2020 4* LB Wesley Steiner Commits To Auburn!

toddc

Some folks doing good work on recruiting linebackers......hope all of these hold up. but I appreciate his comment about Gus and AUburn….obviously some other schools raising that issue in the way of negative recruiting. 

11 hours ago, AU64 said:

Some folks doing good work on recruiting linebackers......hope all of these hold up. but I appreciate his comment about Gus and AUburn….obviously some other schools raising that issue in the way of negative recruiting. 

Agree. I don't see how anybody can give our coaches a bad review right now on recruiting. They are really putting in the work, and we are finally getting some better talent committed. Now if we can close strong we'll be fine. It's dog eat dog and cat eat cat out there right now.

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’d bet my nail on a top 8 class, presuming the offensive line needs are met with non 1 stars

What's sad a top 8 class could still make you third to fifth best in the SEC.  Maybe even third or fourth best in Western Division of SEC (Bama, LSU, A&M).

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’d bet my nail on a top 8 class, presuming the offensive line needs are met with non 1 stars

A lot of things will change like player rankings but if we land all the guys we are in our known best spot for, the class would project to finish between 7th & 9th. Takes a lot of breaks going our way. Going to have to land Bigsby, Webb, Pegues, McKinnley Jackson, Pouncey, Kendall Dennis, & Tennison, plus get ratings bumps for our jucos when ESPN & Rivals rate jucos, & win 9 or more games to minimize staff turnover giving the class the best chance to stay in tact. A lot of ifs & buts in there for us to have our Merry Christmas.

• Like 2

On 7/3/2019 at 8:29 PM, ellitor said:

Man the next time The Plainsman comes to this thread is going to break his phone or his computer, which ever he’s looking at the thread on. LOL

That’s pretty funny.  I have just decided to thumb down them all.   Hope you had a great 4th E. 

31 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Don’t tell that to @ellitor he wants to hear nothing of it.  

No. I'm actually open minded about things.

28 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

That’s pretty funny.

You think it's funny but face palmed the post. Not logical.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

vFodZjc.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

I don’t know what your problem is,  but you deleted all of the earlier wrestling gifs and discussion,  yet then allowed them to keep rolling and then @ me to note I would not be thrilled about it.   I get back on here to see your call out and thought it was funny and thought I would shoot the same shot your way.  Your “open mindedness” is actually somewhat closed imo when considering someone else’s opinion on your beloved gifs of guys (wresting actors) in nut huggers parading post over and over.   One can laugh at things they do not like and your suggesting differently is another example of not being open minded.   

Edited by The Plainsman
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

A lot of things will change like player rankings but if we land all the guys we are in our known best spot for, the class would project to finish between 7th & 9th. Takes a lot of breaks going our way. Going to have to land Bigsby, Webb, Pegues, McKinnley Jackson, Pouncey, Kendall Dennis, & Tennison, plus get ratings bumps for our jucos when ESPN & Rivals rate jucos, & win 9 or more games to minimize staff turnover giving the class the best chance to stay in tact. A lot of ifs & buts in there for us to have our Merry Christmas.

itd be a damn shame if the staff finally got stream lined to meet every need (presuming Kendal Simmons will be replacing old man Grimes soon) and one bad season cooked them

12 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

I don’t know what your problem is,  but you deleted all of the earlier wrestling gifs and discussion,  yet then allowed them to keep rolling and then @ me to note I would not be thrilled about it.   I get back on here to see your call out and thought it was funny and thought I would shoot the same shot your way.  Your “open mindedness” is actually somewhat closed imo when considering someone else’s opinion on your beloved gifs of guys (wresting actors) in nut huggers parading post over and over.   One can laugh at things they do not like and your suggesting differently is another example of not being open minded.   

Relax @The Plainsman. There was no venom or Ill intent in my post. I don’t have a problem. It was just an observation & my posts was meant to be seen as good natured ribs.  It wasn’t so much gifs that I deleted in the earlier conversation as it was the conversation itself had changed to wrestling  which is separate from the thread topic. That’s why the conversation  and associated GIFs were deleted. This group of GIFs even though a lot has Scott Steiner in them are focused either on Wesley Steiners commitment or Auburn football. That’s not getting away from the topic so they’re staying.  I @ed  you for a good natured rib. I was picking on you a bit but nothing mean.  Being part of an online community means if you’re going to dish some things out you are going to have to be willing to take things in return such as harmless ribs. Look at me. I get jabbed or ribbed often and I’ve gotten a lot better how to deal with it. I Either roll with the flow or if the jab or rib bothers me I ignore it. We know full well you hate wrestling with a passion which is fine. But when you make such a big deal about it you were going to get ribbed on it even when one of our coaches puts a wrestling GIF in a tweet about the commitment.  It’s the same way we all pick on Mikey for the disagreements we have with him.  We don’t have ill intent at or bad feelings towards Mikey. They’re just good natured ribs. I’m not going to address the rest of the post you made because it makes no sense to me other than saying it sounds like you’ve misinterpreted me and what I was presenting a good bit. I’m not going to put in the effort to try to alleviate not understanding the rest of the post. In closing I just hope you’re more willing to see ribs as humorous and not delve into such a serious deep discussion so we can have more fun with each other.  You are a good poster and I like you. Our differing opinions wasn’t worth all this and should not have made such a serious discussion.  It’s time for us to agree & accept there is a different opinion and If we can’t rib each other about it, move on

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

presuming Kendal Simmons will be replacing old man Grimes soon

Nowhere near a given that Simmons will be the one to replace Grimes when he retires FWIW.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Relax @The Plainsman. There was no venom or Ill intent in my post. I don’t have a problem. It was just an observation & my posts was meant to be seen as good natured ribs.  It wasn’t so much gifs that I deleted in the earlier conversation as it was the conversation itself had changed to wrestling  which is separate from the thread topic. That’s why the conversation  and associated GIFs were deleted. This group of GIFs even though a lot has Scott Steiner in them are focused either on Wesley Steiners commitment or Auburn football. That’s not getting away from the topic so they’re staying.  I @ed  you for a good natured rib. I was picking on you a bit but nothing mean.  Being part of an online community means if you’re going to dish some things out you are going to have to be willing to take things in return such as harmless ribs. Look at me. I get jabbed or ribbed often and I’ve gotten a lot better how to deal with it. I Either roll with the flow or if the jab or rib bothers me I ignore it. We know full well you hate wrestling with a passion which is fine. But when you make such a big deal about it you were going to get ribbed on it even when one of our coaches puts a wrestling GIF in a tweet about the commitment.  It’s the same way we all pick on Mikey for the disagreements we have with him.  We don’t have ill intent at or bad feelings towards Mikey. They’re just good natured ribs. I’m not going to address the rest of the post you made because it makes no sense to me other than saying it sounds like you’ve misinterpreted me and what I was presenting a good bit. I’m not going to put in the effort to try to alleviate not understanding the rest of the post. In closing I just hope you’re more willing to see ribs as humorous and not delve into such a serious deep discussion so we can have more fun with each other.  You are a good poster and I like you. Our differing opinions wasn’t worth all this and should not have made such a serious discussion.  It’s time for us to agree & accept there is a different opinion and If we can’t rob each other about it, move on

Hatchet buried.   Thanks E.  I do still reserve the right to thumb down the wrestling gifs,  in all good nature and fun manner.  

Back to Steiner,   Glad we got him!   

• Like 4

'I’m getting on the field one way or another’: Auburn commit Wesley Steiner discusses future

Coming off his sophomore season, Wesley Steiner said he wanted to avoid visiting colleges and going to camps. He felt like he “wasn’t ready to be offered a chance.” He wanted to go to camps with an opportunity to be offered. He didn’t want to go, just for the sake of being there.

In that summer, though, he decided to attend an Auburn camp. And before he did, on Twitter, he made a post that read he’d be coming to AU and tagged linebackers coach Travis Williams.

“I got there and he was like, ‘Wait you’re that kid who said something on Twitter.’ And I was like, ‘Woah, woah woah, he looks at his Twitter,'" Steiner recalled. "I was not expecting that. And I was like, ‘Yessir, I’m that guy, I’m looking.’ And he said, ‘I’m looking too. Maybe we might find something.'”

It was later that camp that Steiner was offered by Auburn. And now more than a year later, with Steiner as one of the top-rated prospects in the country, the offer was accepted on July 2. Though he’s listed as an athlete that plays both running back and linebacker, he’s expected to play LB for the Tigers.

“I know how it works in the SEC, it’s very difficult to play both sides of the ball," Steiner said. "I would love it now if they wanted to put me at tailback or at the quarterback if they wanted to run Wildcat.”

He’s a 6-foot, 220-pound athlete that is fleet of foot. In fact, he will continue his track and discuss career in his senior season, and has his eyes set on continuing it while at AU, too.

Basically, the size, speed and athleticism for the HS junior mean his options at Auburn seem pretty unlimited at the moment.

“I was, again being selfish, and knowing about the recruiting process, in my head beforehand, I’m thinking in my head, I’m not gonna go to the school unless they let me run track too," Steiner said, while acknowledging he first needs to prove to the track team he’s worthy of a shot to be on the team.

Even though he hopes to get to around 235 pounds, his hope is to remain quick, even with the added weight.

“As his body’s developed, I believe just body-type wise, the linebacker is what he really can be explosive in,” said his Houston County High School coach Ryan Crawford. “He’s a really good running back. He obviously can hit the home run and out-run people. ... But he’s just a good football player, he’s a guy you want on your team.”

Coming from the same school that produced University of Georgia standouts Jake Fromm and Trey Hill — there’s a budding belief that Steiner has that same star-power ability.

When asked about the developing young line-backing core that’s being developed at Auburn with Steiner, Trenton Simpson, Cam Riley and current freshman Owen Pappoe — Steiner immediately spoke in a thoughtful analogy.

“A lot of raw materials," Steiner said. "And you get to craft those raw materials into something usable for a good sailing ship. Very pretty. Very efficient. That’s really how I see it.”

Simpson and Steiner decided on Tuesday that they’re going to send each other’s game tape to the other throughout the season, so they can break it down and critique it.

“Me personally, being with Trenton and [LB target] Phillip Webb, I know they’ll be great teammates," Steiner said. "And they’re not buttholes. Otherwise, I don’t think Auburn would have recruited them, I don’t think they would have recruited me either, if I was a butthole. Because that’s one thing I can’t stand, just people being mean.”

Steiner will sign early with Auburn in December, but does not plan to enroll until next summer. Steiner’s size and speed make him unique. It allows for him to be a stealth tackler in the middle of a defense. It allows him to have breakaway ability on offense.

It allows him to play football. It allows him throw discuss, and probably play a whole lot of other sports that there frankly isn’t enough time to play. Still, that versatility allows him to have one very important thing — a confidence that he’ll contribute.

“You can put this out there,” Steiner said. “I’m getting on the field one way or another to help the team.”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Did he let the cat out of the bag with the Webb quote?!?

No. He played with him at the opening. He basically means if Webb chooses AU. He still appears to be leaning to LSU.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

"And they’re not buttholes."

Kids say the darnedest things. 

Actually, this is the kind of kid we've started getting more of and I love it. Good kids, but also open, honest and entertaining kids. I WANT SOUND BITES. And I'm not going to get them from the head coach. 

• Like 1

The staff has done a great job recruiting quality athletes who are also quality people.   Steiner epitomizes this; and I will be rooting hard for him.  I love the atmosphere the coaches are creating.

• Like 3

• ellitor unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

This clip makes me happy. Like, it's not even about the number 405 or that this kid committed to us. It's just cool to see young folks accomplishing things and being happy for each other and having fun with it and what not.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

This clip makes me happy. Like, it's not even about the number 405 or that this kid committed to us. It's just cool to see young folks accomplishing things and being happy for each other and having fun with it and what not.

I'm sorry Plainsman but a Steiner throwin it up like that & looking like he can do more is Big Pappa Pump gif worthy...

f4cdea4fb5221d26d9b7ef8dc6428a944efc3746

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Dislike 1

14 hours ago, McLoofus said:

405# power clean?!?!?!  Before his senior year of high school?!?!?!?!  That's nuts!  I always thought PC was the best lift to represent the combo of power and explosiveness.  I liked the interaction with his teammates also.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

405# power clean?!?!?!  Before his senior year of high school?!?!?!?!  That's nuts!  I always thought PC was the best lift to represent the combo of power and explosiveness.  I liked the interaction with his teammates also.

He made it look easy, too. :o

• Love 2