Big Cat Weekend Visitors

gc2525

Sure would be nice to nail down a couple of these high profile commitments this month....too early fro Christmas presents isn't it?  

Florida CB Ethan Pouncey 'loved' Big Cat visit to Auburn

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports.com

AUBURN | Winter Park (Fla.) cornerback 

didn’t know what to expect when he visited Auburn for Big Cat on Saturday.

But he quickly learned it was a day of fun, a day when 35 recruits participated in games, scavenger hunts and talent competitions.

“It was great. I loved it,” Pouncey said. “I didn’t expect the games we played, but I liked it because it was fun and took me out of my comfort zone.”Pouncey was one of a few defensive backs in the large group of recruits. He spent the majority of the day with cornerbacks coach Marcus Woodson. The two have developed a strong bond, one that strengthened throughout the day.

“I spent most of my time with him (Woodson),” Pouncey said. “He’s a really good person. I can tell by the way he treats his family that he would help me and groom me into a man.”

Pouncey is considering playing for Woodson. Auburn has solidified a spot high on Pouncey’s list.

“I love Auburn and I love the tradition of Auburn,” Pouncey said. “They talk about family, but it truly feels like they are all a family. Auburn is definitely an option, definitely a school I am considering going to.”

Pouncey now has visited Auburn three times and plans to return at least two more times before making a decision.

“I’m definitely going to take an official there,” Pouncey said. “And I want to try and go back unofficially a few times before I take my official. I really like it at Auburn.”

Pouncey doesn’t have a timetable for making his commitment.

“I don’t,” he said. “When I decide, I’m just going to announce it.”

• Thanks 1

Depending on the site Ethan Pouncey is 6'1" or 6'2" tall and 160 pounds. He will need to put on some weight but that shouldn't be a problem. That is good height for a CB as he can match up with taller receivers.  he is a solid 4* and would be a great pickup if he decides to commit to Auburn. I really hope to see some of the seeds planted at Big Cat to start bearing fruit this summer.

• Like 2

Thanks Zeek!  Fun read.   

I think I missed the part where you ensured 2-3 committed before you posted this.   I probably just overlooked it.  

Seriously, fun read.

• Love 1

10 hours ago, Zeek said:

3* OT Jeremiah Wright | 6’5” | 320 lbs | Selma AL

This is a name to know moving forward. Auburn is casting a far and wide net for offensive line talent but it might be some late bloomers instate that fill out the class. The Tigers snagged Javion Cohen this weekend and could soon do the same with Wright. But keep an eye on the Vols, they were the first SEC school to offer him and he was in Knoxville Saturday following his trip to Auburn.

3* OT Javion Cohen | 6’4” | 281 lbs | Phenix City, AL (AU Commit)

The biggest news of the weekend was Cohen’s commitment. He’s the exact type of prospect Auburn has not done a great job of landing in recent cycles. I don’t see him as a day one starter at OT in the SEC but he’s a guy that given a year or two of development could hold down a tackle position for a multiple seasons for the Tigers. No doubt he will also now be working hard on his teammate and top 100 prospect 4* WR EJ Williams who was also on campus this past weekend.

3* OT Kilian Zierer | 6’7” | 260 lbs | Valencia, CA (JUCO)

Auburn needs immediate help on the OL next year, specifically at offensive tackle. They already have JUCO product in Jonathan Buskey committed but are hoping to add another early impact player if possible at the position. Zierer has jumped to the top of that list. The German native only recently picked up football and is still in the early stages of his recruitment but Auburn apparently set the bar high for him and his family moving forward. Signing what could be the #1 and #2 JUCO OTs in this 2020 class would be a nice boost to next year’s OT depleted roster.

Look at that. Getting serious about less highly recruited OTs early in the cycle instead of ignoring them in favor of big dogs and eventually coming up empty. 

Hope it's not too late for Gus to realize the benefits of letting his assistants do their jobs. 

Thanks, Zeek!

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Look at that. Getting serious about less highly recruited OTs early in the cycle instead of ignoring them in favor of big dogs and eventually coming up empty. 

Hope it's not too late for Gus to realize the benefits of letting his assistants do their jobs. 

Thanks, Zeek!

See my post in the J. Wright thread. Go after both. Gus and his tunnel vision.

• Like 2

Final * Count of attendees...

2 5*s
20 4*s
11 3*s

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

6’7” 260lb. seems a little thin for an SEC OT atm.  We’re gonna have to feed that German kid some deep fried southern food!

You had me at 6'7. He can be an athletic 300+ easy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

6’7” 260lb. seems a little thin for an SEC OT atm.  We’re gonna have to feed that German kid some deep fried southern food!

His 247 profile says 290 FWIW.

Edited by ellitor
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Some bratwurst, pan fried potatoes and chicken cordon blue etc will get him some quick weight gain!

18 hours ago, ellitor said:

Imagine what a serious conditioning program would do for a raw talent, given his size....

• Love 1

Does anyone have any updated info on these 2021 guys . I looked on the visitor list for Big Kat and did not see their names on Big Kat.

280961B0-77F9-4C3B-96D8-5BF385362357.jpeg

315D4779-E0B2-44AB-BFA9-E2BB2C08341A.jpeg

82F4BD5A-2B73-40F3-A8DE-4101A46EFD87.jpeg

Edited by AlaskanFAN
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, AlaskanFAN said:

Does anyone have any updated info on these 2021 guys . I looked on the visitor list for Big Kat and did not see their names on Big Kat.

They were not on the list & no AU related article on any of them in 2 or 3 months. I had never heard of Brooks or Hunter til this post TBH. Also when recruits are over 1 signing class away there usually is not much about them in terms of articles or info.

Edited by ellitor
  • Thanks 1