Briles trying to get back into coaching

AURex

There were a lot pf AUF folks saying we ought to hire Briles. Ya know, it was for offensive coordinator or some sort of analyst role. Well, that was gonna ha[pen about the same time as Hugh Freeze. Yeah, right.

Anyway, after a couple of jobs where he didn't make the cut, it looks like Briles finally landed a job.

https://sports.yahoo.com/art-briles-hired-texas-mount-vernon-high-school-fired-sexual-assault-allegations-235313827.html

Sorry, but this guy s*** (do not evade the profanity filter ) his bed and now at 63 years old, he's kinda .... ya know .....

Shady stuff aside, I figured he'd get another opportunity eventually just for how interesting his offenses are. Id say offenses have plateau'd, if not downgraded, since his last years at Baylor, so I hope he can bring a little breath back to life, even if it's a lower level

9 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Not hiring Freeze in some capacity was just stupid btw 

He's got a head coaching job at Liberty University. Maybe he prefers that over being an analyst at Auburn?

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

He's got a head coaching job at Liberty University. Maybe he prefers that over being an analyst at Auburn?

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2019/01/hugh-freeze-discusses-wanting-to-coach-at-auburn-and-why-it-didnt-happen.html

“I’d be lying if I was saying there wasn’t one that I really, really have always kind of thought about and dreamed about and all those things"

Maybe he did prefer it!!!

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2019/01/hugh-freeze-discusses-wanting-to-coach-at-auburn-and-why-it-didnt-happen.html

“I’d be lying if I was saying there wasn’t one that I really, really have always kind of thought about and dreamed about and all those things"

Maybe he did prefer it!!!

Maybe he did, maybe not. In any case,there was no way AU or any other SEC school was going to add him to their staff and that's on Freeze himself, not the PTB at the schools.

Saban pursued him for an analyst spot (like Butch Jones) immediately after he was canned at OM and the SEC nixed it.  I think Freeze knew Gus needed an OC and he hoped to get on with Auburn,  Gus & Hugh are friends and may have wanted to coach together, the SEC nixed that as well.

Freeze believes he's been black-balled by the SEC.  And truthfully, the NCAA spent nearly 5 yrs investigating OM and they knew the shady stuff that was going on under Freeze's nose while he turned a blind eye.  The NCAA may have advised the SEC to warn every school to steer clear of Freeze?

On 5/28/2019 at 9:05 AM, keesler said:

Saban pursued him for an analyst spot (like Butch Jones) immediately after he was canned at OM and the SEC nixed it.  I think Freeze knew Gus needed an OC and he hoped to get on with Auburn,  Gus & Hugh are friends and may have wanted to coach together, the SEC nixed that as well.

Freeze believes he's been black-balled by the SEC.  And truthfully, the NCAA spent nearly 5 yrs investigating OM and they knew the shady stuff that was going on under Freeze's nose while he turned a blind eye.  The NCAA may have advised the SEC to warn every school to steer clear of Freeze?

What are you talking about?Tunsil.jpg

High School, really? Wow, how the mighty have fallen.

One at Liberty, one at a Texas high school. Hard to believe.

• WarTiger changed the title to Briles trying to get back into coaching

Archived