Rod and Paula Bramblett Killed in Car Accident

Grieving!  I went as part of a group date to the Valley High School senior prom with Rod and Paula, then dating, 1984.  Have connected with him since and laughed about that night.  Who would have ever dreamed that he would become the Voice of Auburn?  She was so quiet and sweet.  Just caught the news and am crushed.  Stunned.  Prayers rising and will continue.  May an outpouring of love and support flood this family and all involved.  Only prayer in times like these...nothing else.  Until the Lord lays specific ways to help on our hearts...Revelation 21:4.  (These are the Rod and Paula I remember.) 

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their children are Shelby (AHS, Class of 2017) and Josh, several years younger.  Please lift them specifically.  

9 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Wish the best for Rod. I’m left wondering what could’ve distracted the Jeep that rear ended his vehicle....don’t think we’ll know the full details any time soon 

It was a rear-end collision that caused it?  My Lord, the rate of speed that must have been to cause all this.  I've seen many speculations on the Auburn forum-sphere and I wish they wouldn't run rampant but it's understandable when everyone is searching for any nibble of news...in the day and age we live in, seeing the age of the third person involved made my stomach sink further, hoping there's an explanation that doesn't involve human distraction or error.

Whatever the cause, there are two families  who should be whole tonight and aren't.  Praying for everyone involved.

Rod has died. Pray for his children. 

I don't have breath right now.  Dear Jesus, do what only You can do.  Love you, AU Family.  We make the most of every moment.  Hug your precious ones a bit tighter tonight.  The rainbow after this storm will have to be massive.

This just sucks so, so much.  What an absolutely heartbreaking week for the community starting with Officer Buechner and now Rod and his wife.  Just terrible.  All thoughts are with their families.

5 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

It was a rear-end collision that caused it?  My Lord, the rate of speed that must have been to cause all this.

I've witnessed a 90+ MPH rear-end collision at a stop light. The driver survived. Both in the other car did not.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

This just sucks so, so much.  What an absolutely heartbreaking week for the community starting with Officer Buechner and now Rod and his wife.  Just terrible.  All thoughts are with their families.

Heart wrenching week. Thoughts and prayers with the Auburn Family 

Archived