Rod and Paula Bramblett Killed in Car Accident

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely love Rod and his passion and love for Auburn along with how just dang good he is at his job. It is always tough to replace a absolute legend and icon but he has done a great job. Prayers up for him and his wife. This is when the Auburn family is at its best when there is a tragedy. No one rallies better than the Auburn family. I pray that both of them will be ok. WAR EAGLE ROD!!!

So sad to hear. Prayers lifted for all involved. 

Jay Tate (and a couple of others now) are saying Rod's wife Paula died in the accident.  Rod is fighting for his life at UAB.  One person said he had to be revived twice.  Keep praying.

Hope Rod pulls through.  If you've never met him, he's one of the nicest people out there.  So sorry for he and his family right now.

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Jay Tate (and a couple of others now) are saying Rod's wife Paula died in the accident.  Rod is fighting for his life at UAB.  One person said he had to be revived twice.  Keep praying.

Wow. This is just awful. Def going to keep praying. I know they have kids. They are who I am thinking about most right now.

This is terrible news.  Lord, please be with Rod as he fights for his life and for their family.  They are a part of our family, too.   🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Community is in pain right now. Praying for the Bramblett family.

Lord may your almighty hands be placed on all involved in this accident. Heal this family that is so dear to the Auburn family. May your healing hands be on them.

8 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Hope Rod pulls through.  If you've never met him, he's one of the nicest people out there.  So sorry for he and his family right now.

Sat down with him several times during my time at auburn when I was doing broadcasting. Many prayers sent their way

al.com

Auburn announcer Rod Bramblett involved in serious car accident

Updated May 25, 10:00 PM; Posted May 25, 9:52 PM

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn talks to radio host and Voice of the Tigers Rod Bramblett during Tiger Talk on Thursday, Sept. 6, 2018 in Auburn, Ala. Todd Van Emst/AU Athletics

Todd Van Emst/AU Athletics

Auburn coach Gus Malzahn talks to radio host and Voice of the Tigers Rod Bramblett during Tiger Talk on Thursday, Sept. 6, 2018 in Auburn, Ala. Todd Van Emst/AU Athletics

By Sam Blum | SBlum@al.com and Carol Robinson | crobinson@al.com

One person has died in a serious car accident involving voice of the Auburn Tigers, Rod Bramblett. Auburn sent out a release announcing that Bramblett had been involved in the accident.

Police are witholding the name of the deceased individual until family notifications are made. A 52-year-old male and a 53-year-old female were both occupants in the car.

A 16-year-old male driver was transported to East Alabama Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.

The cause of the crash remains under investigation. The crash occurred on Shug Jordan Parkway at the intersection of W. Samford Ave.

Bramblett has been broadcasting Auburn baseball games since 1993, and has been the lead Auburn broadcaster since 2003.

AL.com will update this post.

Just watched the movie Breakthrough last night. If you haven't seen it, it is all about praying boldly. James 1:6 Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought. 

Archived