2020 4* LB Wesley Steiner Commits To Auburn!

toddc

10 hours ago, McLoofus said:

He made it look easy, too. :o

Yes he did.  I like how he held it too on his arms before dropping it.  Like... no biggie.  

Edited by The Plainsman
  • Like 3

Just now, The Plainsman said:

Yes he did.  I like how he hold it too on his arms before dropping it.  Like... no biggie.  

Exactly!

• Like 1

So Simpson get’s the 5th star and dominated the “measurables” at the Opening, yet Steiner is showing out with his own strength etc..  both before they play their Sr Season...   incredible.  

Damn right Steiner. Form looks good . He is stronger than most of college football now. Extremely impressive 

When he dropped it, I had a flash of nerves that the dudes jumping around didn't clear their feet out fast enough. Having kids changes the way you view all videos of kids.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

When he dropped it, I had a flash of nerves that the dudes jumping around didn't clear their feet out fast enough. Having kids changes the way you view all videos of kids.

EXACT. SAME. THOUGHT. HERE.

2 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

Yep unfortunately I know the feeling

• Sad 1

Sportscenter shared the video. Lot of haters think it’s fake because he did it and looked like he did it so easily.

Edited by aujeff11

15 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Sportscenter shared the video. Lot of haters think it’s fake because he did it and looked like he did it so easily.

Keith tweeted out that it was only 5 lbs shy of the school record....that school being Auburn. Kid is a beast and I can’t wait to see him in Orange and Blue. :wareagle:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Holy ^%$^&^%$!  Impressive. As easy as he made it look, I'm pretty sure he could add 10 lbs to it.

• Like 2

• ellitor featured this topic
  • 3 months later...
49 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Man our LB corps is solid. Don’t know if I’ve ever seen it this deep 

Yes. Think about our rotation next season.....Britt-Pappoe, Wooten-McClain, then add in Wesley Steiner, OC Brothers, Cam Riley, Josh Marsh and a likely Desmond Tisdol....DEEEEEEP! 

Quality depth. I think our Defense is going to be good again next year....maybe not elite on the Dline...but good. I think we will have a top 5 SEC DEF next season with what we have returning and coming in. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Yes. Think about our rotation next season.....Britt-Pappoe, Wooten-McClain, then add in Wesley Steiner, OC Brothers, Cam Riley, Josh Marsh and a likely Desmond Tisdol

It's very possible Cam Riley ends up at Buck FWIW.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

At this point don’t think we have a choice but to put him at buck

We have at least 2 other known choices. Jucos Deandre Butler & Yaya Diaby. My guess is we bring in Butler in January & land him.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Yes. Think about our rotation next season.....Britt-Pappoe, Wooten-McClain, then add in Wesley Steiner, OC Brothers, Cam Riley, Josh Marsh and a likely Desmond Tisdol....DEEEEEEP! 

Quality depth. I think our Defense is going to be good again next year....maybe not elite on the Dline...but good. I think we will have a top 5 SEC DEF next season with what we have returning and coming in. 

Got to look ahead and see all the movement toward pass-happy offenses, and Kiffen to Ole Miss.   Auburn has to prioritize bigger CBs and more safeties for 2021 I think. 

2 minutes ago, Beaker said:

Got to look ahead and see all the movement toward pass-happy offenses, and Kiffen to Ole Miss.   Auburn has to prioritize bigger CBs and more safeties for 2021 I think. 

We are already landing longer CBs & running a base 4-2-5 with 3 of the 5 essentially being safeties so there's already proper priority at both positions.

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

We are already landing longer CBs & running a base 4-2-5 with 3 of the 5 essentially being safeties so there's already proper priority at both positions.

Sounds good and hope all materialize.  I remember how the Oregon TE just owned our DB last Sept.   Mismatch.  And I see what that collection of WRs bama put on the field, knowing Kiffen will run a wide open O, I am just thinking ahead.

Thanks E

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beaker said:

Sounds good and hope all materialize.  I remember how the Oregon TE just owned our DB last Sept.   Mismatch.  And I see what that collection of WRs bama put on the field, knowing Kiffen will run a wide open O, I am just thinking ahead.

Thanks E

Those Bama WRs would give some NFL secondaries headaches.

10 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Don’t forget the Brown brother!

edit: Derrick Brown’s brother! Didn’t sound right when I read it. 😯 

Edited by toddc
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not trying to be that guy, but he looks really slow to the ball. Not sure if it’s scheme thing or what, but he played majority LB and he’s always a step behind the play. 

56 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Not trying to be that guy, but he looks really slow to the ball. Not sure if it’s scheme thing or what, but he played majority LB and he’s always a step behind the play. 

It’s not just you...

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1