Null



Sign in to follow this  
gr82b4au

Rod and Paula Bramblett Killed in Car Accident

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Facts like not chemically impaired or ones like no cell phone activity?

Accidents are called that for a reason. Some are more tragic than others.

We know very little about what happened. We know the speed, the THC, and the alibi. That's it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




58 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

We know very little about what happened. We know the speed, the THC, and the alibi. That's it. 

We know he was cleared of ETOH, we know there was no cell phone activity, we know he had THC in his system but not when it was put there, we know the family he was with said he didn't drink or smoke at all the day of the accident, and we know he never hit the brakes. That's a lot of information that seems to corroborate the alibi more than taint it.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bigbird said:

We know he was cleared of ETOH, we know there was no cell phone activity, we know he had THC in his system but not when it was put there, we know the family he was with said he didn't drink or smoke at all the day of the accident, and we know he never hit the brakes. That's a lot of information that seems to corroborate the alibi more than taint it.

Still a lot more to learn. What the defendant's family says is far from fact.

  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dixie, prayers for your son. And prayers for the young man. May they both have learned from their mistakes. That's the good that can come from this horrible situation.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Still a lot more to learn. What the defendant's family says is far from fact.

Its wasn't the defendant's family that said it.

Are you sure you've read about the case?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 8:46 AM, The Freak said:

So, you approve of double standards.  Nice.

There is no double standard here that is just something in your head. Spare us please.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2019 at 5:07 PM, The Freak said:

The point is a 16 year isn't "adult" enough to have an unrestricted license.  So it stands to reason maybe they also shouldn't be tried as an adult when they screw up.

I am missing something. Did this kid have a restricted license? What were the restrictions? Was he defying any of them? 

 

If the answer is he had an unrestricted license then all this arguing about whether he should be treated as an adult is horse-pooey.

Edited by ChltteTiger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

I am missing something. Did this kid have a restricted license? What were the restrictions? Was he defying any of them? 

 

If the answer is he had an unrestricted license then all this arguing about whether he should be treated as an adult is horse-pooey.

He was 16.  His license is restricted.  This was already discussed.  He was not violating the restrictions at the time.  The point is the state does not treat him like an adult when they gave him the license but now are trying him as an adult.  Shouldn't be able to have it both ways.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I have a 21 year old that you would lump into that category.  Went to a Christian private high school, received a Presidential scholarship to Auburn, wound up following right in my footsteps.... Until he got caught.  In the spring of his freshman year he was charged with three felony counts of distribution of a controlled substance (was buying Xanax on the dark web in pretty large quantities), wound up on WSB news here in Atlanta.  I can tell you that I very frequently thank God that no one died ingesting what he was selling, he had no idea what it was.  In his case he was very fortunate that his father could afford a very competent attorney that was well connected (and I believe highly respected) within the Lee County justice system.  In this case I believe my son was the poster child for "youthful offender" as he has always been well behind his peers in his ability to maturely evaluate situation and outcomes.  I clearly believe that our justice system is the greatest in the world and, in my biased opinion, works incredibly well. 

I trust that the facts will be exhibited by highly capable attorneys in a court of law, a very capable judge will preside over the case and potentially a jury of decent human beings will determine an appropriate outcome for this young man.  I can tell you from experience that my heart breaks for him and especially his family.  My heart is also irreparably broken for the Bramblett and greater Auburn family.  I don't know what shapes your opinion, I certainly hope it isn't one of first hand experience...I also hope it's not simply knee jerk.

As an aside, I found out about an hour ago that my son had his request for early termination of probation granted.  He can now go back to pursuing his college education and growing toward being the "better" flawed person we all know he can be.  Just like me...and maybe you?

Well said POD

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

I have a 21 year old that you would lump into that category.  Went to a Christian private high school, received a Presidential scholarship to Auburn, wound up following right in my footsteps.... Until he got caught.  In the spring of his freshman year he was charged with three felony counts of distribution of a controlled substance (was buying Xanax on the dark web in pretty large quantities), wound up on WSB news here in Atlanta.  I can tell you that I very frequently thank God that no one died ingesting what he was selling, he had no idea what it was.  In his case he was very fortunate that his father could afford a very competent attorney that was well connected (and I believe highly respected) within the Lee County justice system.  In this case I believe my son was the poster child for "youthful offender" as he has always been well behind his peers in his ability to maturely evaluate situation and outcomes.  I clearly believe that our justice system is the greatest in the world and, in my biased opinion, works incredibly well. 

I trust that the facts will be exhibited by highly capable attorneys in a court of law, a very capable judge will preside over the case and potentially a jury of decent human beings will determine an appropriate outcome for this young man.  I can tell you from experience that my heart breaks for him and especially his family.  My heart is also irreparably broken for the Bramblett and greater Auburn family.  I don't know what shapes your opinion, I certainly hope it isn't one of first hand experience...I also hope it's not simply knee jerk.

As an aside, I found out about an hour ago that my son had his request for early termination of probation granted.  He can now go back to pursuing his college education and growing toward being the "better" flawed person we all know he can be.  Just like me...and maybe you?

Thank you for sharing this story. I personally disagree about our justice systems but that is neither here or there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/13/2019 at 7:39 AM, bigbird said:

Its wasn't the defendant's family that said it.

Are you sure you've read about the case?

Per YOU: "we know the family he was with said he didn't drink or smoke at all the day of the accident".

Do you get pleasure out of splitting hairs or?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2019 at 9:45 PM, ToraGirl said:

We all need to see the best balance justice and grace have to offer in the outcome. The message that comes out of this must ideally lead to LESS of this, however that is accomplished given the flaws we and the systems we have created both have. I DO have connections and personal memories with both sides involved. I am curious, EagleEye7, what do you think SHOULD be the outcome given the gravity of the situation? What outcome could lead to less? Growing up in Auburn in the fishbowl is no easy task. Life for highschoolers with all that's accessible in a major university atmosphere is challenging. But I can tell you in my time there, I saw a fair amount of recklessness, some with a sense of entitlement, that didn't lead to less. With @Gowebb11 in the reality of no easy answers as I continue to pray for my first sentence to come to pass.

He definitely will have some punishment no matter which way it goes, but rest assured the worst punishment he will have is to live with this everyday of the rest of his life. I just don’t think people realize how painful it will be. Again if this was a person that had repeatedly been a bad hombre, then yes the criminal punishment would be harsher and rightly so. From what I know this was a young man that had not been a poster child of how to be bad, he seems to just be a normal teenager who made a crucial mistake. In this  case take his license until he is twenty + give him community service and make him give talks to younger people on why they should avoid situations like what happened to him. Hopefully he can grow and become a good young man. Who knows maybe God has plans for this young man going forward. God loves to take those who have fallen far and raise them to great heights. You can send someone like this to big boy prison and wind up totally destroying him. I’ve spent some time in prison during college criminal justice classes and it’s not a great place to send someone like this. My comment is justice should be about improving the world and a lot of that starts with helping these type see where they failed and helping them on doing better not just about making it painful for them. 

Edited by Eagle Eye 7
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2019 at 2:00 PM, auburnphan said:

Why do we have/need vehicles that are capable of such high speeds?

 

That’s probably answered best by the words “ego” and “ lack of patience “ 😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2019 at 2:01 AM, 3rdgeneration said:

I have been close to a similar situation before.  A young man was driving with his 3 friends, got distracted fiddling with his radio, ran off the edge of the road, over-corrected, flipped his car, and killed 2 of his friends. One family chose bitterness and went after him with all the legal power they could.  Another family chose forgiveness and grace.  Because of the 2nd family, the boy found a way to forgive himself and is now very active in church and is changing lives of other young people. Forgiveness and grace did not mean that he had no consequences. There were fines and many, many service hours , as well as restrictions on driving for a very long time. 

My whole point with this is that you can have forgiveness and grace and still have consequences, too.  Maybe the young man needs to have some jail time, or maybe he needs to have something lighter.  That’s not for me to decide, thank God.  I just feel that having a spirit of forgiveness will help in the healing of the community.  Forgiveness AND consequences. One without the other won’t be healing. 

Yes, I am quoting myself. I wanted to give an update on the above story. I failed to mention that Leesa, the mother of the boy that died, is a good friend of mine. We weren't friends before the accident, but became close after. Daniel, the teenage driver of the car, is now 30. This week, my friend Leesa passed away from a sudden and massive brain aneurisym. Today, Daniel gave the message in church. He had been scheduled to give a message for weeks and had already written what he was going to say, but he changed his message and gave his testimony about how Leesa, and her faith and grace, saved him. It is a more complex story than what I am presenting here and there were all kinds of nuances and details, much like with the Bramblett case. But her one excrutiatingly painful simple act of forgiveness changed the lives of not only Daniel, but many, many other people in our community, like ripples in a pond. 

Again, consequences are absolutely necessary, but forgiveness is too. Can we not close this discussion by agreeing on this one point? And go out and hug the people you love. You never know when God will call them home.

Edited by 3rdgeneration
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Per YOU: "we know the family he was with said he didn't drink or smoke at all the day of the accident".

Do you get pleasure out of splitting hairs or?

Do you get pleasure in being Ill-informed?

Per you...

On 7/12/2019 at 7:10 PM, AUght2win said:

What the defendant's family says is far from fact.

He wasn't with HIS family that day. The family he was with the day of the accident provided the testimony that he didn't drink or smoke at any point during the day. That's not splitting hairs. That is getting facts correct. I recommend do that before forming an opinion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigbird said:

That is getting facts correct. I recommend do that before forming an opinion.

You must be new to the internet ;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Do you get pleasure in being Ill-informed?

Per you...

He wasn't with HIS family that day. The family he was with the day of the accident provided the testimony that he didn't drink or smoke at any point during the day. That's not splitting hairs. That is getting facts correct. I recommend do that before forming an opinion.

I am sure the family the young man spent the day with is unbiased toward him. Probably total strangers. I usually spend the day with total strangers/non-friends.

I did misread what you originally wrote. Point is still exactly the same. 

  • Facepalm 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I am sure the family the young man spent the day with is unbiased toward him. Probably total strangers. I usually spend the day with total strangers/non-friends.

I did misread what you originally wrote. Point is still exactly the same. 

Yep, you're right they knew eachother. So of course they would lie to the police, right?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2019 at 7:52 AM, bigbird said:

Yep, you're right they knew eachother. So of course they would lie to the police, right?

The police doesn’t dispute or disqualify anything told by the kid or the family. Believe me. If it was there they would find it. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, alexava said:

The police doesn’t dispute or disqualify anything told by the kid or the family. Believe me. If it was there they would find it. 

Exactly.

Some opinions were formed before the facts were completely out there and refuse to reassess their position when they did come to light.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bigbird said:

Exactly.

Some opinions were formed before the facts were completely out there and refuse to reassess their position when they did come to light.

I don't have to reassess anything. I'm not going to serve on the jury. All I know for sure is there must be some serious evidence if they are charging a 16 year old as an adult for what he claims was a total accident.

None of us know all the facts. All we can do is pray and hope justice is done one way or another. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there any photos of the wreck or they being covered up? Any witnesses and witness stories? I definitely want to see more photos of the cars than I’ve already seen. I only want pictures of the vehicles, I wouldn’t want there to ever be pictures of rod and Paula from after the accident 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AUght2win said:

I don't have to reassess anything. I'm not going to serve on the jury. All I know for sure is there must be some serious evidence if they are charging a 16 year old as an adult for what he claims was a total accident.

None of us know all the facts. All we can do is pray and hope justice is done one way or another. 

Didn't mention you at all in my reply to Alex. 

As far as being charged, he is guilty. He did it. That said, it was an accident. There was nothing nefarious about that. Stop trying to make it more than it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bigbird said:

Didn't mention you at all in my reply to Alex. 

As far as being charged, he is guilty. He did it. That said, it was an accident. There was nothing nefarious about that. Stop trying to make it more than it was.

You're a last-worder, aren't you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this