2020 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

Just now, doverstutts said:

I bought a 24/7 subscription and its hard to not be exited about what may be in the works. Hooks appears justified with his uber exuberance about recruiting. I'll honor the code about no premium content repeated, but I'ma gonna' have a broken heart if we don't have a top 5 class before its all over. Rankings on stars are subjective and not a guaranteed value system, but I'd sure like to see what BP could do with a group of 5"s. This like plowing a new ground for AU basketball

What a ride we're on with this coach and team right now. 

39 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

What a ride we're on with this coach and team right now. 

i actually think that we will win the big show before long.....we would have won it this if not for the corruption coming out in the dregs in striped shirts.....officials should be given lie detector exams on a monthly basis....i wonder how many would pass?......

• Like 1

4 hours ago, doverstutts said:

I'll honor the code about no premium content repeated

It's not no premium content repeated. 2 or 3 quick bullet points can always be posted. Also nearly every thing Hooks may post as VIP he also posts as free. Heck most of the time his posts are more free than VIP.

Now if you're looking for premium basketball info then Rivals is the place. They cover it more & better than 247.

OP updated. Posted notes on our top 3 or 4 targets at each position.

Also someone well respected in the basketball community & connected to the program projects AU landing a class of Cooper,  Murrell, Powell, Brakefield, & Kessler FWIW. If that projection happens it will have 4 top 50 nationally ranked players, 2 5*s, & would finish #3 or #4 nationally based on the past 5 years via the class calculator.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 4

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

OP updated. Posted notes on our top 3 or 4 targets at each position.

Also someone well respected in the basketball community & connected to the program projects AU landing a class of Cooper,  Murrell, Powell, Brakefield, & Kessler FWIW. If that projection happens it will have 4 top 50 nationally ranked players, 2 5*s, & would finish #3 or #4 nationally based on the past 5 years via the class calculator.

2 things....  1) It seems insane to think this could possible happen for AU basketball  2) It is more insane that we could take 4 of top 50 players in the country and end op 3-4 in class rank and not #1.  That is just crazy.

13 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

It is more insane that we could take 4 of top 50 players in the country and end op 3-4 in class rank and not #1.  That is just crazy.

This part is not insane or crazy. UK had 4 of the top 35 last year. They ended up #2 because Memphis had 7 high school signees with 5 being in the top 60 & the other 2 4*s. UK had 4 5*s & 5 of the top 40 in 2018 but was beaten out by Duke because Duke had 4 5*s also with a little better rating average & their 5th in their class was in the top 35. UK was beaten out again by Duke in 2017 even though they landed 6 5*s & their 7th was in the top 35.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, ellitor said:

It's not no premium content repeated. 2 or 3 quick bullet points can always be posted. Also nearly every thing Hooks may post as VIP he also posts as free. Heck most of the time his posts are more free than VIP.

Now if you're looking for premium basketball info then Rivals is the place. They cover it more & better than 247.

i'll look into it

On 8/28/2019 at 2:51 PM, tigerbrotha12 said:

FWIW, Hooks said on ITAT, this morning, that AU is in "tip top shape" for Kessler. 

Also said things with Cooper still look "fantastic" and expects him to commit early this fall...

Pretty cool......

I appreciate Hooks’ enthusiasm, but he’s a sunshine pumper first and foremost and this is exhibit A.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jared52 said:

I appreciate Hooks’ enthusiasm, but he’s a sunshine pumper first and foremost and this is exhibit A.

Yep. He’s definitely an insider but also seems to have a few of these sometimes where he’s sold on a guy. I know these recruits can also shock coaches sometimes and a guy they thought they had just up and vanishes. Oh well, plenty of other big recruits out there to go get. 

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

To be fair, this is not on Hooks. Every AU writer & person connected to the program & some national guys felt AU was in good shape, Sunshine pumpers & realists alike.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That sucks! He wanted AU but the "pending letter" was used effectively against us.

If only we were totally clean like Roy and UNC. Damn......

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

the "pending letter" was used effectively against us.

Possibly but I don't know if it's true or if it is, not sure it was a factor.

20 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Possibly but I don't know if it's true or if it is, not sure it was a factor.

UNC might not have used it, but many others were and it made him rethink things. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Yep damn Chuck Person

Shows all of us how things can and do change. I remember a Pat Dye quote, circa 1990: "There is no better ambassador and representative of Auburn University than Chuck Person."

Now look, here we all, including me, are in the Damn Chuck Person camp and rightfully so. Sad stuff.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, bigbird said:

UNC might not have used it, but many others were and it made him rethink things. 

Definitely can see that.

I will create a Jalen Green in a day or so but here's something interesting til then...

We had previously been thought to be behind Memphis & Oregon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Being Auburn, we are always going to start a step behind for these kind of players going against the Duke/UNC/Kentucky/Kansas/Michigan States of the world. The smallest hurdle (and this could be a big one) makes it harder. The NCAA with its arbitrary enforcement and foot-dragging timing only adds to our challenges.

Edited by fredst

No shame in losing a 5* kid to UNC . However this pending NCAA letter is really mucking things up for us. 

Also, don't get me started on UNC and keeping things above board...