Softball transfer portal (Taylon added 6/12/19)

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

Think it was other family concerns besides finances FWIW.

Why the face palm @4WDE?  Out of state tuition in Louisville Kentucky is pretty steep. The moving for finances sake would’ve made more sense if she was transferring  to a school in her home state of Illinois.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, slot canyon said:

Are you thinking of Justus Perry?

Nevermind. yes & thanks slot.

Even though my deets are off out of state tuition is still pretty dan steep to.

Think you are running two kids together? Harris is from Illinois, but Perry moved to AL. Any in-state is going to be cheaper than out of state in most comparisons. Closer to home is always cheaper for all involved.

3 minutes ago, 4WDE said:

Think you are running two kids together? Harris is from Illinois, but Perry moved to AL. Any in-state is going to be cheaper than out of state in most comparisons. Closer to home is always cheaper for all involved.

Just pointed out in my edited post that Louisville is pretty steep OOS & still doesn't make sense to go there for financial reasons. An Illinois school is the only option that makes sense for finances to be a reason for the transfer unless Louisville has an out of state tuition waver option.

32 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Just pointed out in my edited post that Louisville is pretty steep OOS & still doesn't make sense to go there for financial reasons. An Illinois school is the only option that makes sense for finances to be a reason for the transfer unless Louisville has an out of state tuition waver option.

Again, closer proximity is cheaper for family/friends. Driving vs flying makes a big difference. Also, it it were just for family, probably would have landed closer to home.

1 hour ago, 4WDE said:

Again, closer proximity is cheaper for family/friends. Driving vs flying makes a big difference. Also, it it were just for family, probably would have landed closer to home.

Closer is better almost always....Know the family of one our soccer players from out west.....got to see her play a few times per year when we were in Calif but otherwise it was mostly on streaming TV or something.....Cost to attend games at AU was tough so usually the mother came for a few games....but not many.  But she stuck it out for her four years and did well.  

As for tuitions....states and schools are not consistent....many are much more lenient than AU seems to be about covering out of state tuition if the grades are pretty good...not even necessary to be at the genius level ….so it's probably easy to match or beat AU costs at most places....JMO.based on trying to get my grand kids to look at AU.

11 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Can someone update the OP with the list of people in the portal?

The softball america link in the OP is as updated as it's going to get. They make updates every day or every other day.

8 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The softball america link in the OP is as updated as it's going to get. They make updates every day or every other day.

Shows how lazy I am. I looked at the OP and didn’t see names and posted. Didn’t even read that the link had the list. 🤦‍♂️

6 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Shows how lazy I am. I looked at the OP and didn’t see names and posted. Didn’t even read that the link had the list. 🤦‍♂️

giphy.gif

16 minutes ago, TD1 said:

Taylon posted that she will be playing at Oklahoma. 

I'll have to watch OK now?  Dang it.  I'm gonna have a hard time routing for them even though I wish her the best.

Don't see any way to dismiss the fact that coaching was involved if Taylon is going to OK. Whatever one's feeling are about Gasso, her teams win.

31 minutes ago, Hspoprn said:

Don't see any way to dismiss the fact that coaching was involved if Taylon is going to OK. Whatever one's feeling are about Gasso, her teams win.

Per people close to the program it supposedly wasn't a coaching issue for her.

1 hour ago, TD1 said:

Holy Toledo! The rich get richer!

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Per people close to the program it supposedly wasn't a coaching issue for her.

So what does that leave?

It certainly isn't playing close to home (I know, OK is closer than AL:).

Maybe just wanting to play for the best program right now since her tie to Meyers was gone?

9 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

So what does that leave?

It certainly isn't playing close to home (I know, OK is closer than AL:).

Maybe just wanting to play for the best program right now since her tie to Meyers was gone?

No clue & doubt we will get a real answer so time to move on & wish her the best.

2 hours ago, TD1 said:

Hmmm..not sure how much playing time she'll see there.

32 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Hmmm..not sure how much playing time she'll see there.

She can play a number of positions. Unless OU has all their starters back she'll start.

Saw this noised about on another board.  OK loses their 2bman, Caleigh Clifton.  Hate it she's going to OU, but can't really blame any of the girls who were double-crossed by Myers for chasing their dreams.

3 hours ago, TD1 said:

Good for her. Just wish I would not have to see her in those OU colors Haha. 

Miss State with 6  transfers …..and funny that teams like Louisville have players coming and going via the portal.   and now AU also.  

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Miss State with 6  transfers …..and funny that teams like Louisville have players coming and going via the portal.   and now AU also.  

With near 300 names if not more in the portal most teams have players coming & going.

Archived