebackers coach Travis Williams and defensive coordinator Kevin Steele also have been extremely active in this recruitment, as you'd expect.

“One reason I like Auburn so much is the atmosphere there,” Steiner told Auburn Undercover recently. “I went there when they played LSU last year. I love (Williams). He’s just that guy. Once a kid gets around him, they’ll understand. If you give him a moment to get to know him.”

Here's what we are hearing about this recruitment ...

Although there are no Crystal Ball picks in yet for Steiner, Stanford is thought to be the clear favorite at this time. While he's an excellent student, getting admitted into Stanford never is easy. Meantime, Auburn appears to be the program closest to the Cardinal in this recruitment. Steiner visited the Tigers earlier this year and according to our sources he plans to return June 1 for Big Cat Weekend.

Georgia potentially could be someone else to watch. The Bulldogs visited Steiner's school this spring but as of now have not offered.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 2

Nope! No thread on him yet, the 2020 threads have just now started to be created. If you could, change the title to:

2020 4* LB Wesley Steiner

https://247sports.com/Player/Wesley-Steiner-46058419/

steiner.PNG

Worth noting, it looks like he's a state champion in discus. Maybe our relationship with Auburn Track & Field might be an additional draw. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SlocombTiger said:

I literally laughed out loud when I read that. Thanks JDUBB

WAR EAGLE!!!

Haaaaa. With a name like Steiner . He better be on the A Team . The Auburn Tigers 

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Is he kin to Scott and rick Steiner ?

I had forgotten about the Big Bad Bootie Daddy. How many on here do you think will actually get that reference?

WAR EAGLE!!!

7 minutes ago, SlocombTiger said:

I had forgotten about the Big Bad Bootie Daddy. How many on here do you think will actually get that reference?

WAR EAGLE!!!

Very few . Listen I’m big poppa pump . I got the hook up, holla if you hear me 

Edited by JDUBB4AU
  • Like 2

Man, I always thought that if you stuck him with a straight pin he would pop like a balloon. Hell of a showman in his prime. Both were VERY  athletic. 

Sorry for the hijacking. 

Back to WESLEY. 

WAR EAGLE!!!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Sometime this summer. Still a little ways to go but T-Will has us out front pretty big right now.

Great news. Thanks 

WAR EAGLE!!!

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Sometime this summer. Still a little ways to go but T-Will has us out front pretty big right now.

Would be a tremendous get! Could definitely use the recruiting momentum.

captainobvious.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

My gosh his highlights are incredible. Elite SEC speed already and even saw him knock a few OTs on their butts! Wow, pull him on in T-Will!!

His interest in Stanford also implies he's a sharp kid. Could be a major get to pair next to Owen Pappoe

On 5/23/2019 at 5:07 PM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

AU. 

I have grown to trust your picks about recruits! Keep up the good work.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Hope we land Wesley.

Oh you haven't heard?

• Haha 1