Rod and Paula Bramblett Killed in Car Accident

• 4 months later...

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

No words

Was just coming here to post this.  What little grace and benefit of the doubt I was giving this kid is gone.  No signs of remorse, everything is always something else's fault (girlfriend, paddle shifter, etc).  Again, I didn't throw it around a lot at the time because of the sensitive situation, rumors swirling around Auburn, but the general consensus was the kid had Auburn connections with powerful families in town and had been coddled his entire life to never accept accountability.  Harsh words directed at any 16 year old but these last incidents seem to prove the validity in the words.  Revoke his bond, send him to jail for the upper end of what manslaughter will allow, and permanently revoke his license.  I'm so mad right now.

2 minutes ago, countoff said:

???  I smell a rat....There’s no way anyone (judge, police, parents) would let this kid drive. Whether or not he’s out on bond 

False news?

Extremely unlikely as this information is coming out through a motion filed by the District Attorney and the account of each stop is recounted in detail.  

34 minutes ago, countoff said:

If this is true then the judge, police, and parents should join him in jail 

At this point I actually agree about some kind of repercussion for the parents along with the kid going to jail. I have a strong dislike for anyone displaying signs of entitlement like this kid is doing. 

If the additional charges are true, then he has proven himself a menace to society. 

At what point does an irresponsible minor risk being charged as an adult?  

This kids parents need to be publicly shamed.  He got pulled over two days in a row!  What a little punk.  How does he even have a car at this point.  This kid needs some harsh justice and some prison time.  He is a danger to other people and the definition of why prisons were created.  Get him off the streets.

Questions:

• How does he still have a license?
  • How was he not arrested during any of these stops?
  • Who's car is he driving?
  • Why do his parents allow him to leave the house? 

The kid isn't doing himself any favors. 

His defense claims of falling sleep at the wheel in the Bramblett accident look less likely to be believed by a jury once further speeding incidents are added to his record.  

This kid has some ridiculous connections to keep getting away with this stuff. Someone in a position of authority needs to step up and put an end to this nonsense or someone else is going to loose their life.

He needs to be locked up before he kills another innocent person. Obviously his parents don’t seem to care. How does he even have access to a vehicle?

The parents must be loaded because this kid is driving on his parent’s insurance.  The speeding and possible DUI alone is enough to make rates sky high but multiple offenses plus a vehicular manslaughter charge almost makes this kids rates untouchable.  Has to be north 2-3k every 6 months if not more.  If the parents are in fact J&M related it’s also extremely bad for business.  Auburn people will steer clear of that place no matter the tradition.  Plenty of places to get books and Auburn stuff.

3 hours ago, countoff said:

???  I smell a rat....There’s no way anyone (judge, police, parents) would let this kid drive. Whether or not he’s out on bond 

False news?

Police can’t not “let” him drive if his license are valid. It’s up to the state to suspend/revoke his driving privileges. Now, each ticket comes with points against his license and after an amount of points, his license will be suspended for 90 days. It seems from the report, the police are doing their job and ticketing his dangerous driving habits. 

1 hour ago, AURealist said:

The kid isn't doing himself any favors. 

His defense claims of falling sleep at the wheel in the Bramblett accident look less likely to be believed by a jury once further speeding incidents are added to his record.  

I have a law degree from USA Network's constant runnings of Law and Order earlier in the decade, so hopefully someone can answer this question: Is there a chance a jury isn't made aware of the additional incidents?  Could the defense claim that the additional citations are irrelevant to the manslaughter case and would only serve to prejudice the jury against him?  

2 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Questions:

• How does he still have a license?
  • How was he not arrested during any of these stops?
  • Who's car is he driving?
  • Why do his parents allow him to leave the house? 

My thoughts exactly. Couldn’t like each one of these questions enough!  

4 hours ago, countoff said:

False news?

I know someone who killed someone drunk driving. Released on bond. Got another massive speeding ticket and got released again. 

Almost 2 years after he killed someone, he finally got sentenced. So no, this isn’t as outrageous as it may seem. 

His mom is part of the family that owns J&M Bookstore.  Keep supporting J&M to help fund his defense fund. The family shows absolutely no remorse. 

1 hour ago, aubearcat said:

Police can’t not “let” him drive if his license are valid. It’s up to the state to suspend/revoke his driving privileges. Now, each ticket comes with points against his license and after an amount of points, his license will be suspended for 90 days. It seems from the report, the police are doing their job and ticketing his dangerous driving habits. 

How many points are you assessed for killing two people because you were driving 90 mph high on pot?

Archived