2020 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Why UGA? Them & Bama are the worst programs on his list.

New coaches syndrome

• Thanks 2
  • Dislike 1

General question: Are basketball recruits any more or less of a sure thing in college- assuming that they qualify and stay out of trouble, and only for the brief time that they are required to stick around before moving on to the NBA- than football recruits?

With football, we sign 25 guys hoping that, what, a dozen of them can actually contribute? 

Are basketball recruits any more predictable?

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

General question: Are basketball recruits any more or less of a sure thing in college- assuming that they qualify and stay out of trouble, and only for the brief time that they are required to stick around before moving on to the NBA- than football recruits?

With football, we sign 25 guys hoping that, what, a dozen of them can actually contribute? 

Barbee era was About like football. Players were going mostly because he ran them off. Under Bruce most have stuck around  unless they went Pro.

21 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Because UGA has the best recruiter out of any of the programs on that list

In Basketball? Disagree. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

But nowhere near the tradition or basketball prestige.

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

You pretty much know if a guy is good or not as far as basketball; it's how good though.....you may think a guy is going to be an all American type talent and he only averages 8 points. But take a guy like Ben Simmons......you knew nobody would really be able to guard him

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Oh and I try to put people on guys pretty early. Last year I told people about Ja Morant; carsen Edwards (who's really turning heads in the NBA right now); Darius Garland; I can't explain but I just knew. My cousin I'm biased but he wasn't a super recruit or nothing but I started writing about him when he was a sophomore in high school. Mark Sears is going to be a senior this year I've been writing about him for a while.

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

WTF IS THIS ISH?!?!? Are you kidding me right now?! I go to bat for you and defend you to numerous people on here and say you are not as crazy as you come off and this is how you re pay me?! lol come on maaaaaaaaaaaaan. GAHHHHHHH. Dude Bruce is at a Under Armour school and had all the negative pub of the FBI saga and still was able to get a top 20 class. Bruce would dust your beloved Harbaugh brother in law if all things were equal in crutin. 

r.gif

ghy.gif

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This is the basketball section 🏀

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

We've offer yet another 2020 SG. Recruiting that position in this class is very peculuar to me. This one is a 3*.

6 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

WTF IS THIS ISH?!?!? Are you kidding me right now?! I go to bat for you and defend you to numerous people on here and say you are not as crazy as you come off and this is how you re pay me?! lol come on maaaaaaaaaaaaan. GAHHHHHHH. Dude Bruce is at a Under Armour school and had all the negative pub of the FBI saga and still was able to get a top 20 class. Bruce would dust your beloved Harbaugh brother in law if all things were equal in crutin. 

r.gif

ghy.gif

I wasnt including BP in that list, I think once Crean gets a few classes under his belt though...it's going to be something.

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

But nowhere near the tradition or basketball prestige.

And that's cool when you're talking UNC, Kentucky, Duke, hell UCLA or St Johns/Georgetown/Marquette. Who are we saying has more basketball prestige than Crean has in recruiting prowess? Xavier? Stanford? 

13 hours ago, ellitor said:

We've offer yet another 2020 SG. Recruiting that position in this class is very peculuar to me. This one is a 3*.

Yeah that really is kind of odd. Is it because we don't think Jayden Stone is actually as sold on AU as we thought? Really makes you wonder... 

45 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Is it because we don't think Jayden Stone is actually as sold on AU as we thought?

Or is the staff sold on him? I have seen questions about his defense.

15 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Did you need to quote me

I'm just saying what they all thinking, I'm always going to be 💯

20 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Keep your 100 as far away from me as possible 

You act as if somebody wants to be around you! When you say dumb stuff I'm going to laugh at it. It's not personal, it's just dumb is funny

• Haha 1

Just now, cole256 said:

You act as if somebody wants to be around you! When you say dumb stuff I'm going to laugh at it. It's not personal, it's just dumb is funny

yada yada, you read the post that's all I have to say to you.

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

yada yada, you read the post that's all I have to say to you.

Sounds good to me! I look forward to your future posts about football and basketball...I don't know which one is more entertaining 🔥

This offseason has been longer than the seven years war. I truly dont know if this section could handle more wood thrown in the fire. Probably one more Lamelo stan away from sinking like the titanic 

Lol trying to be smart just isn't you! Tom Crean is a better recruiter than Bruce, Cooper is our LeBron.....long long long off-season 🌈

On 7/29/2019 at 7:39 PM, GwillMac6 said:

r.gif

ghy.gif

Numerous people was a very nice way to put it