2020 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

16 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Does this hurt our chances with Boston/

Probably doesn’t help but we were already behind Kentucky and Duke.

55 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Does this hurt our chances with Boston/

Absolutely

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

AU makes top 12 for 5* Nimari Burnett. Tigers believed to be making a push here. Hopefully we can reel him in. Would love to get him

Burnett.PNG

He loses all credibility on his top 12 when he adds Bama to it.  Give me a break.  What legit bb player wants to go there now that Avery can't pay them

1 hour ago, LKEEL75 said:

What legit bb player wants to go there now that Avery can't pay them

I guess any kid that liked the new coach's work at Buffalo.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I find this kids list interesting because of the teams he did not list.  UCLA about the only blue blood but far in the rear view.

yeah a 5* without KY, Duke, UNC....  seems odd

Off of this years team and the incoming players we should have 8 Scholarship players in next years class.  We already have one commitment Justin Powell and everybody seems to believe that we have Sharife Cooper locked up.  If my counting is correct we could still can add up to 5 more players in next years class. I have a few Questions.

In reviewing comments in this thread it seems like we have a good shot at Ronngie Gordon, Colby Jones, Jayden Stone and Walker Kessler. 

Would we want a full class?

Are these the players we have best shot at?   

Are there others I have missed we have a better shot at?

If you had to make your best educated guess or uneducated guess at this time who do you think we end up with in this class?

My Picks:

Justin Powell

Sharife Cooper

Rongie Gordon - We need his size and physicality

Jayden Stone

I want Kessler but for some reason not based on any knowledge I don't think we get him.  We would still have room for up to 3 more. This would still allow us a shot at Mark Sears or KD Johnson at PG unless we have promised Sharife no more PG's in this class. 

19 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

we could still can add up to 5 more players in next years class.

It's 5 only if Stretch doesn't enroll. If he does then it's 4. The roster will have the 7 from the 2019 class plus the Memphis transfer Johnson will be on roster plus Powell committed. That's nine with the max roster size being 13 on scholly..

22 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Would we want a full class?

Why not? We just made one by taking Cambridge.

23 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Are these the players we have best shot at?   

TBD

24 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Are there others I have missed we have a better shot at? 

TBD

26 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If you had to make your best educated guess or uneducated guess at this time who do you think we end up with in this class? 

The only one I'm willing to guess on is Sharife. We are in a good spot for Stone but it's peculiar as to why we continue offering other 2 guards.

28 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

We would still have room for up to 3 more

Your scenario leaves room for 1 more barring attrition on the current roster or Stretch not getting in.

• Like 1

Maybe they really think they can hit one of the higher targets than Stone. I was just speaking in jest when I said he might be a consolation prize but it really does seem like he's not their ideal choice at that position. I was under the assumption he's been ready to commit here for a while, and they apparently haven't done anything to make him do differently, so I guess all is good. 

5 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Saw this. That's not bad news at all....

Not that Harper has ever looked jacked, but has he dropped weight? He looks like about 155 160 lbs in that pic. 

On 7/24/2019 at 7:44 PM, twilli13 said:

Not that Harper has ever looked jacked, but has he dropped weight? He looks like about 155 160 lbs in that pic. 

He's always been pretty small. Camera might be playing tricks on you.

Hope he succeeds to the best of his ability, all the moves he's made tell you he's trying to get to the league with 100% certainty, and be as prepared as he can be. I gotta respect that. Hope Okoro busts his...when they matchup though!!

37 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Id be speechless if we lost whoever this guy is to anyone on that list other than UGA. 

Why UGA? Them & Bama are the worst programs on his list.

• Thanks 1