Rod and Paula Bramblett Killed in Car Accident

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m so heartbroken... I’ve never met him but I’m crying.  The kick six call is my ringtone and I was actually thinking it was time to change it the other day.  Not gonna happen now.  RIP sir and War Eagle Forever

Just a gut punch. talked to him on several occasions and he was such a nice, down to earth guy. Many prayers sent to his children and family. I couldn’t imagine losing both my parents, especially at their age. They need all the support that we can give them

Just now, gr82b4au said:

I imagine Stan White is crushed right now. Horrible. 

As is Sonny Smith and the rest of us. 

In tears right now, a guy that I idolized my whole life, the guy that made me want to get into broadcasting, the guy that made me want to be an announcer, especially play by play, and to have the interactions that I had with him, and now this. I’m just gutted, life isn’t fair sometimes. I can’t say what I want to say Bc it would just be bleeped out, this is not fair to his children and family, just unreal.

Crying tonight. Talked to him once in the mid 2000s .. couldn't have been more impressed with his professionalism. No one bled more orange and blue than he and Fyffe. Devastated. War Eagle Rod.

Haven’t been on here in awhile. I am heartbroken for first Rod’s family and our Auburn family. Prayers and tears at our house tonight. 

11 minutes ago, AUwent said:

He narrated the best season we ever had in both football and in basketball. RIP Rod.

Don't forget two runs to the College World Series in 94 and 97, including the biggest home run in Auburn history (David Ross's walk-off against FSU).

I’m going to put the kick six on loop and go to sleep with that iconic call in my ears. Devastated.

Pray for their kids. Nothing compares to what they’re going through tonight. 

This is just devastating. Shug Jordan is such a dangerous road at that intersection. This whole town is stunned and heart broken. Those are going to be so monumental shoes to fill. I cannot imagine listening without hearing him...Going to be hard for a while...Rest easy Rod and Mrs. Paula.

Heartbroken. May God wrap His arms around this family. 

Just terrible news.  Prayers for their kids & other family members.  Life is precious -- you could be here one minute and gone the next.  The AU family won't forget Rod.

Just sick right now - absolutely heartbreaking! I can’t imagine listening to an Auburn game without his voice coming through the radio. Prayers for his family tonight!

Archived