Rod and Paula Bramblett Killed in Car Accident

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Would love at least for their names to be removed from the title and disassociated from the current conversation.

Thinking a pending case and a fair jury will be of consideration, and knowing the free and far-reaching nature of AUFAMILY, I'm thinking broader. Confidentiality is another one of my career 24/7s. Not normally for censorship, but we can't imagine who all on any side has access here. 

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WVR said:

WVR...thank you so much for sharing this...it's a step in the right direction. Judge Russell Bush went through Opelika High ('83) at the same time I went to Auburn High ('84). These names in print in your hometown news make it uber real. 

29 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Thinking a pending case and a fair jury will be of consideration, and knowing the free and far-reaching nature of AUFAMILY, I'm thinking broader. Confidentiality is another one of my career 24/7s. Not normally for censorship, but we can't imagine who all on any side has access here. 

I hope you don't see any of the questions being posed, at least by myself or @alexava as being directed to you in an effort to have you disclose information that you have, in your good discretion, decided not to share with the board. I appreciate, admire, and agree with your decision not to share. I would never ask you to share information against your better judgment. None of my posts, including this post are asking you to share anything at all. I just want to make that clear. 

That said, there have been other posters, unlike yourself, who have actually called others to boycott a local business. These are not posters merely sharing their opinion. These are not posters simply deciding for themselves how to apportion their support. These are posters who are openly calling for others to act. In my judgment, such a call to action is serious and deserves to be scrutinized.

Moreover, given the potential consequences, to scrutinize and question the motives and grounds for those statements is appropriate. 

As you've advised, people should absolutely decide for themselves how to act, but this isn't the right place to tell others to act accordingly. 

3 hours ago, Barnacle said:

I hope you don't see any of the questions being posed, at least by myself or @alexava as being directed to you in an effort to have you disclose information that you have, in your good discretion, decided not to share with the board. I appreciate, admire, and agree with your decision not to share. I would never ask you to share information against your better judgment. None of my posts, including this post are asking you to share anything at all. I just want to make that clear. 

That said, there have been other posters, unlike yourself, who have actually called others to boycott a local business. These are not posters merely sharing their opinion. These are not posters simply deciding for themselves how to apportion their support. These are posters who are openly calling for others to act. In my judgment, such a call to action is serious and deserves to be scrutinized.

Moreover, given the potential consequences, to scrutinize and question the motives and grounds for those statements is appropriate. 

As you've advised, people should absolutely decide for themselves how to act, but this isn't the right place to tell others to act accordingly. 

Thanks, B. I see why and how your thoughts were directed, now. Every day I learn something new about this awful, awful event. I'm a researcher. I might have made an adequate detective! 😉😁 

But I chose to surrender to the daily business of shaping younger lives so that hopefully, such 16-year old decisions do not repeat. It grieves me to know that...how to phrase this...this 16-year-old has had some life challenges that would throw me a curveball. No excuses, whatsoever. But the hurdles are real, and the consequences, despite the hurdles, will be real, too. 

I keep fixing my gaze on Shelby and Josh, Andy and Jan. The rest will unfold in time, as it should. 

1 minute ago, ToraGirl said:

Thanks, B. I see why and how your thoughts were directed, now. Every day I learn something new about this awful, awful event. I'm a researcher. I might have made an adequate detective! 😉😁 

But I chose to surrender to the daily business of shaping lives so that hopefully, such 16-year old decisions do not repeat. It grieves me to know that...how to phrase this...this 16-year-old has had some life challenges that would throw me a curveball. No excuses, whatsoever. But the hurdles are real, and the consequences, despite the hurdles, will be real, too. 

I keep fixing my gaze in Shelby and Josh, Andy and Jan. The rest will unfold in time, as it should. 

You're a good woman, @ToraGirl. You really are. 

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

You're a good woman, @ToraGirl. You really are. 

Y'all help me continue to be on my game. I appreciate each of you!  Three-part trivia...

1. Who carved it?

2. Where is it located?

3. What's the Scripture reference?

Research on! 🤣🙌

It will happen...until justice rolls.

20191211_191709.jpg

30 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I could not have said it better.

There are things that happen in my area , political and legal that I have knowledge of but can’t say anything about. And it’s not just hurt feelings it’s serious legal issues that I usually am not supposed to even know. I see people with opinions that make my skin crawl by how misinformed they are. I stay out of the conversations as painful as it is sometimes.  I apologize for any trauma my curiosity caused. But I don’t apologize for my curiosity. I don’t have a “side”. I hurt for what’s left of the Bramletts. But my main concern is for the people at risk from a teenager with obvious issues and a weapon ( vehicle) legally. I’m glad the judge acted. 

It's such a fine line on what, why, how, when, where, and if to post. I am really thankful for the PM function. No, not him. 😁

download (3).jpeg

On 12/17/2019 at 3:19 PM, The Freak said:

Does anyone know who owns it now?  The guy that owned it in the 90's would be grandparent aged by now.

Huh, it was there in the late 60's.

16 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

No, Homers fault actually. Answering him and it has turned into huge misunderstanding. 

My post was a tongue-in-cheek hypothetical that if Johnston's parents were the principles of J&M they have got very deep pockets the Bramblett's could justly exploit.

It was a poor and misplaced attempt at humor.  I apologized if I sparked a misunderstanding on your part.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

My post was a tongue-in-cheek hypothetical that if Johnston's parents were the principles of J&M they have got very deep pockets the Bramblett's could justly exploit.

It was a poor and misplaced attempt at humor.  I apologized if I sparked a misunderstanding on your part.

Your post fine brother Homer. Just from friendly jabbing with Alex.

No speculation or compromised info...these links will hopefully paint a picture of the justice wheels turning in today's news. Good interviews. Again, prayer. 

Just got to say...I am very proud of my "home Lee County." Even if they told me, denied...I needed more practice...at the end of my first driver's exam. They were right. But if they could see me now, tackling I-65 and I-85 rush hour 2x daily...🤣🤣🙌🙌

https://www.wrbl.com/news/auburn-teen-heads-to-rehab-after-bond-revoked-in-bramblett-manslaughter-case/?fbclid=IwAR0J_7osoG-XuwsSDOuTASTEaklj1qrxBgccws_s5WwheNUVTj5Lz70Lg1Q

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3161059863909453&id=217147361634066&anchor_composer=false

There will be a very productive rehab, a 'heartfelt' ghost-written apology and, with no real evidence to refute the story that he fell asleep, no conviction.  

"Sad story all around..."  

"So thankful this young man's life was turned around......"

I just hope everyone who has become emotionally invested in this story is prepared for this kid to walk free.   

37 minutes ago, AURealist said:

There will be a very productive rehab, a 'heartfelt' ghost-written apology and, with no real evidence to refute the story that he fell asleep, no conviction.  

"Sad story all around..."  

"So thankful this young man's life was turned around......"

I just hope everyone who has become emotionally invested in this story is prepared for this kid to walk free.   

I still think he probably did fall asleep. It’s his behavior since that’s concerning me. 

I also think that behavior will prevent him from walking free. I hope it does. He shitted away his second chance in my opinion. 

Mods, I'm begging you. At least move this thread.  

I am all for folks continuing the conversation but this has absolutely nothing to do with football or even the Bramblett family anymore. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Mods, I'm begging you. At least move this thread.  

I am all for folks continuing the conversation but this has absolutely nothing to do with football or even the Bramblett family anymore. 

Second this. Thread name change also...possibly "Taylor Legal Process Update" in All Things Considered or the like...

On 12/18/2019 at 12:43 PM, ToraGirl said:

Y'all help me continue to be on my game. I appreciate each of you!  Three-part trivia...

1. Who carved it? Maya Lin

2. Where is it located? Montgomery, Al.

3. What's the Scripture reference?

Amos 5-24

Research on! 🤣🙌

It will happen...until justice rolls.

20191211_191709.jpg

I was thinking Birmingham for the reason that the Civil Rights Museum is there but I was wrong. Had no clue who created it but found out it was the person who designed the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. Thanks for the history lesson. 

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

I was thinking Birmingham for the reason that the Civil Rights Museum is there but I was wrong. Had no clue who created it but found out it was the person who designed the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. Thanks for the history lesson. 

Yes! Montgomery has "our" own Maya Lin treasure! We learned that the 19-year-old beat her Yale professor's design for the contest to design the Vietnam Memorial. He graded her B minus for the design. Jealous much? 🤣😉

https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/civil-rights-memorial

Amos 5:24... But let justice roll down like waters,
    and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream.

20191126_121600.jpg

20191125_160707.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/affluenza-teen-ethan-couch-arrested-for-probation-violation/ar-BBYyQ1Z?ocid=spartandhp

The parallels between this "affluenza" POS and the Bramblett killer are kinda sickening. Sorry if bringing this up makes you want to vomit.

• 3 months later...

I missed this in January. I don't see how May 4, 2020 jury date will stand in Covid19 sense, but I'll leave this here. Prayers always continue for all involved, but especially for Shelby, Josh, and the Burchams. 🦋💖🦅

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al.com/news/montgomery/2020/01/teen-indicted-in-crash-that-killed-rod-and-paula-bramblett.html%3foutputType=amp

Archived