Softball transfer portal (Taylon added 6/12/19)

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

I stand corrected. I finally found something in writing that supports @slot canyon & @4WDE. My apologies.

No apologies needed :) You are always great with info and feedback! 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

At this level we are always gonna have talent coming in and out.  All In for one more year.

Especially if there’s an assistant coaching change or 2.

9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Especially if there’s an assistant coaching change or 2.

Have seen a couple of rumors but nothing official.  Edit/update:  http://www.justinsworldofsoftball.com/news/eugene-lenti-to-be-named-auburn-assistant-coach .  This is usually reliable source and found it minutes after my initial post.  States former long time DePaul HC Eugene Lenti  replacing Ketelhut.  

16 minutes ago, slot canyon said:

Have seen a couple of rumors but nothing official.  Edit/update:  http://www.justinsworldofsoftball.com/news/eugene-lenti-to-be-named-auburn-assistant-coach .  This is usually reliable source and found it minutes after my initial post.  States former long time DePaul HC Eugene Lenti  replacing Ketelhut.  

Not official yet but I hope it happens. It's what I was referring to.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not official yet but I hope it happens. It's what I was referring to.

I figured that might be the case.  I had seen on a forum several days ago where someone said Ketelhut was out but no details or documentation to back up the statement.  Nothing on the AU Athletics site or local press that I have seen to date.  

30 minutes ago, slot canyon said:

Thanks..and even if the hitting does not improve, everyone should see some improvement in their English and Literature grades.    Kinda sounds like what Butch did in hiring coach Smith. ...

Don's know if someone jumped the gun on the release...see that Ketlehut is referred to as "former"  AU coach. 

2 hours ago, slot canyon said:

Why would a HOF head coach leave the school where he'd been for 34 years and accept an assistant position elsewhere? Something ain't Kosher.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Why would a HOF head coach leave the school where he'd been for 34 years and accept an assistant position elsewhere? Something ain't Kosher.

He already left the school last June.

Just now, ellitor said:

Why, and why does he want an assistant position? Most guys with that history would either take an HC job or head for the beach. I hope it works out, but this situation is "unusual" to say the least.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Why, and why does he want an assistant position? Most guys with that history would either take an HC job or head for the beach. I hope it works out, but this situation is "unusual" to say the least.

I guess you want me to chase you everywhere. lol...

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Maybe after a year away from the D1 college game, he wants to be involved again but not have the stresses of a HC at his advanced age. Very plausable. 

By my calculation he is 62; hate to see you refer to that as "advanced age".😁  Guess it depends on which side of 62 you are standing on.🧐

19 minutes ago, slot canyon said:

By my calculation he is 62; hate to see you refer to that as "advanced age".😁  Guess it depends on which side of 62 you are standing on.🧐

just a youngster... But a change of pace in his life is one reason....and Chicago or Auburn ?   Where would I prefer to spend my retirement years?  :-\   OK....that was easy...:)

Looks like he recruited California and the Midwest.  Hopefully can keep our Bandit commits and get us back in California recruiting game.  There are some good players on that DePaul roster too.  Maybe some of them might wanna reunite with the ole ball coach..

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

I guess you want me to chase you everywhere. lol...

Not necessarily, I already have enough worshipers.

On 6/7/2019 at 9:06 AM, ellitor said:

But his exit according to reports from those in that area, was strange. He suddenly retires and his coaching staff is fired immediately. I am wondering if he had been forced out bc of some issues regarding his wife's involvement with her company in securing naming rights for their Arena. Many felt there was a conflict of interest, bc of the family ties to DePaul with the Lentis. 

Whats even more strange, the AD was his sister. 

He does bring a great pedigree, and he is a legend up in those parts. I also read after he retired, that many many explayers and parents of explayers had glowing remarks about him as their coach. 

Sounds like a good hire, if it is made official. 

On 6/9/2019 at 9:49 AM, steeleagle said:

But his exit according to reports from those in that area, was strange. He suddenly retires and his coaching staff is fired immediately. I am wondering if he had been forced out bc of some issues regarding his wife's involvement with her company in securing naming rights for their Arena. Many felt there was a conflict of interest, bc of the family ties to DePaul with the Lentis. 

Whats even more strange, the AD was his sister. 

🤔 Not at all borrowing trouble, but we've already had enough "family troubles" to last a lifetime.  I hope we don't import any more.

I just read that myself.  I'm not too surprised, as Taylon was the #1 or #2 prospect in the country when she signed with Myers.  Then the disaster hit, and the situation was no longer what she had bargained for.  The presence of Tannon is probably what kept her here this long.  I'm very sorry to see it, but hard to blame her.  Tannon has already transferred once, so I'd think she'll play out her senior year at Auburn.

Of the 8 freshmen who reported in the fall of 2017, there are two left; Tissier and Dowell.

We need Eugene Lenti the HOF coach we just hired as an assistant to become our actual HC.

Way too many transfers in a period of a year! Allen Greene needs to sit down and talk with coach Dean and figure out what’s going on with the program and at least start looking at available HC’s.

This is sad that this program is a major dumpster fire. So sad for these girls. Allen needs to take a hard look at this program. It was once so much fun to go to games. I hope that he’s really looking into this new assistant coach hiring not sure we know all the details about him. 

Archived