Rod and Paula Bramblett Killed in Car Accident

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Lord, cover their family and friends with Your comfort.  There is no way to comprehend such a tragedy and the one’s that were closest feel so lost and hurt.  The Auburn family needs strength right now. 🙏🏻

11 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

One of the great things about him is the way he assumed his role when Jim Fyffe passed away, not sure it could have been handled with any more class and dignity.

The only way that could have been handled. Rod loved Auburn and assumed the position with humility and honor for Jim. We all loved Jim but natural causes for demise is a bit more accepting than what has happened. This one is tough.

Understand we are headed to Tech for regional. Going to be tough to listen to our radio broadcast. 

18 hours ago, AURaptor said:

Bits and pieces such as... ? As mentioned above, ' texting ' or ' falling asleep ' are vastly different things. 

Which way are these 'bits and pieces ' leaning ? Or was it something else ? 

Is a cause of the accident something that will be definitively stated at some point? Or is the age of the other driver a factor in releasing this type of information? 

If the driver is old enough to have a license to be on the road, then I would expect that we know what happened. 

I don't see what age would have to do with anything other than the name of the driver. 

I'm still numb from the news. I'm so sad for his children, to lose one parent is already horrific, to lose them both is unthinkable. RIP Rod!

“A full and complete investigation including, but not limited to, the examination of crash and vehicle data, accident reconstruction, toxicology, determination of speed and / or other contributing factors will be conducted,” Tuesday’s release from Captain Lorenza Dorsey said. “The case will subsequently be presented to the District Attorney’s Office for review.”

I am in awe at the general outpouring of love and respect for Rod and Paula across the country.  This is not localized or even regionalized.  It’s been in most of the major national news outlets.  I just heard the iron bowl call again (heard it many times this weekend) on xm and Greg McElroy’s comments will make you cry.  He summed up his feelings so eloquently.  It is amazing how many lives Rod touched. 

15 minutes ago, AURaptor said:

“A full and complete investigation including, but not limited to, the examination of crash and vehicle data, accident reconstruction, toxicology, determination of speed and / or other contributing factors will be conducted,” Tuesday’s release from Captain Lorenza Dorsey said. “The case will subsequently be presented to the District Attorney’s Office for review.”

It's also been reported that alcohol was not a factor. This isn't a topic worth treading into, or at least not until the facts come out. 

16 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

It's also been reported that alcohol was not a factor. This isn't a topic worth treading into, or at least not until the facts come out. 

Agree and the toxicology report could be just a way to put those speculations to rest for good. 

22 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Oooooh this last paragraph got me good:

Heaven received a legend Saturday night. That legend painted with words when he was with us on Earth. Something tells me that he's going to have his hand in painting some of those orange and blue sunsets now that he's gone.

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

If I recall, alcohol was almost immediately ruled a non factor. Unless the investigation says different, I don't see any point in mentioning it again either. 

Toxicology tests for other substances besides alcohol. 

Just now, AURaptor said:

If I recall, alcohol was almost immediately ruled a non factor. Unless the investigation says different, I don't see any point in mentioning it again either. 

Toxicology tests for other substances besides alcohol. 

That's a fair point.  

Not trying to be morbid but I’ve had a hard time wrapping my head around them being killed in a rear collision.  I think I read they were in a Mercedes SUV which I’d assume is pretty safe and the kid was in a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee.  I could understand back and neck injuries but to be killed must have been a crazy bad impact.  How that kid is alive from what had to be a huge hit is even more incredible to me.  Definitely makes you think how fast it can be over.  

I read that they were in a Highlander. Isn't that Toyota? Also read that it was confirmed that they were both wearing seatbelts, which makes it even more perplexing. 

This really is going to hurt for a while, isn't it? Hard not to keep listening to his calls, and hard not to keep feeling the sadness in my gut. Rod really loved Auburn.

UPDATE: May 28, 2019

AUBURN, Ala- The Auburn Police Division’s investigation into the crash that occurred on Saturday, May 25th that resulted in the deaths of Rod and Paula Bramblett is ongoing.  Although additional information is being examined, the preliminary investigation has not determined that alcohol or distractive phone usage was a contributing factor.  

A full and complete investigation including, but not limited to, the examination of crash and vehicle data, accident reconstruction, toxicology, determination of speed and / or other contributing factors will be conducted. The case will subsequently be presented to the District Attorney’s Office for review.

The case remains under investigation by the Auburn Police Division, the Lee County District Attorney’s Office, the Lee County Coroner’s Office, and the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences.

https://news.auburnalabama.org/article/Public Safety - Police/3157

4 hours ago, steeleagle said:

The writer is an Auburn grad Barrett Sallee

I love Bruce Pearl. Just love that guy. He’s unreal. 

2 hours ago, Barnacle said:

This really is going to hurt for a while, isn't it? Hard not to keep listening to his calls, and hard not to keep feeling the sadness in my gut. Rod really loved Auburn.

I cried listening to the kick six and watching those Auburn brothers enjoying it so much in the press box. This has been tough. 

3 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I read that they were in a Highlander. Isn't that Toyota? Also read that it was confirmed that they were both wearing seatbelts, which makes it even more perplexing. 

Rear impacts often cause head and neck injury when struck by force at 55 plus mph. I’ve seen some unbelievable incidents including a man ejected out through the back hatch of a Camaro 75 yards from a rear impact. The seat broke and he was literally ejected out the hatch as it opened and closed. We couldn’t believe it. 

Archived