In his own words...

StatTiger

He had to replace a legend and did so by becoming one himself. Life is so precious and my heart goes out to Rod and Paula as well as their family and friends. Rod's voice much like Jim Fyffe, will never be forgotten.

https://youtu.be/sHq7SQ_B0hI

Thx Stat. That is incredible and heartbreaking to watch. Makes me think of Stan White and how devastating this must be for him. This will take a long time for the Auburn family to come to grips with. I had forgotten about the “turn out the lights and we’ll see you in Atlanta”. RIP Rod and Paula and War Eagle always.

The celebration in the press box for the Kick Six is my favorite. At first you don't realize that he is announcing live while that is going on. 

thanx for posting. sad sad day.............

18 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Can’t watch it right now.  I’ll get to it later.  It’s just too painful.  😢

Same here! Literally, I cannot see or watch him right now. It’s going to take at least a couple weeks.

Thanks for posting.  That's a beautiful piece.  There are a lot tears in my eyes right now.  My prayers are with the Bramblett family and their close friends.

Thanks for posting that.  

I remember thinking no one could replace Jim Fyffe, and then God blessed us with Rod Bramblett!!!!

”Go crazy Cadillac” and “There goes Davis” are two calls that will be etched in my memory forever!!!   

Praying for the whole Auburn family!!!

🙏❤️😰

Thanks Stat. The clip of them live at the end got me feeling some kinda way....

That ending got me. War Eagle Rod! Man this is a tough day. So proud of him and the kind of Auburn man he was. Lord be with the Bramlett family and the Auburn family right now. 

Im without words. Just heart is so full of hurt but I know the Rod and Paula are with the Lord. I feel so heavy hearted for their kids and family. I have had tears all day long. 

Thanks Stat for posting this.  I've avoided watching or listening to anything for the past couple of days but I forced myself to watch this and I'm glad I did.  The pain is still fresh and it makes me very sad to know that we won't get to hear Rod on the air for this upcoming season, but it was great to relive these iconic calls again!

So, I heard about the accident while we were in Nashville over the weekend and while I was concerned, I just knew things would turn out alright. RB was an Auburn man. He was a family man. He was a Godly man. Things would be okay.

My wife and I woke up during the night to a message from a friend relaying the sad truth. I've been dealing with a shoulder issue and sleep was precious so it didn't sink in before I drifted off to sleep again.

When we woke the next morning, we went to Starbucks and as I waited, I pulled out my phone and checked Facebook. The first post I saw was about him and his wife both passing away and right there in the middle of the Starbucks next to Vanderbilt campus, I cried. As I write this now, I'm crying.

While I grew up (like most of us), listening to JF, I started Auburn in 2003 when RB took over football calling duties. 2004 was my first football season as a student and was just as memorable to me as that magical 2013 season when I was right back in the student section with my then girlfriend and future wife. It seems like every epic moment of my Auburn football memories involve this man and his legendary voice.

There will never be another Rod Bramblett for me. Rest in Peace, my friend, and War Eagle Forever.

Archived