Wolk is leaving Rivals.

GwillMac6

One of the best Auburn recruiting guys in the business. That is 2 really plugged in Auburn recruiting guru's Auburn sites have lost recently in Hoke and now Wolk. THE GOAT thankfully is still around in Niehbur.

JMO but this is probably a hard way to make a decent living.   About anyone with an internet connection can claim to be an expert and getting paid for the works when you are competing against people who are putting out information for free...?     I can't imagine it.

Hope he does well in his new career...and will still have a chance to share his thoughts on recruiting. 

33 minutes ago, AU64 said:

JMO but this is probably a hard way to make a decent living.   About anyone with an internet connection can claim to be an expert and getting paid for the works when you are competing against people who are putting out information for free...?     I can't imagine it.

Hope he does well in his new career...and will still have a chance to share his thoughts on recruiting. 

Yup! Big reason I changed majors. Sports journalism just isn’t what it used to be and recruiting sites in particular have lost a lot of steam. 

I loved his recruiting updates and q&a time. It was always fun to try and put out an interesting question to get a comment among the fray!

6 hours ago, AU64 said:

..... getting paid for the work when you are competing against people who are putting out for free...?    

I understand  hookers complain about the same problem.

Ok, just having a bit of fun! :)

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

I understand  hookers complain about the same problem.

Ok, just having a bit of fun! :)

😁   great reply.....maybe I should have made a better choice of words.....but then again....I'm not sure there is much difference between the hookers and most of the hacks though the former are usually more trustworthy..... 

5 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Waiting for Rivals to now officially make Danny Sheridan its "Auburn recruiting expert".

That would be better than marcillo 

On 5/24/2019 at 5:53 PM, AU64 said:

Ben was doing just fine as far as getting paid. He wanted a change. You realize how many people subscribe to Auburn Rivals? Short sided thinking again. 

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Ben was doing just fine as far as getting paid. He wanted a change. You realize how many people subscribe to Auburn Rivals? Short sided thinking again. 

I guess "doing just fine" is a personal evaluation …..and from what I see in the past years, sports media is getting to be a difficult business.  Guess I'm one of those who don't see enough value in a paid site to dish out the money.   Hope he has found something appealing and  that Auburn Rivals prospers.. 

Archived