Big Cat Weekend Visitors

gc2525

Does anyone have a preliminary list of the expected visitors to Big Cat Weekend? 

when we lost ellitor we lost big.................

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Why doesn't he post on here anymore?

Got in a huge fight with someone on here over a woman.  You probably remember he has a huge temper.  Punched a hole in the wall of his office one time too.  After a few threats back and forth they decided on a time and place to settle it once and for all with one weapon of choice.  For the record, the woman in question said she would respect the results.  The other poster chose a metal chain.  Ellitor chose his Prius as he was going to use the element of surprise while the other poster was distracted.  Luckily with today's smartphones, the whole incident was caught on camera.  Here is a video of the matter.  Go to 5:22.  E won, but is now in anger management training, hence no more posts for the time being.

In all seriousness, Ellitor works within Auburn's athletic department and signed a non-disclosure agreement so he can't post this stuff anymore.  Definitely a dream job that you would not want to lose.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4
  • Facepalm 1

20 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Why doesn't he post on here anymore?

He's not allowed to since his job is security for recruiting events and recruiting areas during games. 

All vip at this time!

COLLEGE PARK, GEORGIA — James Williams, the No. 11 recruit in the country for 2021, has visited Auburn just once but...

I found one and I’m looking for others, but it’s all vip. 

😂 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

He's not allowed to since his job is security for recruiting events and recruiting areas during games. 

Which is so flipping cool, but sucks for us. 

• Like 3

• Facepalm 1

18 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

That’s upsetting

So this is nowhere near everyone coming but here are the 2020 guys that I can surmise should be there according to their profile pages on 247. No VIP information just looking at their profiles and seeing what they're tagged in currently.

Phillip Webb 4* LB

Trenton Simpson 4* LB

Wesley Steiner 4* ATH (I believe we have him projected at LB)

Zykeivous Walker 4* DE

Andy Boykin 4* DE (would be nice to get him back on board)

Lawrance Taofili 4* RB (some buzz about the connection Cadillac has made with this kid)

Tank Bigsby 4* RB (we're trending but I don't think we would take both him and Taofili FWIW I would take Bigsby if I had to choose)

Eric Shaw 3* ATH

Tate Johnson 3* OG (FSU leads in CBs but we seem to be trending in the right direction considering he also OVd on the 15th)

Rodney Groce Jr. 3* LB

EJ Williams 4* WR (would be another monstrous WR class if we paired him with Hudson and JJ)

JUCO CB Brian George

Ethan Pouncey 4* CB

Things I noticed while scrolling through 247:

Cameron Riley taking an OV during Big Cat Weekend somewhere else is a little upsetting but it doesn't necessarily mean much. Just seems like he could have picked a different weekend to go see another school.

4* ATH Jeremiah Pegues is a freak and we're apparently trending. We view him as a TE for us.

4* OG Marcus Henderson wasn't tagged for BCW but is supposedly taking an UV tomorrow

4* QB Robby Ashford not coming likely means we're done at the QB position, which many have suggested. We might already be focusing on our 2021 QB options.

side note: I did not go through 2021 prospects and my lunch is over so this is the best I can offer right now

• Thanks 4

47 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I thought we cooled our recruiting for this kid?  Correct me if I am wrong @WarDamnEagleWDE, but hasn't he not continued to develop?  I thought we started focusing on other kids for that position.

8 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I thought we cooled our recruiting for this kid?  Correct me if I am wrong @WarDamnEagleWDE, but hasn't he not continued to develop?  I thought we started focusing on other kids for that position.

Not sure but he took an UV on the 23rd of February and is coming to Big Cat. I don't think we're keeping him around like that for no reason.

Edited by Zeek

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

So this is nowhere near everyone coming but here are the 2020 guys that I can surmise should be there according to their profile pages on 247. No VIP information just looking at their profiles and seeing what they're tagged in currently.

Phillip Webb 4* LB

Trenton Simpson 4* LB

Zykeivous Walker 4* DE

Lawrance Taofili 4* RB (some buzz about the connection Cadillac has made with this kid)

Tank Bigsby 4* RB (we're trending but I don't think we would take both him and Taofili FWIW I would take Bigsby if I had to choose)

Eric Shaw 3* ATH

Tate Johnson 3* OG (FSU leads in CBs but we seem to be trending in the right direction considering he also OVd on the 15th)

Rodney Groce Jr. 3* LB

EJ Williams 4* WR (would be another monstrous WR class if we paired him with Hudson and JJ)

JUCO CB Brian George

Ethan Pouncey 4* CB

Cameron Riley taking an OV during Big Cat Weekend somewhere else is a little upsetting but it doesn't necessarily mean much. Just seems like he could have picked a different weekend to go see another school.

4* ATH Jeremiah Pegues is a freak and we're apparently trending. We view him as a TE for us.

4* OG Marcus Henderson wasn't tagged for BCW but is supposedly taking an UV tomorrow

4* QB Robby Ashford not coming likely means we're done at the QB position, which many have suggested. We might already be focusing on our 2021 QB options.

side note: I did not go through 2021 prospects and my lunch is over so this is the best I can offer right now

Great info @Zeek. Linebacker class could be MONSTER if we get these guys. 

REALLY like the fact that Marcus Henderson is still checking us out as well. 

Generally, expect a commitment or two right around BCW, so I'm very hopeful we'll get one of these big names you mentioned in your post.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Great info @Zeek. Linebacker class could be MONSTER if we get these guys. 

REALLY like the fact that Marcus Henderson is still checking us out as well. 

Generally, expect a commitment or two right around BCW, so I'm very hopeful we'll get one of these big names you mentioned in your post.

I would love, if we could orchestrate it, to have the players ready to commit plan their commitment dates and announcements. With our lack of momentum lately it might look good to have about two weeks between commitments and keep the momentum rolling. Maybe it's silly but I'm an optics kind of guy lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zeek said:

Phillip Webb 4* LB

Trenton Simpson 4* LB

Zykeivous Walker 4* DE

Eric Shaw 3* ATH

Rodney Groce Jr. 3* LB

JUCO CB Brian George

Ethan Pouncey 4* CB

Only 2 OL on this preliminary list of visitors?

21 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Javion Cohen has said he will be here on Twitter as well, so make that 3. If we were to get all three of these guys, that would be 5 offensive linemen. 

Jernigan

Henderson

Cohen

Johnson

Buskey

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PUB78 said:

There quite easily could be more. I just don’t have the time/access to find everyone 

So KN just posted a VIP titled "No. 1 Player in Mississippi Heading to BCW"

That would be 4* DT McKinnley Jackson

15 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Javion Cohen has said he will be here on Twitter as well, so make that 3. If we were to get all three of these guys, that would be 5 offensive linemen. 

Jernigan

Henderson

Cohen

Johnson

Buskey

So you're saying we would be set at OG? Good thing we are loaded at the OT position! No knock on you with this post, just my general discontent with OL recruiting. We have great skill players and look to be struggling finding guys to give them time and space to do their thing. Some of these guys we are recruiting and currently have on roster are going to have to step up - BIG! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

So you're saying we would be set at OG? Good thing we are loaded at the OT position! No knock on you with this post, just my general discontent with OL recruiting. We have great skill players and look to be struggling finding guys to give them time and space to do their thing. Some of these guys we are recruiting and currently have on roster are going to have to step up - BIG! 

Agreed about the OT position. It seems like we will end up decently set at the OG position (which is good because inside pressure is impossible to overcome). Now, OT is interesting because we have a JUCO player which provides some experience and Cohen (though not committed yet) who Auburn rates very highly at OT. All of that being said, I too would like for us to stock up across the OL so as to improve the odds of finding an instant impact player.

3 hours ago, AUcivE09 said:

I agree. I really wished we would push for a big 5* OT like Broderick Jones. I know we certainly tried with him, but wish one of these guys would get a little interested. 

• Like 1

I guess Jeremiah Wright (OT) and James Robinson (OG) are not coming???

2 minutes ago, Roos said:

I guess Jeremiah Wright (OT) and James Robinson (OG) are not coming???

Not confirmed yet at least. KN said there are some guys that have asked him not to reveal their presence until they're already on campus.

• Thanks 1

Whoever lives near Auburn should swing by the SI office and let them know Ellitor is 'off the beat' now.   They probably don't know.   I am sure they would understand and get the deputy SI director to log in, say twice or three times each day to guide us along.  Perhaps one of you guys could also explain to Gus our problem.   He is all about sharing info with us...

I would, but I live in TX.