GoFundMe for the Brambletts

SCTiger2011

Understand if forum rules against fundraising exist and apply here but this link was tweeted by Auburn Baseball broadcast partner of Rod’s, Andy Burcham. It’s to support Shelby and Josh. 

https://www.gofundme.com/rod-and-paula-bramblett-family-memorial-fund

Thank you for sharing, I think this is a fair exception 

I just donated and came here to post about the GoFundMe page. Come on AU family lets come together like never before and meet the $100,000 goal in a matter of a few days!

I watched this goal...first, it was set at $25,000. Auburn family rose. Then upped to $50,000. Auburn family rose. All in less than 24 hours. It WILL reach $100,000, maybe beyond. This is all of our loss, and our hearts break for Shelby and Josh. I do not believe they will want for a single thing except the comforting embrace of Rod and Paula. They won't mistake the outpour even in the unspeakable grief. That's the definition of Auburn family, and that's the response to horrific times like these. It's not what happens to us, it's how we respond...the many, varied ways that play a part in the "We Care" tapestry. God is smiling right now to see the pressing on through the tears. War Eagle, and prayers for the sweet children and extended. 

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

$104,928 at the moment

Love the Auburn family

New bar set at $150,000. It will get there. Still less than 24 hours. So precious that other fanbases are sharing, as well. Some things are just bigger than football. Nothing replaces the unspeakable loss, but this is what is meant by Genesis 50:20...God ALWAYS brings some good out of tragedy. God plus time plus earthly "angels"...every bit counts. If you visit the page, read the comments. Many are anonymous, but there is so much comfort in the messages, near and far.

Seeing all the 109 donations makes me so happy.   What a showing of love and respect.  

On 5/26/2019 at 8:34 PM, SCTiger2011 said:

Understand if forum rules against fundraising exist and apply here but this link was tweeted by Auburn Baseball broadcast partner of Rod’s, Andy Burcham. It’s to support Shelby and Josh. 

https://www.gofundme.com/rod-and-paula-bramblett-family-memorial-fund

It is heart warming to see fans from many of our rivals donate and send condolences to the Auburn Family.  Rivalries fade away in times like this and it's a joy to see folks reach out when needed.

My mind is blown, my heart is warmed to see the pulling together and from some places one might not expect.  Says so much about the heart of the giver...Bob Shoop?  Phillip Marshall, Charlie Trotman, Cole Cubelic...certainly Tim Cook...it's not about the amount or the person, though admittedly I just named a few.  The anonymous ones are just as cherished.  It's about people taking seriously this opportunity from "the widow's mite" to "to whom much is given"...not to be noticed or called out...but just to share and rise when the need is there.  These are the times that levelize us all...grief does that...and it claims good over darkness.  I hope with every fibre of my being that these children know how loved they are and how blessed we all were to experience the God-given gifts of their parents that now carry on through them.  In the unspeakable sadness...I pray they just KNOW.  

The magnitude of the loss may be greater in widespread effect...but the magnitude of the response is, as well.  

From a teacher's viewpoint....please also be in prayer for Auburn High School as they minister to Joshua, and to Auburn University, for Shelby.  The timing of this puts the whole summer in front of them; they will not have the daily "busy-ness" that is typical of the school year.  We have cyber-adopted them in our own way, but may those who are closer to the situation have everything needed in word, deed, and resource, to be and do all that is needed, while they as well cope with their own grief.

Rod and Paula, your earthly legacy coupled with God's hand of provision is ALIVE and well!  ❤️:AUBig:

P.S.  If any of you are as "insatiably curtious" (Kipling) as I, check this out....I was wondering the significance of so many $109 donations.  Google is wonderful, indeed!  "With individual gifts ranging from $5 to $5,000, at least 12 donations were set at $109 as of Monday afternoon, a reference to the 2013 Iron Bowl, and the play call that turned Bramblett into a broadcasting legend. The reference is to the 109-yard game-winning kick return to end the game against Alabama. It’s a play call that will also forever be linked to Bramblett."

I am posting this because it moved me to give today. When I pray for guidance it helps me do the right thing for the right reason. Passing it on in case someone else here can be moved too. 

Screenshot_20190528-195342~2.png

gr82be...one of my favorite verses and so appropriate here!  It has fueled summer missions in Kenya, where I first learned of it, but it is PERFECT for now.  Thank you so much!!

And LOOK! Just now... $244,329 of $300,000 goal

The comments are still making me tear up/smile.

I think it would be amazing if Auburn named a communications building (or something along those lines) the Bramblett Building for his family. Honestly, he seems deserving to me.

On 5/28/2019 at 3:14 PM, ToraGirl said:

P.S.  If any of you are as "insatiably curtious" (Kipling) as I, check this out....I was wondering the significance of so many $109 donations.  Google is wonderful, indeed!  "With individual gifts ranging from $5 to $5,000, at least 12 donations were set at $109 as of Monday afternoon, a reference to the 2013 Iron Bowl, and the play call that turned Bramblett into a broadcasting legend. The reference is to the 109-yard game-winning kick return to end the game against Alabama. It’s a play call that will also forever be linked to Bramblett."

Thanks for sharing! Love this so much. 

Archived